In this section...
- Stylish, flexible accommodation
- Superb Luberon views
- Walk to village
- Pet dogs allowed
- 18m heated pool
Family reunion? Big birthday bash? A writers’ retreat? Whatever your reasons for a group gathering, this chic, spacious and wonderfully secluded villa will accommodate all your guests in memorable style. Ivy clad and tiled with traditional terracotta, the exterior looks just as you might expect from a house in the heart of the stunning Luberon, but once inside you’ll find a quirky mix of bold colour and creative design across seven bedrooms and en suite bathrooms. Flexible accommodation is the key here, with a choice of singles, doubles and a multi-bedded, dorm-style setup for older children and teens who don’t wish to be seen or heard! There’s space for you all to eat together of course, either in the cool, modern kitchen (a real haven for budding chefs) or alfresco overlooking the gardens, the Alpilles hills and the Luberon national park beyond. The views are glorious, but pride of place goes to the new (2020) 18-metre heated swimming pool, beautifully offset by contemporary gravel gardens, sculptural grasses and silvery olive trees.
The Provençal landscape has inspired many to write or paint, and you’ll find plenty of terraces and vantage points from which to contemplate its unique colours and light, from the palest duck-egg blue of morning to the golden shades of sunset. For those less artistically inclined, there’s a pool table, a boules court, table tennis and even a chemical-free eco-pool for additional swimming options (not suitable for non-swimmers). Despite the secluded feel, the nearest village of Vaugines is just a kilometre away, making this villa the perfect choice for those who want to get their daily bread or meal out without having to drive. You can walk directly into the Luberon valley from the villa, or borrow one of the house bikes to take you further afield to places such as Lourmarin, made famous in Peter Mayle’s much-loved ‘A Year in Provence’. Just 12 kilometres away, this charming village, listed among the most beautiful in France, plays host to a lively café society amongst the pretty cobbled streets and there are some extremely well thought of restaurants offering a more gourmet experience. A Renaissance Château, Romanesque Church, and 15th century castle add to the pretty picture and when the sight-seeing's done, an inviting array of shops showcase a tempting selection of Provençal produce to take back to the villa.
For daily shopping, Vaugines (1km) has a bakery, restaurant and charming old streets to wander. Some of the region’s loveliest villages are close by, including Lourmarin (12-minute drive) and Cadanet (15-minute drive). Clinging to an outcrop above a purple haze of lavender (June and July), Bonnieux is one of the most photogenic of the many hill towns in the area, and a fantastic stop for lunch. Fit cyclists could manage the round trip, and for the rest of us it’s a 30-minute scenic drive. The entire UNESCO-listed Luberon valley is yours to explore, perfect for hiking or biking, especially in the cooler spring and autumn months when the sun is a little lower and the colours even richer. For a touch more bustle there’s Avignon and its astonishing Papal Palace, or the grittier but fascinating port city of Marseilles, both around an hour away. And for a day at the beach, the Calanques de Marseilles can be reached in about 90 minutes.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
- 7-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-16)
- Open plan kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, coffee maker, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer
- Dining/living room
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom and separate WC, doors to small private terrace and access to garden
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with shower and WC, doors to small private terrace and access to garden
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC, access to the courtyard patio garden
- Twin bedroom (140cm bed and 90cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with shower and separate WC
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with shower and separate WC
Lower ground floor
- Single bedroom (90cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC, access to garden
- Dormitory bedroom (six 90cm beds) with en-suite shower room with WC, access to garden
- Complimentary WiFi
- Cot and highchair available on request
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Private heated swimming pool 18m, with electric hard cover
- Eco-pond (as it is unfenced, we require groups with non-swimmers to sign a waiver)
- Table tennis
- Pool table
- Gas BBQ
- Terraces with tables & chairs
- Parking for several cars
- Bikes available
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the villa
- Whilst we have professional photographs of the exteriors of Mas des Vaugines, we are awaiting the opportunity to photograph the interiors soon
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5-7pm
- Check-out time – 10am
- Weekly clean and linen change for stays of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Additional housekeeping
- All extra services payable locally
- Vaugines (restaurants, shops) 15min walk
- Lourmarin 12min drive
- Cadanet 15min drive
- Bonnieux 30 min drive
- Calanques de Marseilles (beaches) 1hr30min drive
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s no better way to while away leisurely holiday hours than by visiting the boutiques, chic cafés and flower markets of elegant Aix-en-Provence or wandering the cobbled streets of the beautiful hilltop village of Gordes. And in Provence the past is ever-present in Tarascon’s Medieval, Romanesque and Gothic influences and the Roman amphitheatre in Arles.
Introduce fragrant fields of lavender, rolling hills and the red salt lagoons of the nearby Camargue National Park and before you lies a holiday destination to rival any other, complemented by our selection of handpicked luxury villas to help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Provence.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
View holiday Booking Conditions