In this section...
- Private hideaway
- Restored bergerie
- Abundant charm and character
- Stunning position
- Figari village 5-minute drive
- Beaches 10-minute drive
This ridiculously romantic stone cottage nestles in perfect seclusion on a forested hillside overlooking the Lac de Talza, just south of Figari. Totally private, the former bergerie was recently converted into a fairy-tale retreat for two, ideal for a honeymoon, anniversary or just a gloriously peaceful escape for anyone seeking a little time out from the pressures of modern living.
Simple and stylish, the interior reflects the history of the building without skimping on contemporary necessities, including an elegant en-suite to the cosy double bedroom. The house has everything you need for a blissfully private week or two, but what really elevates it into the category of honeymoon-special is the pool, carved out of the hillside to resemble a natural rock pool. You could spend the entire day here with just the chirping crickets for company, the bright blue lake at your feet and the forest-clad hills of Le Grand Sud stretching away as far as the eye can see. And if you feel like a little more activity, there are numerous walking and mountain biking routes around the lake, including one which leads to an oriu, the unique and mysterious rock dwellings which are a special feature of the south of the island, some of which date back to the Iron Age.
The village of Figari (8 minutes by car) has a selection of shops and local restaurants, while the bay of the same name has several lovely beaches which offer a quieter and more natural-feeling alternative to the better known beaches around Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio which are just a 20 minute drive away.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English-speaking news channels), DVD, Bluetooth speaker
- Kitchen includes full oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, washing machine
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Gas barbecue
- Covered exterior dining area
- Private freeform swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 0.45m – 1.5m)
- Access to the villa is by way of a steep paved driveway, walk from car park area to front door via slope or steps
- 1 week holidays do not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour (2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking e-mail*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Figari 5min drive
- Beaches 10min drive
- Porto Vecchio 20min drive
- Figari airport 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group H – Citroen C4 Picasso or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group K – Peugeot 5008 or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – SUV Renault Kadjar or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Another great Simpson retreat! We have now been on about ten different Simpson Travel holidays and even though we could only stay for one week it still ranks as one of the best! Everything we wanted – peace, quiet, stunning views, great pool...and the weather to match.
Mick & Janice – September 2017
Our first time on this beautiful island. Location is perfect, this Simpson Secret is remote and private, perfect for a retreat from everyday life. Bonifacio was definitely favourite place to visit. The walk to the dam, down the road from the villa is lovely. We have loved every minute of our stay here and will return to explore the North next time.
Vernon & Michelle – September 2017
Beautiful, secret hideaway. Ideal for couples who want to get away from everything. Perfect!
Mrs Tuite – September 2017
Honeymoon! Wow what a place to come and stay, the perfect place to get over all the stress of organising a wedding. Spending quality time by the pool. We did not have to venture out far as the pool is so amazing. We can't wait to come back
Mr & Mrs Cox – July 2017
Explore, embrace, indulge yourself in the beauty of Corsica.
Mrs Caraccio – September 2016
An excellent service throughout...which in turn gave me a very relaxing holiday.
Mr Kemp – June 2016
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions