In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- A beautiful and elegant house
- Stunning locaion
- Stylish interiors
- Private swimming pool
This stunning five-bedroom house on two levels has recently been completed by its English owners and offers breathtaking panoramic views across the Ionian straits towards the mountains of Albania. Plumbago sits on the edge of The Rou Estate, a restored 200-year-old stone village, and is just a 15-minute drive to the delightful pebble bays, tavernas and villages of north east Corfu.
The house embraces elegance with beautiful stylish interiors, local stonework and high ceilings. Spacious terraces on different levels offer wonderful opportunities for relaxation and outside dining, all with magnificent panoramic views. The uniquely-designed infinity pool boasts internal seating curved around ancient olive trees.
There is large infinity pool, small spa and gym on The Rou Estate, reached by a short stroll through wisteria walkways and landscaped flower and herb gardens.
For those not wishing to leave Plumbago’s tranquil atmosphere, dining options are available from The Rou Estate's Garden Terrace.
- 5 air-conditioned bedrooms
- Large living room with library
- Television room with TV/DVD player (limited Satellite channels)
- Fully equipped kitchen/dining room, outdoor dining terrace with barbecue
- Master double bedroom, open plan en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom, open plan en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom, open plan en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom, open plan en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom or TV room, en-suite shower, kitchenette
- All bedrooms lead out to pool terrace
- Glassed mini-gym
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Sits on the edge of The Rou Estate
- Private gated infinity pool 12m x 6m (depth 0.8m – 1.80m)
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Washing machine
- Outside dining
- Split level terraces
- Games room
- The Rou Estate is reached via an unmade country lane
- Due to numerous stone steps, the Rou Estate is unsuitable for guests with reduced mobility
- Security deposit (£3,000) required 3 weeks prior to departure
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Local boat hire
- There is no better way to explore the coastline’s clear waters and discover some deserted bays than in a boat. Small boats, speedboats and cruisers can be pre-booked with our UK office prior to departure and we recommend early reservations, especially for July and August, as availability can be limited.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000446001
- Taverna 5min drive
- Beach (Agios Stephanos) 15min drive
- Agni 15min drive
- Kassiopi 20min drive
- Corfu Town and airport 1hr drive
Thank you for allowing us to stay in your amazing villa. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. I was amazed at the beauty of the villa and the gorgeous blue pool. Many thanks.
Millie (aged 16) – August 2018
Thank you so much for letting us stay here. It has been great and the view is something else. The pool is wonderful and I love the name Plumbago!
Tom (aged 10) – August 2018
What a place! First of all, the views are like nothing else I have ever seen. The pool was great and we all had a fantastic time.
Charles (aged 14) – August 2018
We really enjoyed our one week in Villa Plumbago. Stupendous views, relaxing by the pool, supper on the terrace and the girls feeding the cats! Lovely estate and everyone was very helpful.
Peter, Julie, Bo, Ella & Ruby – August 2018
We chose plumbago as a perfect location to renew our wedding vows on our 40th anniversary. It certainly met our expectations.
Mrs Pursell – August 2017
Thank you. We have had a great week in a great place. Very good
Steve & Janet – June 2017
Another fantastic week in paradise for our grateful clan of 11. All three generations had a magical time, the sun shone constantly, Gaynor & her team did a superb job, the tavernas were as tempting as ever and we really, really cannot wait to do it all over again! Huge thanks
The Majendie Clan – May 2017
Thank you for an amazing seven days with you in this wonderful villa. We loved the pool, the view and some fantastic trips on the boat and to tavernas; great food. Look forward to returning soon. Thank you to Gaynor and her team.
Catherine – August 2016
We enjoyed a very relaxing stay at beautiful Plumbago on the Rou Estate. Whilst very quiet and off the beaten track it was easy to access the local restaurants and activities such as day trips in motor boats, diving at Apollo sub diving and mountain biking in the area. Our children made good use of the communal pool although we had our own large infinity pool with amazing views. The whole Rou estate is beautiful and the on site small taverna and excellent spa made the week very relaxing. The addition of our local chef (Spiros) made for a perfect week.
Mrs Notley – July 2016
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A hundred stories unfold on lovely Corfu… Tales of gods and goddesses, Phoenicians and Venetians, vibrant towns and sleepy villages. There’s also a rich natural history of mountains, olive groves, fertile valleys and a coastline dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and rocky inlets. Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence and Gerald Durrell with a luxurious retreat to Corfu’s North East, near Agios Stephanos, or venture North West, to enjoy more sandy beaches and scenic coastal drives.
To help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Corfu, we offer an inspiring selection of handpicked luxury villas.
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
It includes our dedicated pre-departure services to help you plan the details of your trip before you leave the UK, from the logistics of your journey to the personal requests that will make your time away truly magical.
Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we will do our utmost to accommodate any feasible request.
However, as a minimum, we can arrange:
- UK airport hotels and parking
- UK airport lounge access
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
- Boat hire and excursions
- Private jets
Once you reach your destination, our local Concierge will be on hand to offer any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions