In this section...
- Historic renovated cottage
- Central village location (Agios Stephanos)
- Delightful walled courtyard
- Shops, restaurants and beach 2-minute walk
Diamantina – a little slice of local history – is conveniently situated just behind the sea front at Agios Stephanos harbour, and has the honour of being the very first house built in the village, dating back to the 1800s. The present owner inherited it from his great grandfather and then set about refurbishing the house as a characterful holiday home. During the excavation for the swimming pool, archaeologists found fragments of pottery dating back some 2,300 years, indicating continuous habitation of the area since ancient times.
The house is accessed via external stone steps in traditional Corfiot style, complete with a covered porch. It has a delightful walled courtyard, planted with roses, oleander and a mature weeping willow around the pool. The shops, harbour tavernas and beach of Agios Stephanos are literally on your doorstep, making this the perfect base if you’d rather walk than drive. Renting a small boat for your stay (highly recommended), you’ll be able to moor it just 100m from the house. So whether you’re a summertime sailor, a history scholar or just someone who appreciates a traditional and comfortable town house, Diamantina is a uniquely special place to stay.
- 2 bedroom cottage (sleeps 2-4)
Upper ground floor
- Living room with flat screen TV, DVD and CD player; steps up to small kitchen
- Kitchen includes hob, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower attachment)
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Outside covered dining area (accessed from living room and twin bedroom)
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Private swimming pool 6m x 4.5m (depth 1m – 1.8m)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Local boat hire
- There is no better way to explore the coastline’s clear waters and discover some deserted bays than in a boat. Small boats, speedboats and cruisers can be pre-booked with our UK office prior to departure and we recommend early reservations, especially for July and August, as availability can be limited.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K123K7893001
- Harbour 2min walk
- Beach 4min walk
- Tavernas/supermarkets 2min walk
- Kerasia beach 5min drive
- Avlaki beach/horse riding 5min drive
- Corfu Town/airport 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Opel Astra or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.25 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group L – Ford Focus or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E1 – Automatic Citroën C3 or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group E2 – Automatic Hyundai Matrix or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group F1 – Minibus Fiat Doblo 7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group F2 – Minibus Fiat Scudo 9 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group M – Fiat Tipo Station Wagon or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Diamantina is a lovely villa – just like the images on the website. Agios Stephanos is lovely, a real gem. We had a really relaxing holiday on a beautiful island.
Lisa Stocker – June 2018
Simpson Travel provided us with an excellent service from start to finish. Corfu, our chosen destination, was superb along with all those who we came into contact with. High praise to our rep, Jackie, who went beyond with her help and assistance.
Mr Kelly – October 2017
From the moment we opened the big green gate into Diamantina we knew that we were going to have a wonderful holiday. The cottage has a real 'wow' factor and is wonderfully equipped. We would recommend the walk to Kerasia beach, great for a beer and a swim before coming back. The scenery is stunning. Thank you Jackie for all your help. Hopefully we'll be back.
The Oddy's – September 2017
So many reasons to love Diamantina – great location, lovely shaded and sheltered garden and well equipped kitchen, very comfortable beds, a restful and relaxing sitting room and several enticing outdoor areas to enjoy a drink and a meal. Many thanks to Jackie yet again for looking after us and doing her best when a problem came up to help solve it. We are sad to be leaving. We will return.
Mr Rich – September 2017
We have had a great week here staying in Diamantia. The house is very nice and comfortable with great air conditioning in the bedrooms. We have enjoyed very relaxing days lounging by the pool. It has been a wonderful stay in Agios Stephanos and we would happily come again!
The Squire Family – August 2017
We love it here! Diamantia is beautiful everything you could want. Perfectly equipped – lovely garden and pool. Location amazing! So relaxing to just stroll out – have a drink and a meal. Jackie has been great help – booking restaurants and helping us rearrange travel plans when our children came out to join us.
Cruttenden Family – August 2017
Great experience with Simpson Travel; knowledgeable and helpful staff, lovely villas and a very smooth service.
Mr Conroy – August 2017
As usual Simpson Travel staff have been excellent, both in the office and in the resort helping to make my holiday an enjoyable experience. I will, of course, be travelling again with Simpson Travel. Many thanks to all.
Mrs Alford – July 2017
We have also had a really lovely week staying here! Hired a boat for three days and went up and down the coast stopping off at many different places. We were very surprised how easy it was to tie up at a jetty while being free of charge coupled with the friendliness of all the locals. We will miss the sea swimming – very beautiful. Hope to come back!
The Clarkes – July 2017
It is an absolute pleasure going on holiday with Simpson Travel. We felt completely relaxed with arrangements made and appreciated the extras that come with a well-organised holiday. The quality of the accommodation is superb every time. We will definitely be booking another holiday through you. Many thanks.
Mrs Firman – October 2016
Simpson ravel has always provided us with quality holidays; tasteful and clean accommodation, knowledgeable and helpful representatives and in unspoilt locations. The company's attention to detail means we never have to experience the apprehension of wondering if our precious holiday time will meet our needs and expectations. Thank you.
Jones Family – October 2016
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A hundred stories unfold on lovely Corfu… Tales of gods and goddesses, Phoenicians and Venetians, vibrant towns and sleepy villages. There’s also a rich natural history of mountains, olive groves, fertile valleys and a coastline dotted with picturesque coves, sandy beaches and rocky inlets. Follow in the footsteps of Lawrence and Gerald Durrell with a luxurious retreat to Corfu’s North East, near Agios Stephanos, or venture North West, to enjoy more sandy beaches and scenic coastal drives.
To help you make the most of your luxury holiday in Corfu, we offer an inspiring selection of handpicked luxury villas.
View holiday Booking Conditions