In this section...
- Charming characterful house
- Lovely country views
- Eclectic interiors
- Close to sandy beaches
- Air conditioning
Reserve your 2024 holiday online with a fully refundable deposit of £500. Simply select your preferred dates or find out more here.
The name – which means ‘Yucca Point’ in Spanish – is the first clue that this is not a traditional Provençal homestead. In essence, it’s an eclectic, one-level riad-meets-farmhouse. The living space is a harmonious mix of antiques and designer flourishes, local pottery and Moroccan textiles. The kitchen has everything you need for preparing those memorable al fresco dinners and lazy lunches. Just choose one of the terraces to sit on (one open, one covered) curving gently around the spacious pool deck and terrace pool.
The lovingly tended garden overspills with Mediterranean agave, palm trees and flowering shrubs, down to a lower level with a shady orchard and a cactus garden. And if you’ve always wanted to try your hand at the game that is the very essence of Provence living, here’s your chance – this villa has its own private boules court.
The local area
Puntayucca is tucked between vineyards and rolling hills with lovely views towards the coast. The historic fishing port of Cassis is within easy reach and the sands of Les Lecques and La Madrague are a very accessible 6km and 7km away respectively, offering sailing, deep-sea diving and fishing. Also close to home is the Calanques National Park, a showcase of dramatic scenery. Explore it by boat or choose one of the meandering walking trails. And for those whose holiday is incomplete without some healthy competition, there are tennis courts, bike hire, riding stables and an 18-hole golf course in St-Cyr, 5km away. This is also home to one of several local markets, all within similar distances from your villa.
The Mediterranean coastline of the Var region enjoys 430km of sandy beaches, hidden coves sheltered by pine groves, and some of the most enjoyable resorts in the heart of the Côte d’Azur. The Calanques offer some of the most dramatic scenery in France, narrow inlets set into sometimes vertiginous limestone formations, especially just to the west of Cassis, a popular tourist town, and dating back to Roman times. La Ciotat is an ancient port village with a large and crowded beachfront. On the other side of the bay is St-Cyr-sur-Mer, which includes the lovely sand beaches at Les Lecques and the charming small port of Madrague. Some of the best vintages from the south of France comes from Bandol, a pleasant seaside resort with its three expansive beaches sheltered by high wooded hills. Inland, Le Castellet is a remarkable old fortress perched high on a hill, and a former stronghold of the lords of Les Baux, and La Cadière-d’Azur is a picturesque medieval village, with nice views over a sea of vineyards towards the Massif Ste-Baume.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 6)
- Living/dining room
- Well-equipped kitchen with hob, oven, microwave, fridge, freezer
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (160cm bed) leading to private terrace
- Twin air-conditioned bedroom (2 x 90cm beds, can be converted into a double on request)
- Bathroom with separate shower
- Shower room
- 2 WCs
- External access only
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (160cm bed) with open-plan shower
- Complimentary WiFi
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Washing machine and dryer
- Pool towels provided
- 2 Satellite TVs, CD player
- Table tennis
- Boules court
- Private swimming pool 9.5m x 3.5m (depth 1.4m – 1.8m), corner steps, security alarm, mid-May to end-September
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
Weekly linen change for bookings of two weeks or more
- 1-week stay – 2 hours cleaning included on Tuesdays
- 2-week stays – 2 hours cleaning on Tuesdays, Fridays and Wednesdays (second week)
- Additional cleaning €20/hour (2-hour minimum)
- Meal delivery service
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- TGV stations
Les Arcs 93km
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Restaurants/shops (La Cadière-d’Azur) 10min drive
- Beach (Les Lecques) 20min drive
- Cassis 30min drive
Lovely, stylish property in a lovely peaceful location. And Brigitte and Gerald were super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the views and the surrounding countryside.
Mr Rookes – July 2019
This was our sixth holiday with Simpson Travel. The quality of the accommodation is always excellent but this was the best yet. We loved the villa and location and would recommend this to anyone wanting an adult holiday where you can explore the local area but also relax in beautiful villa. We think we'll be back at some point in the future.
Mrs Turner-Edwards – July 2017
We have had a wonderful two weeks at Puntayucca and may well be back in the next year or two. Your recommendations were also perfect – we loved Porquerolles and the hotel, Chez Henri, Roche Belle and Chez Bene. We also had a great day on the boat exploring Les Calanques...as well as a day in the Luberon (Lourmarin, Gordes, etc.).
Mike Bussey – July/Aug 2016
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s no better way to while away leisurely holiday hours than by visiting the boutiques, chic cafés and flower markets of elegant Aix-en-Provence or wandering the cobbled streets of the beautiful hilltop village of Gordes. And in Provence the past is ever-present in Tarascon’s Medieval, Romanesque and Gothic influences and the Roman amphitheatre in Arles.
Introduce fragrant fields of lavender, rolling hills and the red salt lagoons of the nearby Camargue National Park and before you lies a holiday destination to rival any other, complemented by our selection of handpicked luxury villas to help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Provence.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Provence
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions