In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Romantic retreat
- Private heated swimming pool
- Large summer kitchen
This romantic, stone-built villa for two is located on the prestigious Clos Canarelli wine estate, mid-way between Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio in the south of the island. The house is both spacious and secluded, surrounded by trees and with no immediate neighbours.
Clos Canarelli is one of Corsica’s most prestigious vineyards, and the attention to detail, which gives its wines the edge, is evident throughout in the quality and style of Villa Barbarossa. The interiors are finished in contemporary country-cottage style, with beamed ceilings and tiled floors adding to the cosy, hideaway feel. The huge outdoor kitchen adds an extra dimension to eating al fresco, even if you only use it is to brew coffee, chill wine or slice a lemon for your G&T.
Barbarossa’s other big attraction is the location, centrally positioned between the east and west coasts. From here, you can take your pick of the stunning southern beaches, including Santa Giulia near Porto Vecchio, and the ‘sunset beaches’ around Pianottoli-Caldarello on the west coast.
Villa Barbarossa is a convenient 10-minute drive from Figari airport, which means planes are visible and sometimes audible depending on the wind direction. However, it’s not a busy airport and daily flights are relatively infrequent.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area leading out to pool/terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, Illy coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Small laundry room with washing machine
- Double bedroom (bed 1.80m) with en-suite shower room (no WC), leads out to terrace
- WC with wash basin
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Satellite TV (2 English-speaking news channels), DVD player
- Bluetooth One Touch speaker system (connects to any device with Bluetooth connectivity)
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Summer kitchen with fixed coal barbecue
- Outside shower
- Private swimming pool 9m x 3m (depth 1.5m throughout), security alarm, access via steps
- 1 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean but no bed linen or towel change (this can be arranged at an extra charge)
- 2 week holidays – includes a light clean mid-week and bed linen/towel change at the end of week (additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour, 2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Figari 10min drive
- Beaches 15min drive
- Porto Vecchio 20min drive
- Figari airport 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D/H, Peugeot 508 or VW Tiguan 4x2, or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Peugeot 5008 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf, and 1 Group D/H, Peugeot 508, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group D/H, Peugeot 508 or VW Tiguan 4x2, or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group D – 1.4-2 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group J – Peugeot 2008 GPS Garanti or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 2 large suitcases
Group L – Renault Captur or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – Renault Kedjar 4x4 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VM Gold Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – Ford Combi or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Mrs Colleran – July 2017
An ideal villa for a couple with space & a fabulous pool. In a great setting in a vineyard & only 20 mins. from the airport. It was very hot, 35 degrees each day so needed the pool, & the sea was only a few miles away.
Mr Anderson – July 2017
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions