Part Time Senior Designer (3 or 4 full days)
Hybrid Working (Richmond office)
We are looking for an additional talented and passionate Senior Designer to join the UK Marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, you will drive forward the company’s creative strategy with multiple departments to develop and produce quality creative solutions that meet Simpson Travel’s business goals.
You will be required to show a deep understanding of design, branding, content strategy, digital design and interactive design and play a key role working with the Company Directors and Head of Digital to shape new opportunities for Simpson Travel.
- Creating strategic design concepts across print and digital alongside the Head of Marketing, for presentation to the wider management team
- Translating new marketing and UX goals into creative strategies and implementing them
- Working with the creative team to deliver projects from concept to completion. Taking ownership of planning and estimation for design projects
- Managing a range of suppliers and freelancers in design/video/sound production
- Working with the digital team to produce strategically driven UI/UX designs to optimise website performance
- Creating eye catching designs for a range of marketing materials whilst working in line with Simpson Travel's brand identity. This will include brochure design, email/web templates, digital/print ads, marketing and sales collateral, blogs and social media campaigns
- Creating graphics and infographics to show information and data in a clear and engaging way
- Working and liaising with print companies to ensure optimal print production from conception
- Taking ownership of visual designs that effectively communicate brand concepts and identity
- Managing and maintaining the image library and automating workflows (exposure to WebDam/Bynder a benefit)
- Ad hoc asset resizing, cropping, retouching, and optimisation of images and artwork for our day-to-day business needs
- Researching and editing pictures online or from our image library for the website, social media and other marketing materials, ensuring they're on-brand and of the highest quality
Essential Skills and Experience
- A strong design portfolio: this should span a range of online/offline projects and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the different design techniques, technologies and working processes that are used to deliver them. We would expect to see ownership of a broad selection of creative projects from concept stage to final delivery.
- A degree: Graphic Design or professional equivalent.
- Experience: minimum 7 years. Solid digital and print graphic design experience in a creative agency or in-house design team. Experience working on luxury brands is preferred.
- Highly proficient in: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Working knowledge of: CMS, CRM, email automation, wireframing and video editing.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills: able to juggle multiple projects and work flows calmly, while working to tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach: able to react quickly to last-minute trading requirements and pressures, adapting as required.
- Self-motivated: can be relied upon to successfully deliver required results, using personal initiative and a methodical, problem-solving approach to design challenges. Should enjoy team work but be equally confident and driven when working alone.
- Customer focussed: able to take proactive action to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Great attention to detail: our ideal candidate will have an excellent eye for detail, checking all aspects of content and campaign details before setting them live (think typography kerning for editorial projects and taking the time to get image-cropping/editing just right).
- Innovative: able to find new ways of looking at issues and problems, generating innovative ideas and striving for high and continuously improving performance.
- Passion: previous experience in travel is preferred but a passion for travel is a must.
- Good communication skills: a good collaborator who thrives on sharing their experience, knowledge and expertise with the team around them.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter, CV and link to your portfolio as soon as possible. This vacancy will close to applications shortly
Hybrid Working (UK Richmond Office)
We are looking for a candidate who will take ownership of all data sources across the business, converting that data in to accurate and meaningful management information that enables the business to make informed decisions which lead to improved profitability.
The successful candidate will use data to create tools that improve efficiency leading to time and/or cost savings. Become the expert and ‘go to person’ for all business information requirements.
- Take ownership of all data and reporting requirements and requests for the business
- Set up and maintain automated data processes
- Create dashboards and visual tools to enable the user to easily understand the data
- Monitor and audit data quality
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
- Future – pro-actively identify areas for process improvement and automation
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data presenting it to the user(s) in an easy to understand format.
- Maximise the potential of the data warehouse.
- In conjunction with Head of Digital and Head of Finance, prioritise user requests based on their impact a) time and/or cost savings and b) profitability
- Work with the Head of Digital and marketing team (including Paid/Organic Search specialists) to produce automated weekly reports to monitor the KPIs ensuring that a close eye is kept on return on investment of campaign performance.
- When necessary, dive into reports to gain insights from user behaviour.
- Understand the importance of and encourage the adoption of a data-driven culture within the business.
Marketing reporting, analysis and insight
- Maintain and develop the current system for effectively monitoring the performance of all marketing activity; provide monthly campaign evaluation and activity insight and present learning to marketing team; assist with other ad-hoc analysis projects
Data selection and mailing lists
- Utilise company’s data visualisation tool to analyse data and create target audiences; manage the extract, cleaning and preparation of all campaign data lists
- Assist in delivering various other digital projects around the business from concept to delivery
Essential Skills and Experience
- Exceptional numerical skills
- Exceptional excel skills including data cleaning, formatting, text manipulation, lookup formulas, pivot tables and macros.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to communicate findings through clear visual, written and verbal communication
- Strong SQL and database query skills
- Desirable: Knowledge or experience with Big Query
- Desirable: Python Programming Experience
- Desirable: Power BI Experience
- Desirable: Jet reporting experience – Microsoft Business Central Accounting System
- Desirable: Previous travel industry experience in comparable role
To apply plesae send your CV and Covering Letter as soon as possible to: email@example.com. This vacancy will close to applications shortly
Simpson Travel Employment Culture
Working at Simpson Travel is an opportunity to be part of a passionate, highly motivated team who are committed to delivering excellent customer service. We have an industry heritage of nearly 40 years and draw on our combined knowledge and experience to offer award-winning travel experiences that enable us to stand out from the crowd. Our culture is inclusive and collaborative as we are family owned by a passionate and inspiring leader. Currently embarking on a period of growth and transformation to upgrade technical systems and broaden its customer base, your role will be pivotal in helping the company achieve its goals.
In the UK our team currently work a hybrid working arrangement which is either one or two days in the Richmond Office and the remaining from home depending on the role.
Our permanent staff enjoy the following benefits
- Company Pension Scheme with Royal London (after three months' service)
- 25 days’ Annual Leave (increases to 28 with length of service) plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for fixed term contracts and part-time hours)
- Generous Holiday Concessions after six months' service
- Friend and Family Discounts on Simpson Travel holidays
- Educationals – trips for sales staff to get to know and understand our destinations
- Complimentary Annual Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy (excluding ski)
- ‘Cycle to Work’ Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Keep an eye on this page for a list of all our current vacancies.
Privacy notice for job applicants
Our privacy notice for job applicants explains the types of personal data Simpson Travel may collect about you when you apply for a job with us. It also explains how we collect it, who we share it with, how we store it, how long we retain it for and how we keep it safe.
We want you to be fully informed about your rights and hope the notice answers any questions you may have. The privacy notice can be found here.