In this section...
- Delightfully positioned villa
- Magnificent sea views
- Fresh and contemporary
- Vathy 10min drive
Nestled on the hillside within a few minutes’ drive of Vathy harbour, Villa Atokos is a new two-bedroom property with its own pool and magnificent sea views. The décor is fresh and contemporary, with a nod to traditional Greek pension style via olive-green shutters framing French doors and picture windows, and antique-style, wrought-iron bedsteads.
You can lie in one of these beds and enjoy the views from the upper floor bedroom, or step out onto the wide, sun-warmed terrace for your morning coffee. Down on the ground floor there’s a shady pergola over the sofa and dining area, where you can enjoy the spectacular Ithacan sunrises and the magical starlit nights.
You might decide that with views like these from your very own terrace you are not inclined to dine out, but the bars and restaurants of the island capital Vathy are just 10 minutes away by car if you change your mind. In the high summer months, there is a local taverna available just a 5-minute drive away. And if you feel like the sea instead of your private pool, several of Ithaca’s iconic, white-pebble-turquoise-water beaches are within a 15-minute drive.
Villa Atokos, along with Villa Ino, is one of a pair of identical, detached properties, the only difference between the two being that the first floor bedroom terraces are ranged either left or right of the house to ensure privacy. The villas are situated quite closely together with a small trellis/hedge separating them. They would be ideal for two smaller families travelling together and still wanting to maintain a level of independence.
- 2 bedrooms (sleeps 2-4)
- 33 steps from parking area to ground floor (shared with Villa Ino)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV/DVD (for DVD use only); leads out to shaded outdoor dining terrace
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, fridge-freezer, washing machine
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Double bedroom with doors leading to balcony
- En-suite shower room
- 18 steps down to pool area
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1m – 1.60m)
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- No children under 8 years
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0457K91000446701
- Beach 15min drive
- Tavernas/supermarkets (Vathy) 10min drive
- Transfer from Kefalonia airport 2hrs
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Group B – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Daihatsu Terios 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Once again Simpsons you have found us a beautiful villa with great views over the mountains and Vathy, very accessible from the port. Many an evening was spent on the terrace, gin and tonic in hand. What a lovely escape we had at Villa Atokos, we feel fully relaxed and refreshed. The villa owner Stavros was super helpful, nothing was too much trouble and the villa was presented to a very high standard. Greta the local Simpsons Representative was knowledgeable, communicative and friendly. Greta spent time outlining the beaches on the islands and gave advice as to various activities that were available to us on the island. What a fabulous island Ithaca is. Full of hidden beaches, fabulous restaurants and friendly people. Definitely somewhere to return to. Please find more villas on the island! Thank you
Mrs Lincoln - August 2017
Simpson Travel made our holiday experience effortless. I was a little concerned travelling to Ithaca as it didn't have an airport, the Simpson's team made the whole transfer part of the Holiday and everything was taken care of from the Airport to the Hire Car on the island. We will definitely use Simpson's again, they created a Platinum Standard in holiday travel.
Mrs Alcock - August 2017
We have spent a relaxing and most enjoyable time on Ithaca. The drive to Kioni is well worth doing, the harbour is picturesque and we had a lovely lunch nearby. Thank you to Greta for all of the information and welcome.
Mr Robson – August 2016
We enjoyed a very relaxing holiday in Villa Atokos, thank you to Greta for your lovely welcome. The views we had at the villa take your breath away, we will return.
Mr Dance – August 2016
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themelves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The fabled land of Homer’s Odyssey and a safe harbour through the ages for Romans, Venetians and Ottomans, Ithaca is historic to the core: a beach holiday destination that comes with an epic story to match its beautiful landscape. The sweeping panorama of Vathy’s bay and a shoreline of eucalyptus-shaded coves give way to undulating hills of pine, olive and cypress groves, whilst timeless rural life plays out in the island’s unspoilt interior, ensuring that Ithaca remains a place to truly relax.
To help you unwind in style, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas, giving your Ithaca holiday a welcome touch of comfort.
View holiday Booking Conditions