In this section...
- Superbly positioned villa
- Bright and airy
- Direct beach access
- Taverna and café 10min walk
- Vathy 5min drive
The little road leaving Vathy on the eastern side passes a few fine neo-classical houses, narrows to follow the edge of the sea along an avenue of trees, and eventually peters out by a small bay, a pebble beach, and Loutsa Villa, set back behind the trees. One of two charming houses enjoying this perfect position just a minute from the beach, its light, bright interiors, private pool and wide terraces make it ideal for both couples and families alike.
Within easy walking distance, you'll find a café and an excellent family-run taverna, specialising in fish but also offering a wide range of local dishes; sitting here by the waterfront to enjoy lunch under the trees is a treat, with the broad panorama of Vathy Bay stretching out before you. Little fishing boats come and go and on a bluff above the cove, two old Venetian cannons still stand guard. The sea is clear enough to watch a myriad of small fish swim back and forth without ever dipping so much as a toe in the water, but we highly recommend a mask and snorkel when bathing, to transport you into their beautiful world.
For a livelier alternative, a 20-minute stroll brings you to the lovely harbour in Vathy with a good choice of cafés, restaurants and shops. Self-drive boats are available for hire here too, if you want to discover more of the island's hidden coves and treasures.
Whilst enjoying its own independence and privacy, Loutsa Villa can also be rented along with Villa Alba to provide a spacious venue for an extended family gathering or a group of friends.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan living/kitchen/dining room with TV/DVD (Greek channels only)
- Kitchen area includes hob, oven, fridge-freezer, mini-dishwasher, microwave, washing machine
- Double bedroom (175cm x 200cm bed)
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, safe
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Shared driveway
- Private swimming pool 3.5m x 5.5m (depth 0.5m – 1.6m)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0830K100808301
- Kefalonia airport to Sami port by private taxi or minibus 50min
- Waiting time at Sami port is usually short at the port café
- Sami port to Ithaca (Pisaetos) by sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take 40-50 minutes
- Loutsa beach 1min walk
- Tavernas 10min walk
- Vathy 5min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Returned to the UK on Saturday after two weeks at Loutsa Villa on Ithaca. Travel was easier and quieter than we had imagined...Simpson organised transfers well and the journey to and from Kefalonia was fast and efficient....great taxi ride back from Sami to the airport as our driver took the cross country route! The villa is simple and great for sea access for a morning swim. Easy access to Vathy and its fabulous bakery and good bars and tavernas. Judith was very helpful and sorted all our queries speedily and efficiently.
Lizzie Pelly – via TrustPilot – September 2021
We have recently returned from a fabulous holiday on the beautiful island of Ithaca, staying in Loutsa Villa. We are so pleased that we decided to go, now feeling the benefits of a wonderful relaxing holiday. There were obviously a few hoops to go through, but with Simpson in charge of all the travel arrangements, it was stress free. Wonderful Judith, our Simpson representative in Ithaca, couldn’t have been more helpful, explaining before we had even arrived how safe the island was, with no Covid cases and 82% of the adult population fully vaccinated. She bought in extra food so that we could eat in on our first night; she explained everything about the island and villa, also providing an excellent map. She arranged our PCR tests for the return journey, bringing the results to our villa. She even printed out hard copies of our PLFs required for the UK. For all the above, we can’t praise Simpson Travel highly enough! Their professionalism, transparency and flexibility throughout this awful pandemic has been exemplary. We have already booked with Simpson for next June!!
Diana Warren – via TrustPilot – July 2021
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The fabled land of Homer’s Odyssey and a safe harbour through the ages for Romans, Venetians and Ottomans, Ithaca is historic to the core: a beach holiday destination that comes with an epic story to match its beautiful landscape. The sweeping panorama of Vathy’s bay and a shoreline of eucalyptus-shaded coves give way to undulating hills of pine, olive and cypress groves, whilst timeless rural life plays out in the island’s unspoilt interior, ensuring that Ithaca remains a place to truly relax.
To help you unwind in style, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas, giving your Ithaca holiday a welcome touch of comfort.
View holiday Booking Conditions