In this section...
- Intimate round house
- Cosy and comfortable
- Adults only
- Stunning sea and island views
- Taverna 15min walk
- Beach 8min drive
This romantic spot, set in the tiny hamlet of Arvanitakeika and built in the style of an old windmill, offers beautiful far-reaching views across the island's olive trees to the south of Corfu and the mainland.
Small and intimate, The Windmill is perfect for couples who want nothing more than to indulge their senses and relax, whilst the cleverly designed pool makes the most of the house's wonderful position.
- 1-bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Steps up to front door
- There are high drops and no railings on the platform in front of the pool
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with two armchairs
- Kitchen includes cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer, mini-dishwasher, washing machine
- TV (Greek channels only) with DVD player
- Shower room
- Double air-conditioned bedroom (150cm x 200cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- Adults only (18 years or older)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson pool towels
- Built-in barbecue area
- Private swimming pool 3.4m x 7.3m (depth 1.50m throughout)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000403701
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Tavernas in Fontana, Bogdanatika and Magazia all within 15min walk
- Beach 8min drive
- Loggos 8min drive
- Gaios 8min drive
- Port 8min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group C – Grande Punto or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
This was our second visit to The Windmill and Paxos and it was every bit as good as the first time. Our thanks to Frances, Steph and the team for being so helpful and making our holiday even more special. We are already booked in again for next June!
Karen & Dave – September 2020
The Windmill has been a lovely place to stay on this beautiful island. This is our first visit to Paxos and we hope to return. The Simpson team has been outstanding and all the people of Paxos we have met have been delightful.
Russell & Florence – September 2019
We’ve had a wonderful week at The Windmill lazing by the pool and enjoying the views but also exploring the island. Many thanks to Julie and everyone at Simpson for all their help and advice. We’re in love with beautiful Paxos and plan to return in June 2020.
Karen & Dave – September 2019
Simpson are the best! Super. Impressive. Magical. Perfect. Spectacular. Outstanding. Number. SIMPSON. Wonderful two weeks of doing nothing! Finding places to eat – there are lots.
Richard & Janice – September 2019
Our first experience with Simpson but it definitely won’t be the last. We usually do all the arrangements ourselves so this was a first for us. Well it was everything and more that we wanted. Full marks to all your staff who delivered a super performance. We thought the holiday was over but then you surprised us when you gave us a fabulous lunch whilst we were waiting for our departure. Wow that’s how to guarantee we will come back to Simpson.
Richard & Janice – September 2019
We had a fantastic week at The Windmill in beautiful Paxos. A spacious and well-appointed villa with a beautiful view. Special thanks to our rep, Julie, for being so friendly and helpful during our stay. We enjoyed it all so much we are going to rebook for June 2020!
Karen Rowland & Dave Pearce – September 2019
Our second visit to The Windmill – we thought last year was great but even better this year, if that’s possible. The upgrades are excellent, pool lovely – views to die for – you could go on and on! Thanks to Simpson and their reps – the best travel company we have used in our many travels.
Andrew & Di – June/July 2019
This was our first experience using Simpson Travel and we were not disappointed. They were efficient, reliable and the taxi service from the airport, to the boat transfers etc., ran like clockwork. Thank you for a fantastic holiday.
Mr Moloney – June 2019
The Windmill is a perfect venue for any couple wanting peace and privacy. Glorious views and very comfortable. Would recommend it highly.
Diane Jones – June 2019
We enjoyed our visit to Paxos and The Windmill very much. It was our first time with Simpson Travel and we have already booked again for next year. We normally like to travel independently, but having the Simpson Travel team to assist if we needed anything was very helpful. Well done!
Mrs D Jones – July 2018
Mr Beveridge – July 2017
The Windmill on Paxos was a wonderful base for our holiday. Superb accommodation with fantastic views to the west, north and east including the southern coast of Corfu and the Greek mainland.
Mr Harry – July 2017
Fantastic holiday...great stay at The Windmill, Paxos.
Mr Pristo – June 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions