JUNIOR-MID LEVEL - FULL STACK DEVELOPER .NET C#
£40 - £45k per year depending on experience
Hybrid role: 2 or 3 days in our London (Richmond) office and 2 or 3 days remote
As a Full Stack Developer you will be working across all of the business systems for this award-winning Luxury Travel Company; your role will begin by providing support and maintenance to meet the requirements of the various business departments, implementing bug fixes, minor enhancements. Once up to speed there will be the opportunity to contribute to more major development projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementation of business requirements
- Interfacing with business teams directly to provide day to day operational support and point of contact for live issues as well as ensuring their ability to use the business systems effectively
- Improving the quality of the codebase, documentation and adhering to coding standards
- Implementing automated testing for the software developed work within the AzureDevlops/TeamCity/Octopus CI/CD
- Work within an agile development process
Skills and Experience - Essential
- At least 2-3 years commercial experience
- Ability to communicate at technical and business levels
- Unit testing and quality assurance approaches (TDD/BDD)
- Capable of working with (and developing) multiple (REST) API's documented with eg OpenAPI/swagger
- Working in an agile CI/CD development environment
- A positive and cooperative individual who will work effectively across departments and within a team
- CMS Experience eg with Umbraco
- ReactJS, AngularJS
- .NET Core
- MS SQL Server
- Other API messaging formats eg JSON, XML, SOAP
- Implementing business process automation tools
- Familiar with Azure cloud services & setting up/managing resources/deploying apps
- Automated testing tools (eg Selenium, MSunit)
- CI/CD tools (eg Git, Bitbucket, Teamcity, Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, Chef, Puppet)
Apply to: email@example.com with a covering letter and CV.
SALES AND PRODUCT EXECUTIVE
Full Time, Continuing, Hybrid – 2 days minimum in the London (Richmond) office
We are currently looking for a flexible and capable candidate who will work in the Product Team but also alongside our Sales Team. They will help our loyal guests and guide new guests through the choice of portfolio during key selling months, as well as act as the key Product contact for all company staff in the UK and Overseas, taking ownership of problems or questions concerning the daily running of the Product Portfolio.
The successful candidate will have a passion for Mediterranean travel and excellent destination knowledge. Expect extensive travel to our locations and the opportunity to become a true expert.
The Sales Role:
- Join the Sales Team during peak selling periods and be available to work one weekend per month during this time.
- Manage enquiries generated by new and existing clients and travel agents in multiple channels (telephone, email, live-chat)
- Match travel experiences to client’s individual needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of our guests and build relationships ensuring you look beyond clients’ travel arrangements to understand and anticipate their needs and make suitable suggestions.
- Proactively manage regular communication with guests and agents ensuring you follow up on all leads.
- Achieve monthly sales and service targets.
The Product Role:
- Monitor and take action to ensure committed purchase of flights and accommodation are in balance with the demand to ensure this is the most cost effective for the company.
- Monitor which properties are under performing or performing well and recommend pricing adjustments to the Product Manager; action price adjustments using the supplement method to allow accurate reporting
- Understand booking trends identified by the sales team and ensure the Product Manager is kept abreast of any developments
- Be continually aware of portfolio sales targets and current booking position
- Liaise with the Marketing department regarding the correct Marketing of the Properties
- Ensure Data is always correct and up to date by conducting regular checks, keeping the Product Manager briefed
- Analyse the customer service questionnaires weekly to understand customer feedback and discuss with the Sales and Product Manager
- Book Educational, Press Trips and Staff Concessions (subject to company guidelines)
- At least one years' sales experience within the Travel Industry
- A genuine passion for travel; well-travelled ideally with destination knowledge in some of the following areas, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey & Mallorca
- A strong team player, supportive of others and demonstrating flexibility
- A track record of developing exceptional relationships
- A deep understanding of the needs of luxury customers; an innate ability to deliver exceptional service
- Commercially astute and motivated to achieve personal targets and excellent service scores
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Word and particularly Excel
- Excellent clarity and communication with a positive can-do attitude
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm, and one weekend per month to help the sales team at peak selling times. Saturdays and Sundays 10am – 5pm. Time off in lieu is given for any weekend working.
Ability to travel overseas is essential as a number of educational visits take place each year to ensure that our staff have first-hand knowledge of our destinations.
In return we offer:
- Highly competitive salary
- Minimum one familiarisation trip per year between April and June
- 25 days annual leave increasing with years’ of service plus bank holidays
- Further company benefits include discounted personal travel and friends and family discount, cycle to work scheme, complimentary travel insurance
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and CV
Simpson Travel Employment Culture
Working at Simpson Travel is an opportunity to be part of a passionate, highly motivated team who are committed to delivering excellent customer service. We have an industry heritage of nearly 40 years and draw on our combined knowledge and experience to offer award-winning travel experiences that enable us to stand out from the crowd. Our culture is inclusive and friendly as we are family owned by a passionate and inspiring leader. Currently embarking on a period of growth and transformation to upgrade technical systems and broaden its customer base, your role will be pivotal in helping the company achieve its goals.
In the UK our team currently work a hybrid working arrangement which is either one or two days in the Richmond Office and the remaining from home depending on the role.
Our permanent staff enjoy the following benefits
- Company Pension Scheme with Royal London (after three months' service)
- 25 days’ Annual Leave (increases to 28 with length of service) plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata for fixed term contracts and part-time hours)
- Generous Holiday Concessions after six months' service
- Friend and Family Discounts on Simpson Travel holidays
- Educationals – trips for staff to get to know and understand our destinations
- Complimentary Annual Worldwide Travel Insurance Policy (excluding ski)
- ‘Cycle to Work’ Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Keep an eye on this page for a list of all our current vacancies.
Privacy notice for job applicants
Our privacy notice for job applicants explains the types of personal data Simpson Travel may collect about you when you apply for a job with us. It also explains how we collect it, who we share it with, how we store it, how long we retain it for and how we keep it safe.
We want you to be fully informed about your rights and hope the notice answers any questions you may have. The privacy notice can be found here.