In this section...
- Beachside house
- Beautifully furnished
- Steps to beach
- Tavernas 2-minute walk
Kaminaki is a traditional Corfiot seaside village with steps and narrow lanes, cottages and balconies clustered almost on top of each other. A pretty and unspoiled pebble beach adds to its timeless charm. Tucked away at one end of this beach, The Boat House combines tradition and modern style to provide the perfect experience of beachside living, as well as a subtly luxurious and comfortable hideaway.
The position is unparalleled – this is a glorious stretch of coast – and it is hard to imagine anything more relaxing than sitting on the terrace with a glass of wine and nothing between you and the blue-green sea but a short flight of steps. To one side a tree-shaded rocky outcrop provides a cool spot to read or sleep the day away, to the other the beach curves towards the cottages and small tavernas of Kaminaki.
The English owners have furnished The Boat House imaginatively with a mixture of the best modern furnishings, paintings and photographs plus some antiques, against a colour scheme which takes from the palette of the sea. Through a glass porthole in the floor of the exceptionally well-equipped kitchen, an old fishing boat can be seen below – a visual reminder of the inspiration for this unique house.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Corfu
- 4 bedrooms (sleeps up to 6 maximum)
- Open plan living area, dining/TV room with DVD and CD players
- Modern kitchen includes hob, fridge-freezer with ice/cold water dispenser, drinks fridge, dishwasher
- 2 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite bathroom, 1 with en-suite shower room)
Lower ground floor
- Double bedroom and twin bedroom, shower room
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and beach towels provided
- Washing machine
- Telephone for incoming calls only
- Gas barbecue
- Steps onto beach in keeping with the character of this old village
- One of the Boat House's terraces is partly overlooked by another house but this is not intrusive
- No children under 5 years of age
- Local shopping delivery service available
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K10000264201
- Located on Kaminaki Beach
- Tavernas on beach
- Boat hire/watersports on beach
- Bakery/supermarket (Nissaki) 5min drive
- Tennis courts 15min walk
- Corfu town and airport 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Opel Astra or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group L, Ford Focus or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.25 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group L – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E1 – Automatic Citroën C3 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group E2 – Automatic Hyundai Matrix or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F1 – Minibus Fiat Doblo 7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F2 – Minibus Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group M – Fiat Tipo Station Wagon or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
The Boat House is magical – nestled on the edge of a stony beach it is perfectly situated for a dip in the sea, a speed boat rental, or dinner and wine in the taverna all just a few paces away. It is a beautifully spacious villa, comfortable and tastefully decorated. It has a terrace close by where we enjoyed breakfast and coffee, and a lower terrace which was perfect for barbecues and evening dinner with steps leading down to the beach. We had a super, special unique family holiday and I would definitely recommend The Boat House for a truly special holiday.
Pippa – September 2018
The location of The Boat House was brilliant with excellent access to the beach and great for watching the ‘toing and froing’ of people and boats. The house is stylish, very well presented and is like a home rather than a holiday villa with a good kitchen which is very well equipped for cooking. The outside space is really good with different areas for relaxing, eating and chatting.
Mrs Cole – September 2018
We loved your home and have had a fantastic week – we will be back!
The Paterson Family – August 2017
Your representative at the resort was excellent and deserves a special mention. She went beyond the call of duty.
Mr Kershaw – August 2017
Simpson Travel from top to toe are a caring bunch of people, knowledgeable, proactive and friendly. They are people who always go the extra mile, people who understand us. In brief: understated excellence in spades, rare these days. Thanks chaps.
Mr Davis – September 2016
Stayed at The Boat House, great property in a fantastic location, 21st-century property in a piece of old-fashioned Corfu, right on the beach, BA flights are great from Terminal 5 Heathrow, laid back car rental always makes us smile.
Mr Haggerty – August 2016
We are always amazed by the responsiveness of the staff, the friendliness of the whole operation and the efficiency. It makes for a very easy and pleasurable travel experience. Thank you particularly to Joy, our rep in Corfu, who is charming,helpful and always available should we need her.
Mrs Wardle – July 2016
I think I have already covered most of the things I need to say, but Simpson Travel really is very good at sourcing great properties in fantastic locations, with BA charter flights to Corfu from Heathrow adding ease and comfort to the whole holiday, it's easy to navigate on the website to find the exact holiday to suit your needs and pictures and descriptions are accurate too – 10 out of 10. Thanks again.
Mr Haggerty – June 2015
As I wrote in the Visitor's Book – "Beautiful location + excellent villa = perfect holiday!"
Mr Williamson – September 2013
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A hundred stories unfold on lovely Corfu… Tales of gods and goddesses, Phoenicians and Venetians, vibrant towns and sleepy villages. There’s also a rich natural history of mountains, olive groves, fertile valleys and a coastline dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and rocky inlets. Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence and Gerald Durrell with a luxurious retreat to Corfu’s North East, near Agios Stephanos, or venture North West, to enjoy more sandy beaches and scenic coastal drives.
To help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Corfu, our collection includes luxury villas and a charming waterfront hotel on Avlaki beach. For 2019 we’re delighted to introduce Dolphins and Tribe clubs and activities for 8 to 18 year-olds during summer school holidays. We're also launching the brand-new Simpson Watersports, with equipment hire and lessons with expert instructors.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Corfu
View holiday Booking Conditions