In this section...
- Paradise on a beautiful beach
- Stylish and modern interiors
- Private and quiet
- Shops and tavernas 12-minute drive
We all love a good secret and this is a spectacular one! Imagine a villa, hidden amongst pine, eucalyptus and olive trees, just steps away from a pretty pebble cove and with only birds and butterflies for company. Now add stylish interiors, a private swimming pool and a terrace with tantalising sea views. This is our Simpson Secret - Lefkada: in our view, the ultimate beach retreat and a powerful antidote to the stresses of modern life.
Although this two-bedroom villa has been a part of the landscape for over 40 years, a recent refurbishment transformed it into a contemporary, comfortable home with a wood and stone exterior that allows it to blend in discreetly with its natural surroundings.
There are no other houses in sight, and the beach, whilst not officially private, is often deserted outside peak season as the only other way to reach it is by boat or a steep footpath. The sense of remoteness is sublime, but if you feel like exploring then you can hire a small motor boat or use one of the two kayaks provided for guests.
As befits its ‘Secret’ status, this villa is somewhat off the beaten track, accessed via 2km of unpaved road, steep and rough in places. However, you can get to the seaside town of Sivota for shopping, drinks or dinner in just 12 minutes by car, and other island highlights, including Porto Katsiki and Lefkada town, are easily reachable for a leisurely day trip.
- 2 bedroom single storey villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite TV (2 English-speaking news channels) and DVD player; sliding doors lead onto terrace
- Kitchen includes full cooker, coffe maker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room; sliding doors lead onto terrace
- Twin/double bedroom with en-suite shower room; sliding doors lead onto garden
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Not suitable for children under 6 due to drops around garden
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- Washing machine in outside storage room
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryers, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 12m x 3m (depth 1.3m – 2m)
- Situated back from a pebble beach with step access
- 27 steps leading down from the garden to the beach
- Accessed via 2km of unpaved steep road
- Local taxi companies do not service this property
- Mobile phone reception is not always reliable
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000524901
- Sivota (tavernas and shops)12min drive
- Vassiliki 25min drive
- Nidri 30min drive
- Meganissi 30min by boat from Nidri
- Lefkada Town 55min drive
- Preveza airport 1 hr 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Tiida or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
(Simpson Secret Only) Group E – Suzuki Jimmy 4x4 soft top or similar, 1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group K – Opel Zafira or similar, 1.8 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group L – Opel Vivaro or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
(Simpson Secret Only) Group M – Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Wow. We have stayed in some gorgeous villas in many countries. But none as stunning at this. Astonishingly lovely views out to the bay and islands beyond are ever changing – with such a fascinating procession of boat life passing. The villa itself is so beautiful; wonderfully bright, airy and so tastefully designed and furnished. We also adored all the outdoor spaces around the house – our resident fish (aged 11) spending many hours in the pool, with the other lying on the outdoor beds, or relaxing in the hanging seat with a book. Many a cut-throat game of cards with a G&T as the sun went down over the bay. Much snorkelling was done in the bay. A great variety observed – we all loved the bright red starfish; and spotted a posse of brightly coloured jellyfish one morning out towards the cove. We hired a small boat for a few days and went across to Meganissi and the Blue cave one day. However, every time we left here all we wanted to do was come back! We have dined like kings and queens – using all the wonderful ingredients bought locally. Have so appreciated the service provided by Simpson Travel – on top the stunning location and villa. It has really made our holiday. From the little things like providing beach towels and umbrellas and a welcome pack of food (which was well chosen). Our hire car was even swapped for a better one when it became available – with someone from Avis driving all the way out here. Susanne and Paul are absolute stars – a real credit to Simpson Travel. (We have done a great sales job all week with people on the beach asking how to rent the house – we were tempted at times to lie, to reduce the competition for coming back next year!). So, a wonderful week full of memories which will stay with us forever.
Alan, Justine, Elliot and Nicholas – July 2017
Our fifth time in Lefkada and the beach at the Simpson Secret and it's definitely the best on the whole island. We loved it so much we didn't leave but a drive round the island particularly inland is a must if you have two weeks. We had a full moon over the bay on our last night which turned the bay into a scene from Mamma Mia... Magical, truly magical.
Annie, Poppie & Finn – July 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, whose buggy-friendly, car-free streets invite everyone to explore. This family-friendliness made Lefkada the perfect choice for the second of our popular Simpson Crèches.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
View holiday Booking Conditions