In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Delightfully secluded villa
- Ideal for entertaining
- Santa Giulia Beach 8-minute drive
- Porto Vecchio 10-minute drive
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
This supremely secluded villa is grand in both scale and design, with a spectacular 14m pool, original artwork, hand crafted furniture and a rather magnificent kitchen, built to the highest spec of its restaurateur owners.
The property clings to the hillside, logically laid out with the living and dining areas on the top floor where the views are finest, and numerous steps connecting the various levels. Yet despite these impressive features, the house was built to blend in, nestling unobtrusively into the surrounding maquis, with nothing to jar the eye or detract from the far-reaching views.
Villa du Maquis is ideal for entertaining, complete with two outdoor dining areas and a summer kitchen to complement the state-of-the-art cooking facilities inside. And if cooking is not a word you care to associate with holidays, we can arrange a private chef service or restaurant bookings in nearby Porto Vecchio (10 minutes by car) to suit.
A short stroll along the lane Villa Petra Bianca and Villa Santa Giulia share the same spectacular views; when booked together or in combination, these villas afford a wonderful opportunity for larger groups to enjoy this special spot.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Access to the front door from parking area via 8 boulder steps
- Entrance landing and guest WC
- Accessed via 6 steps from the front door
- Large open-plan living/dining/kitchen; leads to large terrace at the front of the villa
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, double fridge-freezer, dishwasher; leads to covered terrace
- Living room with TV, DVD, music system
- Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with WC; leads to large terrace
- Accessed via 27 steps
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with WC; access to terrace
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Accessed via 8 steps
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC; access to terrace
- Twin bedroom with access to terrace
- Double bedroom with access to terrace
- Shower room (no WC)
- Separate WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Mid-week clean included
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Built-in barbecue and covered exterior dining area
- Separate WC at pool level
- Private swimming pool 14m x 4m (depth 1.4m throughout), accessed via 15 steps from lounge/kitchen area, electric security cover, access to pool via steps
- The villa is cleaned twice a week: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Bath/beach towels and bed linen change on Thursdays
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required (€25/hour, 2 hour minimum)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Santa Giulia Beach 8min drive
- Restaurant 10min drive
- Porto Vecchio 10min drive
- Figari airport 40min drive
- Bastia airport 2hr 15min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire in Corsica; please click here to view options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
Before you leave the UK, our dedicated Pre-departure Team will help you plan the details of your holiday, from the logistics of your journey to your own personal requirements. Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we are able to accommodate any feasible request.
As a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Celebrations and anniversaries
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you arrive at your villa, our local Concierge will be available throughout your holiday for any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions