In this section...
- Charming seafront property
- Between Kalami and Kouloura
- Small path down to the sea
- Kalami tavernas/shops/beach 10min walk, Kouloura 5min walk
Nestled among cypresses and olive trees on the headland between Kalami and Kouloura bays, at first glance, Kalami Bay looks like many other properties in this lovely area. However, this charming two-bedroom villa hides one delightful secret: follow a short path through the grounds and steps take you directly to a flat rocky platform for sunbathing and enjoying the perfectly translucent turquoise of the Ionian Sea. There’s something incredibly energising about sea swimming and a dip in these shallow clear waters is an unforgettable way to start your day.
The villa is simple, light and bright, but spectacular in outlook, with uninterrupted sea views from the partly shaded dining terrace. You can amble into Kalami in just ten minutes to collect a few fresh supplies for lunch, then drowse away a hot afternoon in the shade of one of the ancient olive trees that cocoon the terrace to create an intimate vantage point by day or evening.
There are also a number of tavernas to chose from, including The White House, the former home of Lawrence Durrell, the poet, dramatist and travel writer, best known for writing Prospero's Cell. His brother Gerald, author of My Family and Other Animals, also lived in the area with his family back in the 1930s.
Kalami is also the place to hire a boat and there’s a range of watersports from its Blue Flag beach. Or visit quieter Kouloura Harbour with its famous fish taverna, just a five-minute walk away.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Large living/dining area with TV (for DVD use only), portable CD player; opens onto shaded sea facing terrace
- Kitchen includes microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine (a new kitchen will be installed for 2017)
Split level – 4 steps up to bedrooms
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Ceiling fans in bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Path and shallow steps (80) lead down to flat rock sea bathing area directly below house
- Low walls and some drops, young children should be supervised at all times
- Shared driveway with a neighbouring property, but has its own parking area and a wall ensures the private terrace remains so
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Property EOT Licence: 0829L121K0335100
- Kouloura 5min walk
- Beach/watersports 5min walk
- Shops/tavernas (Kalami) 10min walk
- Agni from Kalami by boat 5min
- Agios Stephanos 15min drive
- Corfu Town/airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Opel Astra or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.25 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group L – Ford Focus or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E1 – Automatic Citroën C3 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group E2 – Automatic Hyundai Matrix or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F1 – Minibus Fiat Doblo 7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F2 – Minibus Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group M – Fiat Tipo Station Wagon or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
What a wonderful villa and holiday. Though the weather was cooling towards the end of the week, it was perfect for walking and bathing in the sea. We walked stretches of the Corfu way trail and visited more remote inland villages with amazing views to Albania. Corfu town was also a must with the whole family to see the Byzantine museum, the forts and to have ice cream in the sunshine. So much to do in so little time and without doubt we will be back to swim in the sea, snorkel and read books on the beach. Thank you for your hospitality - a perfect start to our autumn.
Jane, Tim, William & Ruari – October 2017
All of our visitors and friends were knocked out by the view, quite rightly, and we all spent a lot of time gazing out across the bay, reading, thinking, snoozing... Just great, we easily could have stayed six months!
Jamie, Rossella, Ivar – August 2017
We have enjoyed a very relaxing two weeks here and had a fabulous holiday. Views are exactly as described by others. We will be back!
The Harris' – July 2017
We've had a wonderful week here. We loved the view so much that we hardly strayed off the terrace! Thank you to Jackie and thank you Simpson Travel!
The Carters – June 2017
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A hundred stories unfold on lovely Corfu… Tales of gods and goddesses, Phoenicians and Venetians, vibrant towns and sleepy villages. There’s also a rich natural history of mountains, olive groves, fertile valleys and a coastline dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and rocky inlets. Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence and Gerald Durrell with a luxurious retreat to Corfu’s North East, near Agios Stephanos, or venture North West, to enjoy more sandy beaches and scenic coastal drives.
To help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Corfu, we offer an inspiring selection of handpicked luxury villas.
View holiday Booking Conditions