In this section...
- Romantic stylish cottage
- Stunning rural location
- Private heated saltwater swimming pool
- Explorers' delight
- Figari village 10-minute drive
- Beaches 10-minute drive
Looking for the perfect honeymoon – step forward A Muredda, a stylish one-bedroom cottage with its own private pool. It is beautifully set in wild, herb-scented countryside and surrounded by huge boulders which are such a feature of this part of the island.
As and when you decide to leave the relaxing surroundings you can hop into the car to reach the wonderful nearby beaches such as Tonnara, La Testa and the famous Roccapina in just 15 minutes or so. Cosmopolitan Porto Vecchio has smart shops, bars and restaurants for a romantic dinner out, or you can dine with the locals in Figari, just three kilometres down the road.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Kitchen includes full oven, Nespresso machine, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Small utility room with storage space for provisions
- TV (English-speaking news channels), DVD and CD players
- Double bedroom
- Shower room
- Separate WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Terrace with parasol
- Private saltwater swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1.25m – 1.95m), security alarm with access via steps
- Pool heating available charged at £100/week – please allow 48 hours notice
- A Muredda is a convenient 10-minute drive from Figari airport, which means planes are visible and sometimes audible depending on the wind direction. However, it’s not a busy airport and daily flights are relatively infrequent.
- 1 week holidays – does not include a mid-stay clean or bed linen/towel change
- 2 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean and bed linen/towel change
- Additional cleaning can be arranged if required for €25/hour (2 hour minimum and subject to availability)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Figari 10min drive
- Beaches 15min drive
- Porto Vecchio 15min drive
- Figari airport 10min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – SUV Automatic VW Tiguan or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases
Group F – Peugeot 508 or similar, 1.4-2 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group H – Citroen C4 Picasso or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases
Group J – Peugeot 2008 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase
Group K – Renault Grand Scenic or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase
A Muredda and its location are simply stunning, we had such a relaxing week. Having used Simpson Travel many times before to travel to Corsica, then going rogue and trying another company, it made us realise just how good your company is and how guests are made to feel so special. Well done to all.
Mr & Mrs White – July 2018
We have had a very relaxing stay at A Muredda and made great use of the pool during the long sunny days in a quiet location. Zonza and the area around the Col de Bavella are fabulous, with awe-inspiring views. We have had a great two weeks – so relaxing and Corsica is beautiful island – we would love to return at a quieter time of the year.
Janet & Ian – September 2017
We have had a fabulous two weeks with great weather and so has the local cat that we fed everyday! The pool was lovely too. We wish we had discovered Corsica earlier and have already booked again for next year.
Caroline & David – September 2017
We had a wonderful week at our villa in Corsica. It was quiet, peaceful and a relaxing location. We would like to return!
Mrs Quinn – August 2016
Our rep, Muriel, was excellent and the villa was in a lovely setting.
Mrs Nash – May 2016
This is our third visit to South Corsica, lovely island, weather has been superb.
Mr Hand – May 2015
Twenty-fifth wedding anniversary for us and what a way to celebrate – peace, quiet, pool, sunshine, cuckoos, nightingales, fab facilities and excellent lunches out. Thank you so much and especially to Anna, the Simpson Travel rep, who made the holiday feel complete.
Mrs Leverington – May 2015
We very much enjoyed our holiday in Corsica staying at A Muredda. It's a gem of a villa in a rural location, but within easy reach by car of places like Porto Vecchio, Ospedale, Bonifacio and the airport at Figari. The pool was great, and the location lovely – views of the mountains and the Mediterranean breeze carrying the unmistakable scent of the maquis are addictive! Would love to go back.
Dr Hughes – July 2014
We have been visiting Corsica since the 1970s so it was the obvious place to return to celebrate for our 40th wedding anniversary. A very relaxing stay.
Mr & Mrs Gann - July 2014
We both enjoyed an amazingly relaxed time at A Muredda which is in a truly beautiful and peaceful spot. It's lovely waking up to the sounds of nightingales and cuckoos.
Mr & Mrs Shattock – May 2014
We had an excellent holiday. The accommodation was superb and we were well supported by the Simpson Travel team all the way through. We would definitely choose this company again.
Dr McGuinn – September 2013
A lovely two-week holiday in a wonderful villa. A great country location, we were regularly visited by the local sheep and goats, a wild boar one evening and a cow on the road near the entrance to A Muredda, together with the red kites flying overhead. Would definitely recommend A Muredda for a relaxing holiday.
Mrs Bush – September 2013
A wonderful week in this tranquil, beautiful setting. We so enjoyed our stay in this well-appointed, new villa with a lovely, unspoilt outlook.
Mr Lloyd – August 2013
A lovely relaxing stay in a beautiful villa. Hope to be back again someday soon!
Mr James – July 2013
A lovely new well equipped property in a very peaceful location. Plenty to see and do in the area. If you have not been to Corsica before you are missing a treat!
Mr Cullen – June 2013
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions