In this section...
- Traditional stone house
- Private pool with spectacular valley views
- Beautiful gardens
- Close to beaches and tavernas
- Frikes 3min drive
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
This attractive stone villa offers a characterful island home near the delightful fishing village of Frikes. Traditional interiors are comfortably furnished, with rustic beams, painted wooden floors and colourful rugs adding to the authentic appeal. There’s a sense of being in a real Greek home here and the two air-conditioned bedrooms, though simply furnished, are both tasteful and restful in equal measure. On the lower ground floor a third bedroom, accessed by a spiral staircase, affords another peaceful option for an afternoon nap, though we only recommend it for this purpose as it isn’t air-conditioned.
But it’s the glorious setting that sets Petrino House apart. Approached through the olive groves along a narrow lane, it offers the best of both worlds; the joy of being tucked away, yet just a few minutes’ drive from the excellent waterfront tavernas and shops in Frikes. A near neighbour of Kioni, Frikes is a wonderfully unassuming little place which retains its charm and laid-back atmosphere, even in the height of summer.
Petrino’s lush, exotic gardens are a mature and colourful blend of bougainvillaea, jasmine and citrus, offering several outdoor seating areas, perfect for alfresco dining or settling down with a drink and a good book. The extraordinary views across the valley from the pool terrace showcase Ithaca’s magnificent flora and fauna and there is a real sense of being at the very heart of the island.
When you’re ready to explore, nothing is very far away and the villa is well-placed for discovering the wealth of idyllic beaches that fringe this Ionian paradise. Set in the fashionable north of the island, the villa is equally suited for a romantic break or a memorable family holiday and the gated pool area means that even those with younger children can enjoy the simple pleasures it has to offer. Many moons ago, the English owners came across this very special house and made it their home. They still look forward to returning each year to enjoy the timelessness of the spot and the relaxed, uncomplicated way of life it offers. After seven days under its spell, we think you’ll feel the same.
- 2 bedroom house (sleeps 2-4)
- Hallway with five steps up to open plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV, DVD and CD player
- Kitchen area includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom accessed from living area
- Twin bedroom accessed from living area
- Shower room/WC accessed from hallway
Lower ground floor
- Downstairs bedroom for occasional use (accessed by spiral staircase from living area)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned living area and bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Private saltwater pool 6m x 3.5m (depth 0.9m - 1.4m)
- The property has WiFi connection and can support basic functions such as web browsing and checking of e-mails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control the signal may be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0457K91000423801
- Kefalonia airport to Sami port by private taxi or minibus 50min
- Waiting time at Sami port is usually short at the port café
- Sami port to Ithaca (Pisaetos) by sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take 40-50 minutes
- Frikes 3min drive or 20min walk (return uphill may take a little longer)
- Beach 5min drive
- Stavros village 5min drive
- Kioni 10min drive
- Vathy 35min drive
- Piso Aetos port 35min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Nissan Micra or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Group B – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Automatic Nissan Micra or similar, 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group E – Daihatsu Terios 4x4 Hard Top or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The fabled land of Homer’s Odyssey and a safe harbour through the ages for Romans, Venetians and Ottomans, Ithaca is historic to the core: a beach holiday destination that comes with an epic story to match its beautiful landscape. The sweeping panorama of Vathy’s bay and a shoreline of eucalyptus-shaded coves give way to undulating hills of pine, olive and cypress groves, whilst timeless rural life plays out in the island’s unspoilt interior, ensuring that Ithaca remains a place to truly relax.
To help you unwind in style, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas, giving your Ithaca holiday a welcome touch of comfort.
View holiday Booking Conditions