In this section...
- Spectacular location
- Mesmerising sea views
- Private beach platform with kayak and paddle boards
- Outdoor games room
- Paddleboards and sea kayak
Elegantly contemporary and impressively spacious, Korsan Guney sits on an elevated plot at the quieter end of Kalkan, with direct access to around 50m of pristine shoreline and the sea. Aside from neighbouring Korsan Kuzey, there are no other villas in the immediate vicinity, creating a wonderfully wild and natural feel with grounds open all the way down to the waves.
Swimming platforms are a classic Kalkan feature, though it’s a rare treat to find one like this in a private property. Wooden steps lead you directly down to the water, passing a handy outdoor kitchenette and barbecue terrace on the way. Suspended above the clear aquamarine sea there’s a platform for swimming, sunbathing and even star gazing in the inky infinity of a clear Kalkan sky. A kayak lets you explore this stunning coastline from the sea, and it’s possible to paddle to Kalkan harbour in about 30 minutes.
Back up at the house there’s plenty to keep everyone happily entertained, with an outdoor games room complete with a pool and tennis table, plus a Jacuzzi and separate children’s pool. Star of the show is the vast 12x6 metre infinity pool, perfectly placed to enjoy the full panorama of the bay beyond. The villa owners are local restaurateurs, happy to bring dinner to you or prepare a deliciously effortless barbecue night by arrangement. With virtually every holiday whim catered for within the villa and its grounds, we recommend the Korsan Guney for an away-from-it all break with family and friends, but for those in search of slightly brighter lights, Kalkan village, harbour, shops and restaurants are just five minutes away by car. For larger parties, Korsan Guney and Korsan Kuzey are available to rent as a pair.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. View full details on our blog.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with satellite TV (limited English channels), CD/DVD player and Bluetooth speaker
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, Nespresso machine, water dispenser, fridge-freezer with ice maker, dishwasher
- Living area opens up to large terrace with dining table and seating areas
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 200cm beds, can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite shower room, leads to terrace
- Utility room with washing machine
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with separate shower
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 200cm beds, can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite shower room
- Both first floor bedrooms lead to shared sea-facing balcony with seating and Köşk
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads to sea-facing balcony
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 200cm beds, can be converted into a double on request) with en-suite shower room, leads to sea-facing Juliet balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned in all bedrooms and living area
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Shaded outside area with table tennis and pool table
- Stone barbecue
- Private infinity swimming pool 11m x 6.5m (depth 0.75m – 1.6m), separate Jacuzzi corner
- Private decked waterfront terrace with jetty (102 steps down)
- Paddleboards and sea kayak available for guest use
- Meze delivery service on arrival (8 different mezes and baklava – £10pp)
- Children should be accompanied at all times to the decked waterfront terrace due to drops
- Please note that the Turkish coastline is open to the public but access to this property can only come from the sea and is therefore most unlikely
- Approximately 54 steps down to villa
- Road (last 100m) leading up to villa is an un-made track
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD35. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- Kalkan (restaurants/shops) 5min drive
- Patara Beach 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1 hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
- 6-8 guests – 2 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon, and 1 Group D, Dacia Duster, or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Renault Fluence automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület. Find out more here.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
View holiday Booking Conditions