In this section...
- 5-star hotel
- Gastronomic restaurant
- Stylish decor
- Shuttle service to Bonifacio
- Preferential golf rates
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
This stunning 5-star hotel is located very close to Bonifacio Citadelle, but with its sleek architecture and contemporary interiors it feels far removed from the crumbling cliffs and medieval streets of Corsica’s most photographed old town.
There are 22 super-stylish guest suites, each with its own timber-decked terrace and a floor-to-ceiling view. This is definitely a place for pampering, so why not treat yourself to a soothing massage, or book a private tour on the hotel’s own boat to discover the Lavezzi archipelago or the spectacular Bonifacio cliffs from an entirely different perspective. For a romantic celebration you can book a sunset cruise for two, and finish up with dinner in the hotel’s own modern-Mediterranean restaurant; alternatively, find your favourite spot on the restaurant terrace and enjoy something cold and fizzy overlooking one of the best views of Bonifacio Citadelle money can buy.
Guests at Hotel Version Maquis Citadelle enjoy special member rates at the prestigious Sperone golf course, and if you fancy a trip into Bonifacio without the stress of parking, there’s a handy shuttle service on request. For any other holiday whims, just ask!
- 2 Junior Suites Maquis
- 5 Junior Suites Citadelle
- 2 Suites Maquis
- 11 Suites Citadelle
- 2 Master Suites
- Not suitable for wheelchair users due to different levels accessed only by steps
- Suites Maquis/Citadelle (32m2) with shower room, separate WC, terrace or balcony and sea or citadelle views
- Junior Suites/Citadelle (27m2) with open-plan en-suite shower room, separate WC (two suites can be interconnected on request), terrace or balcony and sea or citadelle views
- Master Suite (60m2) with open-plan en-suite shower room, separate WC, large terrace with Jacuzzi and views of Sardinia and the sea
- All suites with king-size beds (limited twin beds, available on request)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- Bluetooth speakers
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Breakfast included
- Beauty treatments and massages available on request
- Fitness Centre (7am – 11pm)
- 2 heated swimming pools
- Shuttle service to Bonifacio
- Boat excursions available
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check-in time – 3.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Bonifacio 3min drive
- Porto Vecchio 25min drive
- Piantarella 10min drive
- Figari airport 30min drive
- Bastia airport 2hr 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - VW Tiguan or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – Peugeot 508 or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group H – Renault Scenic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group J – VW Golf GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group O – 9-seater minibus Ford Galaxy or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Please note we can request automatic cars in all car groups except Group N. Please specify at time of booking if you require an automatic car
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Excellent website and knowledgeable specialist travel advice. Friendly and accessible staff who checked that everything was satisfactory during our stay at Hotel Version Maquis Citadelle. I would certainly book with Simpson Travel again.
Deborah Richards – September 2018
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions