Digital Team Intern (User Acceptance/QA Tester)
Fully Remote or Hybrid Working (UK Richmond Office or Corfu Town)
December 2022 – May 2023
You will be responsible for:
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the workings of the website and the products it is used to sell
- Working alongside the Backend and Frontend Developers and owning the testing process within the business
- Working to deliver and execute acceptance criteria and their execution on automated basis
- Developing web testing automation using frameworks such as Selenium
- Raising any issues with releases in a timely manner with developers via ticketing system
- Support the development team and troubleshoot issues when they arise
- Providing regular reports on the status of tests and highlight opportunities for improvements
- Excellent written communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of testing best practices and test automation development
- Familiar with the disciplines of the software development lifecycle and knowledge of differing environments and their uses
- Previous knowledge of issue tracking software such as Jira
- Full Time Hours - 09:00-18:00 Monday to Friday (one hour lunch break)
- £24,000 pa pro-rata salary
- 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays pro-rata
- Work-based on-the-job training
- Opportunity to build your career at Simpson Travel
- Friends and Family Scheme
- Holiday concession scheme (after 6 months)
Simpson Travel Employment Culture
Working at Simpson Travel is an opportunity to be part of a passionate, highly motivated team who are committed to delivering excellent customer service. We have an industry heritage of nearly 40 years and draw on our combined knowledge and experience to offer award-winning travel experiences that enable us to stand out from the crowd. Our culture is inclusive and friendly as we are family owned by a passionate and inspiring leader. Currently embarking on a period of growth and transformation to upgrade technical systems and broaden its customer base, your role will be pivotal in helping the company achieve its goals.
In the UK our team currently work a hybrid working arrangement which is either one or two days in the Richmond Office and the remaining from home depending on the role.
Our permanent staff enjoy the following benefits
- Company Pension Scheme with Royal London (after three months' service)
- 25 days’ Annual Leave (increases to 28 with length of service) plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for fixed term contracts and part-time hours)
- Generous Holiday Concessions after six months' service
- Friend and Family Discounts on Simpson Travel holidays
- Educationals – trips for staff to get to know and understand our destinations
- Complimentary Annual Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy (excluding ski)
- ‘Cycle to Work’ Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Keep an eye on this page for a list of all our current vacancies.
Privacy notice for job applicants
Our privacy notice for job applicants explains the types of personal data Simpson Travel may collect about you when you apply for a job with us. It also explains how we collect it, who we share it with, how we store it, how long we retain it for and how we keep it safe.
We want you to be fully informed about your rights and hope the notice answers any questions you may have. The privacy notice can be found here.