In this section...
- Superbly positioned villa
- Bright and airy
- Direct beach access
- Taverna and café 10min walk
- Vathy 5min drive
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
The little road leaving Vathy on the eastern side passes a few fine neo-classical houses, narrows to follow the edge of the sea along an avenue of trees, and eventually peters out by a small bay, a pebble beach, and Loutsa Villa, set back behind the trees. One of two charming houses enjoying this perfect position just a minute from the beach, its light, bright interiors, private pool and wide terraces make it ideal for both couples and families alike.
Within easy walking distance, you'll find a café and an excellent family-run taverna, specialising in fish but also offering a wide range of local dishes; sitting here by the waterfront to enjoy lunch under the trees is a treat, with the broad panorama of Vathy Bay stretching out before you. Little fishing boats come and go and on a bluff above the cove, two old Venetian cannons still stand guard. The sea is clear enough to watch a myriad of small fish swim back and forth without ever dipping so much as a toe in the water, but we highly recommend a mask and snorkel when bathing, to transport you into their beautiful world.
For a livelier alternative, a 20-minute stroll brings you to the lovely harbour in Vathy with a good choice of cafés, restaurants and shops. Self-drive boats are available for hire here too, if you want to discover more of the island's hidden coves and treasures.
Whilst enjoying its own independence and privacy, Loutsa Villa can also be rented along with Villa Alba to provide a spacious venue for an extended family gathering or a group of friends.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan living/kitchen/dining room with TV/DVD (Greek channels only)
- Kitchen area includes hob, oven, fridge-freezer, mini-dishwasher, microwave, washing machine
- Double bedroom (175cm x 200cm bed)
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, safe
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Shared driveway
- Private swimming pool 3.5m x 5.5m (depth 0.5m – 1.6m)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0830K100808301
- Kefalonia airport to Sami port by private taxi or minibus 50min
- Waiting time at Sami port is usually short at the port café
- Sami port to Ithaca (Pisaetos) by sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take 40-50 minutes
- Loutsa beach 1min walk
- Tavernas 10min walk
- Vathy 5min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The fabled land of Homer’s Odyssey and a safe harbour through the ages for Romans, Venetians and Ottomans, Ithaca is historic to the core: a beach holiday destination that comes with an epic story to match its beautiful landscape. The sweeping panorama of Vathy’s bay and a shoreline of eucalyptus-shaded coves give way to undulating hills of pine, olive and cypress groves, whilst timeless rural life plays out in the island’s unspoilt interior, ensuring that Ithaca remains a place to truly relax.
To help you unwind in style, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas, giving your Ithaca holiday a welcome touch of comfort.
View holiday Booking Conditions