In this section...
- Beautiful sea views above Almyrida
- Contemporary and stylish
- Close to tavernas and sandy beach
- Nearby to watersports and activities
Villa Vereniki sits in an elevated position close to our Villa Asterikos, and enjoys the same magnificent views across Souda Bay and the Lefka Ori, Crete’s distinctive White Mountains. With delightful countryside all around and the seaside town of Almyrida below, this is a wonderful place to sample a taste of Cretan country life alongside all the pleasures of a traditional family beach holiday.
Almyrida is a long-standing favourite at Simpson Travel, known for its seafront tavernas supplied by the local fishing fleet that dictates the daily menus. The beaches here are a mix of sand and pebble, gently shelving and therefore popular with young families as well as windsurfers when the conditions are right. If you’re travelling with older children, equipment hire and tuition is available during the main season, and for teenagers welded to wi-fi, the villa pool and its terrace make a cool spot to snap and share.
The town is a 15-20-minute downhill stroll from Villa Vereniki, or just a few minutes in the car. There are a few low-key bars, shops and enough tavernas to ring the changes for a week or so, but for a change of scene you can head off into the inland villages of the Apokronos, such as Plaka and Gavalochori. Chania town, with its Venetian harbour, market and wonderful restaurants, is 25km away.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with Satellite TV, DVD player
- Kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom; leads to terrace and swimming pool
- Double bedroom (can be configured into a twin on request); leads to terrace and swimming pool
- Shower room
- Staircase to lower ground floor
Lower ground floor
- Games room with table tennis
- Double bedroom (160cm x 200cm bed)
- Shower room
- Washing machine
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Private swimming pool 7m x 4m (depth 1.3m – 1.6m)
- Driveway with parking
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1043405
- Almyrida village (tavernas/shops) 3min drive or 20min walk downhill (a taxi is recommended for return walk)
- Beaches 3min drive or 20min walk
- Mini-market 3min drive or 20min walk
- Kalyves (banks and supermarket) 8min drive
- Chania 30min drive
- Chania airport 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Peugeot 208 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group E, Citroën C-Elysee or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Hyundai i20 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group D – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – 1.4-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F2 – Daihatsu Terios Hard Top or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group G – Fiat Doblo 6 seater or similar, 1.4-1.6 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group G3 – Jumpy Multispace L2 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 4 large and 4 small suitcases*
Group H – Automatic Hyundai i20 or similar, 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H2 – Automatic Toyota Auris or similar, 1.3-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group I – Cabrio Peugeot 207 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group I2 – Cabrio Peugeot 308 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The soaring White Mountains, known in Greek as the Lefka Ori, are at the heart of West Crete’s dramatically beautiful landscape and the villages in their foothills offer traditional Cretan fare in glorious abundance – that’s if Chania’s twinkling harbour lights and waterfront dining don’t entice you first. Spring brings an abundance of flowers, turning hiking trails and gorges into welcome destinations for walkers, and in summer, the many beaches offer sun worshippers a choice of scenic locations to spread their towels.
View holiday Booking Conditions