In this section...
- Delightfully restored bergerie
- Beautiful rural location
- Very private
- Simpson family extras available
- Figari village 10-minute drive
- Beach 5-minute drive
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
Villa Cavallone is wonderfully private, with intoxicating views over maquis-clad countryside to the sea. Originally a traditional stone bergerie, this tasteful conversion displays appropriate respect for its history, with liberal use of natural materials and colours throughout. With a delightful pool, sundeck and barbecue, you may not wish to stray too far from this very comfortable villa, but there are many excellent beaches to enjoy within a ten-minute drive.
Lively Porto Vecchio is perfect for shopping and people-watching, while nearby Bonifacio is particularly atmospheric, especially at night when the daytime crowds have departed.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with full oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- TV (2 English-speaking news channels), DVD player, CD player with USB connection, iPod docking station
- Double bedroom (160cm bed)
- Twin/double bedroom
- Shower room with WC
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Gas barbecue
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.2m - 1.9m), security alarm, access via steps.
Cavallone is a convenient 15-minute drive from Figari airport, which means planes are visible and sometimes audible depending on the wind direction. However, it’s not a busy airport and daily flights are relatively infrequent.
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour (2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary infant pack – only core items provided in 2020 due to Covid-19 (includes cot/travel cot, bed guard, highchair, baby-gate, bottle steriliser, baby bath, non-slip bath mat, potty)
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Figari village 10min drive
- Beaches 5min drive
- Bonifacio 20min drive
- Porto Vecchio 25min drive
- Sartène 35min drive
- Figari airport 15min drive
- Bastia airport 2hr 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Renault Scenic or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - VW Tiguan or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – Peugeot 508 or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – VW Golf GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group O – 9-seater minibus Ford Galaxy or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Please note we can request automatic cars in all car groups except Group N. Please specify at time of booking if you require an automatic car
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions