In this section...
- Contemporary stylish villa
- Private heated saltwater swimming pool
- Vineyard setting
- Simpson family extras available
- Figari village 10-minute drive
- Beaches 15-minute drive
Named after the grape that produces one of the owner’s award winning wines, Vermentinu is a wonderful new villa, with a distant sea view of the Gulf of Figari and plenty of woodland to stroll around in as well as the owner’s vineyards.
The villa has modern stylish interiors with many tasteful finishing touches. A lawned area to the back of the villa can be accessed from the twin bedroom and the double bedroom leads out to the pool area.
The villa exteriors are exceptionally spacious with a large pool terrace as well as a summer kitchen to escape the heat of the midday sun.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (90cm beds) with en-suite shower room
- Separate WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Satellite TV (2 English-speaking news channels), DVD player
- Bluetooth One Touch speaker system (connects to any device with Bluetooth connectivity)
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Summer kitchen with fixed coal barbecue
- Spacious terrace
- Private heated saltwater swimming pool 12m x 2.95m (depth 1m – 1.95m), security alarm, access via steps (pool not heated during July and August)
- Vermentinu is a convenient 10-minute drive from Figari airport, which means planes are visible and sometimes audible depending on the wind direction. However, it’s not a busy airport and daily flights are relatively infrequent.
- 1 week holidays –include a light mid-stay clean but no bed linen or towel change – these can be arranged at an extra charge.
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean mid-week and bed linen/towel change at the end of week 1 Additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour (2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
Simpson Family Extras
- Complimentary infant pack
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Figari 10min drive
- Beaches 15min drive
- Porto Vecchio 20min drive
- Figari airport 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
First time with Simpson Travel and travelled to Corsica in May with all the colours and smells of the spring flowers – a wonderful experience. The house was great, well-equipped and the pool superb. Anna, our rep, was excellent, very helpful and attentive. The local area and further afield was great to explore, lovely sandy beaches and turquoise sea. We will be back!
Owen and Sarah Clark – May 2019
Our second visit to Corsica using Simpson Travel has proved as enjoyable at the first. Vermentinu is in a lovely, quiet, peaceful spot. The few planes which fly in and out of Figari are not obtrusive. A walk round the vineyard us well worthwhile as you get further extensive views of the mountains. The mobile pizza van – Casa di pizza serves up excellent pizzas and Sucre Sale in Sotta makes excellent pies and biscuits etc. Food Cantina very good for veg, cheese and charcuterie – the area is a food lover’s heaven. Anna is very helpful, nothing too much trouble. Whoever visits Vermentinu next, enjoy your stay.
The Hemstock Family – September 2018
Our second visit to Corsica with Simpson Travel has proved to be as enjoyable as the first. Vermentinu is in a lovely, quiet, peaceful spot. Few planes which fly in and out of Figari are not obtrusive. A walk around the vineyards is well worth while as you get further extensive views of the mountains. The mobile pizza van – Casa Di Pizza – serves up excellent pizzas and Sucre Sale in Sotta makes excellent pies and biscuits. Food cantina very good for veg, cheese and charcuterie – the area is a food lover’s heaven. Anna is very helpful, nothing is too much trouble.
Bryan & Celia – September 2018
This was the fourth time we have travelled with Simpson Travel in five years – this year to U Casale and Vermentinu. It’s the little extras and care they take that sets them apart from other operators and why we keep coming back and will continue to do so. Their representatives are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable - and will go that extra mile to make your stay special... and every stay has been!
Andrew Wragg – September 2018
Have had a wonderfully relaxing week here, the weather much better than predicted. Hard to drag ourselves away from the villa but worth it to spend a great day driving and walking in the mountains around Zonza. Also had a couple of beach days and visits to Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio to break up the week, which was well worth leaving the villa for!
The Goldberg Family – September 2017
We had a fab time, Simpson Travel is fabulous and many thanks to Anna! Things we loved doing included purple night-time pool swims, watching the shooting stars, finding tortoises in the bushes and hearing them squeak and the smell of coconut everywhere. Best trip for me was up to Col de Bavella in the mountains, truly awesome, best trip for my daughter was Santa Guilia Beach, it was paradise. Have fun next people!
Tim, Karen & Maria – August 2017
A great location for exploring south Corsica. Anna was a great help and even did our washing for us, when the washing machine was not working. Bonifacio is a must, we liked it so much that we went four times to explore the coast, the old town and to walk along the cliff to the lighthouse. We are all looking forward to coming back to Corsica as there is so much to see and do here. One of our best holidays ever!
The Struge Family – July 2017
We had a really lovely time in Corsica at Vermentinu. It is in a quiet hillside location and is very stylishly furnished, with comfortable beds and great showers. The heated pool was lovely and well used by all of us, especially Harry (aged 6) and Olivia (aged 3)! We loved the nearby beaches which would rival any Caribbean ones, especially Santa Giulia which was just beautiful. Would definitely recommend Corsica and Simpson Travel, and we hope to return soon!
Mrs Burgess – June 2017
Thanks for a great stay – the villa was perfect for us. We enjoyed several long walks in the mountains and along the coast and the scenery was fantastic. We loved Bonifacio and lots of barbecues by the pool.
Carol & Gary – May 2017
We have enjoyed a relaxing week here at Vermentinu – our first holiday here in Corsica. The villa and pool all lovely and a good location/view. We found Corsica to be a beautiful place and may visit in the future, perhaps to explore the north.
Mr & Mrs Cooper – July 2016
Peace and quiet personified.
Mr Inch – July 2016
This is a very special place to relax and enjoy the many delights of Southern Corsica. It is very difficult to leave such a comfortable, well-equipped, tranquil and private villa and surroundings.
Mrs Gill – May 2016
A beautiful villa in a very convenient location. Lovely terrace and pool, wonderfully comfortable bed, peace and tranquillity, with all modern conveniences.
Mrs Faulkner – September 2015
A quality company with excellent customer service. Highly recommended.
Mr Catterson – June 2015
We have had a wonderful fortnight at Vermentinu. Anna, the rep, has been fabulous and could not have been more helpful.
Mr Walker – May 2015
Once again a fantastic villa choice with Simpson Travel – very well equipped and beautifully decorated – we especially liked the outside kitchen area. Southern Corsica is a fantastic place to visit – so much to see – beautiful scenery, great food, lovely beaches.
Mr Douglas – August 2014
Lovely accommodation to relax in, so perfectly happy not to have to have to venture too far away. Good location to access beaches, supermarket, etc. Perfect setting for families or couples.
Mrs Watson – August 2014
Simpson Travel takes the hassle out of booking a villa leaving you to relax and enjoy your holiday.
Mrs Williams – June 2014
A wonderful, relaxing two-week stay. Baby wild boar visited the garden every morning, also one sighting of a wild tortoise at the back of the house. Thank you for your help Jo – you were wonderful.
The Peach Family – August 2013
I would thoroughly recommend Simpson Travel because of their local knowledge, personal relaxed and friendly approach, selection of quality accommodation and understanding of their customers' needs.
Mr Meyrick – May 2013
Outstanding value, knowledge, service and responsive to our group of ten. We would be pleased to travel with Simpson Travel again.
Mr Radhakrishnan – May 2013
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions