In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Romantic retreat
- Private heated saltwater swimming pool
- Large summer kitchen
This romantic, stone-built villa for two is located on the prestigious Clos Canarelli wine estate, mid-way between Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio in the south of the island. The house is both spacious and secluded, surrounded by trees and with no immediate neighbours.
Clos Canarelli is one of Corsica’s most prestigious vineyards, and the attention to detail, which gives its wines the edge, is evident throughout in the quality and style of Villa Barbarossa. The interiors are finished in contemporary country-cottage style, with beamed ceilings and tiled floors adding to the cosy, hideaway feel. The huge outdoor kitchen adds an extra dimension to eating al fresco, even if you only use it is to brew coffee, chill wine or slice a lemon for your G&T.
Barbarossa’s other big attraction is the location, centrally positioned between the east and west coasts. From here, you can take your pick of the stunning southern beaches, including Santa Giulia near Porto Vecchio, and the ‘sunset beaches’ around Pianottoli-Caldarello on the west coast.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area leading out to pool/terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, Illy coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Small laundry room with washing machine
- Double bedroom (bed 1.80m) with en-suite shower room (no WC), leads out to terrace
- WC with wash basin
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Satellite TV (2 English-speaking news channels), DVD player
- Bluetooth One Touch speaker system (connects to any device with Bluetooth connectivity)
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Summer kitchen with fixed coal barbecue
- Outside shower
- Private saltwater swimming pool 9m x 3m (depth 1.5m throughout), security alarm, access via steps
- Villa Barbarossa is a convenient 10-minute drive from Figari airport, which means planes are visible and sometimes audible depending on the wind direction. However, it’s not a busy airport and daily flights are relatively infrequent.
- 1 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean but no bed linen or towel change (this can be arranged at an extra charge)
- 2 week holidays – includes a light clean mid-week and bed linen/towel change at the end of week (additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour, 2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Figari 10min drive
- Beaches 15min drive
- Porto Vecchio 20min drive
- Figari airport 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Peugeot 5008 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf, and 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – SUV Renault Kadjar or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
We have had many a great holidays over the years with Simpson Travel and this stay at Villa Barbarossa was no exception! Quiet and beautiful, with some fantastic local adventures, we would love to stay again next year.
Mr Carter – May 2018
We have had a very relaxing tranquil week at the villa. Peaceful and calm, just listening to the birds and bumble bees. The villa was superb, comfortable bed, a well equipped kitchen, we particularly loved the outdoor space. Our rep, Anna, was superb, she helped us out with a couple of issues very quickly. Thank you again, Anna.
Anna & Michael – October 2017
We have had an amazing couple of weeks here at Villa Barbarossa. The setting is perfect, plus we have had a few nice surprises in terms of the animals which visit from time to time. The most prominent cat (ginger and white) has two kittens, who made their first appearance into the big wide world during our first week. They all know not to come indoors and generally leave you alone, but it has been nice to see them around the villa. The surrounding area is fantastic – Bonifacio in particular. All in all we had a fun, relaxing holiday – it would be difficult not to.
Rich & Ruth – September 2017
We have had a delightful holiday in Corsica. The villa was so comfortable it was hard to drag ourselves away to see the sights! We could happily stay another week but hopefully we will return. Thank you for a very relaxing holiday.
The Patterson Family – September 2017
We couldn't have asked for a more perfect honeymoon destination. The villa is a sanctuary – tucked away in a magical garden which transforms at night. Our second visit to Corsica but we love it even more than the first time. Bonifacio is a beautiful town with a charming atmosphere – well worth visiting during the day and later at night. The views from the fort are breathtaking. We have met some lovely people and have thoroughly enjoyed the villa and the extremely well equipped kitchen. So much to explore in Corsica – we will be back.
Chloe & Nav – September 2017
As soon as we passed the path leading to Villa Barbarossa we became enchanted with this beautiful villa tucked away with interwoven trees enveloping boulders. Our home for the week was blessed with golden sun and quiet privacy that we both consumed with grateful pleasure. Venturing away from our haven of paradise we explored the surrounding hills or towns. A week of rest, relaxation and the joys of experiencing a new world of Corsica.
Caroline & John – August 2017
Our expectations were exceeded on this, our first visit to Corsica and first time with Simpson Travel. Villa Barbarossa looks great in the photos, but the reality is even better. It is very secluded and private but not remote. The bed is extremely comfortable, shower very powerful, and kitchen well equipped. It's lovely to open the patio doors and look straight out onto the pool from both bedroom and living space, and whilst the far-reaching views so common on this island are not a feature of this villa, the garden around the pool is beautiful and offers plenty of natural shade. Anna, our rep, was really helpful, providing lots of useful information about the area. She organised a very enjoyable wine tasting for us as Clos Canarelli, as well as dealing with a maintenance issue promptly and efficiently. Villa Barbarossa is very convenient for Figari airport but plane noise is not an issue, and it's a great base from which to explore the area which offers a hugely diverse range of things to do. We would highly recommend the company, the villa, and this beautiful island.
Mrs Colleran – July 2017
An ideal villa for a couple with space and a fabulous pool. In a great setting in a vineyard and only 10 minutes from the airport. It was very hot, 35 degrees each day so needed the pool and the sea was only a few miles away.
Mr Anderson – July 2017
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions