In this section...
- Beautiful converted apartment
- 17th-century building
- Private terrace with delightful views
- Ideal base for exploring Florence, Siena and San Gimignano
Panoramic green landscapes, traditional architecture and wine worth travelling for, of course we’re talking about Tuscany – and Casa Angelica offers you a taste of this 17th-century, beautifully converted apartment. You’ll find views like artwork over the Chianti hills, plenty of traditional charm and, right on the border of Chianti, a perfect starting point for exploring.
Inside, historic touches are a reminder of days gone by: rustic exposed brickwork, stone archways and wooden beams. But, the apartment has been updated for the discerning traveller with complimentary wi-fi, a Smart TV, well-equipped kitchen and thoughtful finishing touches that make it all the more welcoming.
With two bedrooms – a master and a twin/double room – a couple or a small family would feel at home here. Being on the ground floor of this converted villa, you have easy access to the private sun terrace just outside, where there’s also an al fresco dining area: the perfect spot to watch the sunset, basking in the glow, with a glass of one of those famous Tuscan wines.
The local area
Whether you’re looking to explore by car, bicycle, or on foot you’re spoilt for choice on areas to discover. You can pop down to Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, 4km away, to browse the local shops or explore the cobbled streets and walled history of San Donato in Poggio, just under 5km away.
For getting out and about, the main road between Siena (49km away) and Florence (28km away) is easily accessible, should you wish to put your love affair with the sweeping Tuscan landscape on hold and go city-side.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
- 2 bedroom apartment (sleeps 2-4)
- 4 steps down to open-plan sitting/dining room with fireplace and TV
- Well-equipped kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, filter coffee machine, moka coffee machine, mini-blender, mini-chopper, steamer, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom (can be configured into a double if required)
- Spacious shower room
- Flat screen TV, DVD and CD players
- Large sun terrace with natural shade (overlooked)
- Complimentary WiFi
- In Italy, a daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa or hotel owner during your stay.
- Security deposit (£150) required 3 weeks prior to departure.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4-8pm
- Check out time – 10am
- San Donato in Poggio (restaurants) 5min drive
- Tavernelle Val di Pesa (shops/restaurants/supermarkets) 7min drive
- Florence 40min drive
- Siena 45min drive
- Pisa airport 1hr 15min drive
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange your flights for an extra charge of £25 per person, plus the cost of the flights themselves.
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in Italy to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Heathrow||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||Ryanair||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|East Midlands||Jet2||Saturday||June - September|
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|London City||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|Manchester||British Airways||Saturday||June - September|
|Edinburgh||British Airways||Saturday||June - October|
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium and 1 large suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request. Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group H – Alfa Romeo Giulietta AUT or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F - Fiat Tipo SW or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – BMW Gran Tourer Station Wagon or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Tammy and Nicola were great hosts. The accommodation was lovely and comfortable with every need provided and more. A lot of thought had been put into the information about the area of what to see and do. We enjoyed our stay so much we were reluctant to leave.
Mr White – June 2015
Thank you for such a lovely and restful stay. Every comfort was ours here and the location could not be more perfect for enjoying the best of Tuscany and Umbria. Thank you also for the lovely New Year's Eve recommendation. The Antica Scuderia was a beautiful location, lovely food.
Mrs Tan – January 2015
Thank you so much for making us so welcome here at Casa Angelica! We've had a wonderful week. The house is perfectly located for all the Tuscan sites – we particularly liked the trip to the vineyard, Antinori nel Chianti, where we had a wonderful lunch overlooking the vineyards and rolling countryside. We will definitely be back!
Chris & Emily – October 2014
Thank you so much for opening up Casa Angelica to us. We have had an amazing time here thanks to you. Thank you for making us feel so welcome and Nicola your helpful tips on travel and restaurants were excellent. Too many highlights to mention but San Donato and restaurant La Toppa amazing! We ate here three times and were never disappointed! The facilities here at Casa Angelica are home from home – actually better than our home. We absolutely loved the morning tea in your secluded garden with the wonderful views. We definitely recommend this to everyone we know. Thank you again for an amazing stay.
Natalie & Gareth – September 2014
Wonderful relaxing stay in a beautiful apartment and lovely surroundings. Thank you Tammy and Nicola.
Mrs Groves – August 2014
What an amazing place we have come across here at Casa Angelica. Our stay here has been very busy but with this apartment to come home to at the end of each day was very relaxing.
Brook, Ele, Sophie, Nan & Po – July 2014
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
To complete the picture, explore our collection of handpicked villas, boutique Simpson Hotels and charming apartments or discover our Tuscan Wandering programme to truly immerse yourself in the local culture.
View holiday Booking Conditions