In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Delightfully secluded villa
- Ideal for entertaining
- Santa Giulia Beach 8-minute drive
- Porto Vecchio 10-minute drive
This supremely secluded villa is grand in both scale and design, with a spectacular 14m pool, original artwork, hand crafted furniture and a rather magnificent kitchen, built to the highest spec of its restaurateur owners.
The property clings to the hillside, logically laid out with the living and dining areas on the top floor where the views are finest, and numerous steps connecting the various levels. Yet despite these impressive features, the house was built to blend in, nestling unobtrusively into the surrounding maquis, with nothing to jar the eye or detract from the far-reaching views.
Villa du Maquis is ideal for entertaining, complete with two outdoor dining areas and a summer kitchen to complement the state-of-the-art cooking facilities inside. And if cooking is not a word you care to associate with holidays, we can arrange a private chef service or restaurant bookings in nearby Porto Vecchio (10 minutes by car) to suit.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Access to the front door from parking area via 8 boulder steps
- Entrance landing and guest WC
- Accessed via 6 steps from the front door
- Large open-plan living/dining/kitchen; leads to large terrace at the front of the villa
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, double fridge-freezer, dishwasher; leads to covered terrace
- Living room with TV, DVD, music system
- Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with WC; leads to large terrace
- Accessed via 27 steps
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with WC; access to terrace
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Accessed via 8 steps
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC; access to terrace
- Twin bedroom with access to terrace
- Double bedroom with access to terrace
- Shower room (no WC)
- Separate WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Mid-week clean included
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Built-in barbecue and covered exterior dining area
- Separate WC at pool level
- Private swimming pool 14m x 4m (depth 1.4m throughout), accessed via 15 steps from lounge/kitchen area, electric security cover, access to pool via steps
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
- The villa is cleaned twice a week: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Bath/beach towels and bed linen change on Thursdays
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required (€25/hour, 2 hour minimum)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Santa Giulia Beach 8min drive
- Restaurant 10min drive
- Porto Vecchio 10min drive
- Figari airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008, and 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, and 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic, or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
Before you leave the UK, our dedicated Pre-departure Team will help you plan the details of your holiday, from the logistics of your journey to your own personal requirements. Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we are able to accommodate any feasible request.
As a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Celebrations and anniversaries
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you arrive at your villa, our local Concierge will be available throughout your holiday for any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions