In this section...
- Beautiful views of the Luberon valley
- Close to exclusive Gordes
- Stylish and spacious interiors
- Private heated swimming pool
- Simpson family extras available
Reserve your 2024 holiday online with a fully refundable deposit of £500. Simply select your preferred dates or find out more here.
On the outskirts of one of France’s prettiest villages, in this traditional and spacious Provençal-style hilltop home, you’ll find all the pleasures of rural life on your doorstep in the exquisite Luberon Valley.
The warm ochre of its stone walls blends seamlessly with the landscaped garden, the verdant pastureland beyond and the distant Alpilles. Living spaces are bright and airy with contemporary furnishings and neutral décor.
A covered terrace is a lovely spot for al fresco dining, around which children will enjoy playing on the manicured lawns and in the heated swimming pool at the bottom of the garden. And there’s plenty more besides to keep the whole family entertained: bike hire and horse riding, nature trails and heritage walks, 9 and 18-hole golf courses all within a short drive. A leisure lake for swimming and sailing lies 21km away and a clutch of sandy, rocky and shingly beaches are reached within a 75-minute drive.
The local area
You’re also just 6km from Gordes, an exceptional village arranged in tiers around the Renaissance château at its summit and listed as one of the most beautiful in the country. Abandoned for many years, its resurgence is still reminiscent of a forgotten past, even at its most alive on market days. The home of one of the most photographed monuments in Provence, the 12th-century monastery, Abbaye de Sénanque, is a feast for the eyes, particularly when the lavender fields are in bloom during June and July.
The Luberon mountains in central Provence are an area of charming hilltop villages, especially along the verdant northern slopes overlooking colourful plains of olive groves, cherry orchards, and pastureland. Roussillon, built in the local ochre stone, commands views as far as Mont Ventoux. Ménerbes has a colourful history and was home to Picasso and de Stael. The dramatic site occupied by Oppède-le-Vieux lay abandoned for years; the village has come back to life but still retains a haunting sense of a vanished past.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
- 6 bedroom house (sleeps 12)
- Living room with fireplace (wood supplied), leads to covered terrace
- Dining room, leads to covered terrace
- Kitchen with full oven, hob, coffee maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Study/TV room
- Twin air-conditioned bedroom (90cm beds, can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite bathroom and WC, French doors to terrace
- 2 twin air-conditioned bedrooms (90cm beds, can be converted into a double on request)
- Shower room with WC
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with separate shower and WC, French doors to private terrace
- Twin air-conditioned bedroom (90cm beds, can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite bathroom with WC
- External access only
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds, can be converted into double on request) with en-suite shower room
- Separate WC
- The owner of this villa will consider requests to bring a pet dog (no other pets). Please advise us of the age and breed of your dog, and we will contact the owner on your behalf. The owner reserves the right to refuse the request.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Air-conditioning in all main house bedrooms
- Heating (cost varies according to season)
- Pool towels included
- Washing machine and dryer
- 2 cots (linen supplied) and 2 highchairs
- TV, DVD and CD players
- Gas barbecue
- Table tennis
- Landscaped gardens
- Dining terraces
- WC by pool
- Private swimming pool 13m x 6m (depth 1.2m – 2.5m), electric security cover, Roman steps, pool can be heated to 27°C weather permitting (€400/week), open mid-April to mid-October
- For further information on Terms and Conditions for this property please click here
Simpson family extras
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Weekly linen change for bookings of two weeks or more
- Mid-stay clean (4 hours) included for bookings of two weeks or more
- Additional cleaning €15/hour (minimum 2 hours)
- Cook (on request)
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.30am
TGV stationsAvignon 36km
- Restaurants (Coustellet) 6min drive
- Shops (Coustellet) 6min drive
- Gordes 13min drive
- Isle-sur-la-Sorgue 20min drive
- Avignon 45min drive
Excellent villa, even better in real life than in the photos. Concierge from Simpson travel was excellent as were Nicholas & Melanie in France.
Clare Coombes, August 2022
Simpson Travel offer an excellent level of villa holiday which I have found hard to find anywhere else. We have been with them to Greece, Turkey and, more recently, France. Their French villa selection is excellent and the villas themselves are outstanding. This is the third time we have been with them to France and certainly intend going again. I can highly recommend them whether for exploring the history the areas provide or simply to relax. We are already looking forward to our next trip.
Laurence Armfield, June 2022
The villa was delightful, with beautiful grounds and very well-equipped. The description and the pictures on the website were accurate – with fantastic views and lovely grounds.
Kate P – July 2019
Our choice of France properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s no better way to while away leisurely holiday hours than by visiting the boutiques, chic cafés and flower markets of elegant Aix-en-Provence or wandering the cobbled streets of the beautiful hilltop village of Gordes. And in Provence the past is ever-present in Tarascon’s Medieval, Romanesque and Gothic influences and the Roman amphitheatre in Arles.
Introduce fragrant fields of lavender, rolling hills and the red salt lagoons of the nearby Camargue National Park and before you lies a holiday destination to rival any other, complemented by our selection of handpicked luxury villas to help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Provence.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions