In this section...
- Stunning stone-built villa
- Spectacular sea views
- Private gated heated swimming pool
- Guest cottage
- Beach/restaurants/shops 10min drive
When we began working with beautiful A Sulana 22 years ago, villas with a private pool were almost unheard of on Corsica, and we had to operate a wait-list system up to a year or more in advance! Nowadays pools are more commonplace, but the appeal of our flagship property remains as strong as ever, and many guests return year after year.
With generous curves and fluid lines inspired by the almost-circular bay of Rondinara which it overlooks, A Sulana has magnificent views from virtually every room. The interiors are cool, inviting and absolutely immaculate, just like the superb gardens and terraces which surround the house. The private pool is gated for safety and heated for comfort in early and late season, which is a particular benefit for those with younger children. An added bonus is a small open-plan guest cottage suitable for grandparents, older children or a nanny.
Rondinara Beach, just 10 minutes’ drive away, is equally child-friendly, with calm waters and gently shelving sand ideal for that inaugural paddle. The glorious terrace is tailor-made for long lunches and lazy summer evenings, but for the times when even a barbecue seems like too much work, there are several restaurants within a 5-15 minute drive, depending on the season.
The vibrant harbour towns of Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio, plus many of the superlative beaches for which Corsica is so famous, are all within a 15-30 minute drive.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 4-8)
- Living room with Satellite TV, smart TV with Bluetooth connect, safe
- Open-plan kitchen/dining area
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Twin/double bedroom, twin bedroom
- Bathroom with separate shower, WC
- Small open-plan guest cottage with twin/double bed, en-suite shower room, sitting area, fridge
- Complimentary wifi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Terraced garden
- Gas barbecue
- Jacuzzi swimming pool 3m diameter (depth 0.80m)
- Private heated swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1m – 1.7m), gated, access via Roman steps
- Pool is heated in May, June and September (pool can be heated outside of these months at a charge of £150/week)
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Beach 10min drive
- Restaurants 5-10min drive
- Minimarket at Rondinara campsite 10min drive (open from 8am)
- Rondinara beach restaurant 10min drive (May, early June, late September open from 9am to 7pm, mid-June to mid-September open from 9am to 10pm)
- Porto Vecchio 20min drive
- Bonifacio 20min drive
- Figari airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D/H, Peugeot 508 or VW Tiguan 4x2, or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Peugeot 5008 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf, and 1 Group D/H, Peugeot 508, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group D/H, Peugeot 508 or VW Tiguan 4x2, or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group D – 1.4-2 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group J – Peugeot 2008 GPS Garanti or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 2 large suitcases
Group L – Renault Captur or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – Renault Kedjar 4x4 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VM Gold Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – Ford Combi or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Simpson Travel are a civilised way to travel. Villa A Sulana was a special place, so peaceful and serene, the owners delightful people. Their story of how they ended up in this spot is also a delight. The small details really make a difference - from the immaculate accommodation, advice from Samantha, civilised flights and car hire - we could not fault any of it. Our first time in Corsica, a rugged and beautiful country, we hope to return.
Mrs Buick – July 2016
No wonder Simpsons have worked with Suzy and Jacques for 22 years, it would be very difficult to find a more comfortable, homely villa than A Sulana with such spectacular views over Rondinara beach. This was our second Simpson experience but we plan many more.
Mr Bolton – June 2016
Very enjoyable and well organised holiday. Thank you
Mr Hassan – June 2016
Thank you very much for a fantastic week in your stunning villa. We've had a great time here and we managed to fit in a lot of relaxing, swimming and many a game of cards! We also really loved Bonifacio and the local beaches. Thank you both again, and hopefully we shall meet again soon!
Mr White – July 2015
Thank you for a wonderful two weeks at A Sulana. The villa is fantastic and the view is beautiful. The weather has been extremely hot and we've been to all the local beaches.
Ms Harris – July 2015
I can thoroughly recommend Simpson Travel and will most certainly be using them again.
Mr Hewett – June 2015
We have had a great week here with hot and sunny weather! The views at this lovely villa are fantastic and will take your breathe away everyday. The beaches here are fantastic. Jacques and co. have been brilliant and very useful also. The villa is brilliant and quirky and we would love to come and stay here again soon! Thanks a lot!
Mr Hewett – June 2015
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions