In this section...
- Beautiful stone villa
- Mesmerising views of Kalkan Bay
- Stylish and characterful interiors
- Very private
- Private transfers and car hire included
Turkey’s Turquoise Coast is famous for its spectacular panoramas, and of course, the higher you go, the better the views. Perched on the hill up above Kalkan, Ambar Ev is one of three very appealing new Simpson Travel villas with wonderful views over the old town directly below and out to the islands in the bay.
The outlook is stunning, and perfectly complemented by the architect’s use of natural materials, designed to enhance the glorious situation without impacting too much on the surrounding landscape. Exposed stone walls and unpolished wood feature strongly, lending a warmth and authenticity that is often missing in new buildings. Ambar Ev is the most private and romantic of the three villas here, complete with a balcony off the master bedroom where you can enjoy a secluded nightcap looking down on the lights of the old town. There’s space for a family here too, with the unusual extra benefit of a walled lawn area where little ones can play.
Cosmopolitan Kalkan offers everything you need for a seaside holiday, with beach clubs and boat trips to enjoy, and an impressive range of rather sophisticated restaurants. Your holiday includes a hire car, but to make your arrival as effortless as possible, we also include private transfers from the airport so there’s no need to negotiate the steep local roads on your first day. The lofty position calls for a reasonably confident driver, but the views from the top are unquestionably worth it, and if you like to enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner, taxis are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. View full details on our blog.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-5)
- Open-plan living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Twin bedroom (100cm x 200cm beds) with en-suite shower room, leads to pool terrace
- Master double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room and Jacuzzi bath (separated from the bedroom by a frosted glass partition), leads to balcony
- Double bedroom (180cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room, leads to balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Washing machine
- Outside shaded dining area
- Infinity swimming pool 8m x 4.5m (depth 1.5m throughout), accessed via Roman steps, Jacuzzi corner
- Airport transfer included
- Hire car delivered to the villa due to steep entrance
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Kalkan (restaurants/shops/beach clubs) 6min drive
- Patara beach 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group D, Dacia Duster or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Opel Astra saloon automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
We’ve had a fantastic holiday, thanks. The whole Simpson Travel team was fantastic, from the pre-departure team to Olivia in our resort, who was able to give all the info we needed to help us get into enjoying our holiday straightaway. She was also always available on WhatsApp to help with small queries. We also really liked how she got in touch before we departed the UK. The villa was also really impressive and small touches, like daily bread delivery was appreciated.
Mr Kirby – October 2019
Olivia and Kirsty were very engaging and responded and actioned quickly any queries we had. We’ve booked many holidays with Simpson and will continue to do so. The accommodation, locations, local support and travel arrangements are all very well considered to ensure that we are guaranteed a wonderful holiday and experience each time we travel.
Mrs Owen – September 2019
From booking to the return home everything was easy. Meeting the reps and the transfers to and from the villa ran smoothly. The villa was slightly out of town so you would either have to drive into Kalkan, or get a taxi if you wanted to. The villa is in a quiet location with a lovely bird's-eye view of Kalkan and the harbour. I can recommend Simpson Travel.
John & family – June 2019
We were amazed on arrival! Such breathtaking views from every aspect. The villa is beautifully constructed in natural stone and wood and very stylishly furnished. It is also super comfortable with everything you can imagine provided, not forgetting the en-suite jacuzzi bath! Kalkan is just a short taxi ride away so you can enjoy the local wine and delicious food, and the included rental car allowed us to explore the area with ease. Transfers from/to the airport made it effortless. We compared a number of options with a budget in mind and our Simpson experience surpassed expectations. Thank you!
Jon & Louise – May 2019
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület. Find out more here.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
View holiday Booking Conditions