In this section...
- Close to Agios Nikitas
- Wonderful sea and mountain views
- 20 min walk to village
- Cosy and comfortable
Dressed in beautiful pale golden stone, Villa Athina claims a lofty but unobtrusive position high on the hillside above Agios Nikitas on the west coast of Lefkada. Agios Nikitas is one of the island’s most sought-after villages, with its own pretty beach and enough tavernas to ring the changes for at least a week. It’s a popular spot in the height of summer, but those lucky enough to be staying nearby will find the village quietens considerably as evening falls, so you can enjoy a relaxed stroll around its cobbled streets and traditional buildings as you choose your dinner spot.
Athina’s hillside location gives you two gloriously contrasting perspectives: from the pool area you look out over Lefkada’s rugged, forest-clad mountains, whilst the front patio offers equally wonderful views of the sea in all its myriad shades of blue. There’s plenty of room here to enjoy evening drinks or a barbecue, complemented by the nightly spectacle of a stunning Ionian sunset. The interior is practical and comfortable, with two good-sized en-suite bedrooms located on the main terrace level, and a bright, airy living-dining area upstairs to take full advantage of the view. Some upgrades to the décor and furnishings are also planned in time for summer 2023.
Villa Athina is positioned next to identical Villa Valia, so if you’re travelling in a larger group or as two families then both villas can be rented together. Regardless of your party size, it’s a great base for discovering the full diversity of Lefkada, from centuries-old rural villages to the lively buzz of the island capital and the spectacular west coast beaches such as Mylos and Porto Katsiki, considered to be some of the finest in the Ionian.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Master double bedroom with en-suite shower room; leads to pool terrace
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90cm beds that can be converted to double on request) with en-suite shower room containing top loader washing machine; leads to pool terrace
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen with Smart TV, DVD player and Bluetooth speaker; door to balcony
- Kitchen includes full hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, coffee maker
- Complimentary wifi
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Twice weekly clean and linen change on arrival and mid-week
- Outdoor dining area with shade
- Chlorine swimming pool 7m x 3m (depth 1m – 2.30m)
- Parking area shared with Villa Valia
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K10000533301
- Taverna 1min walk
- Basic shops - Agios Nikitas 20min walk, 3min drive
- 'Join In' supermarket 10min walk, 3min drive
- Boat hire 30min drive
- Aktio PVK airport 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular kids' clubs.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions