In this section...
- Stunning spacious grounds
- Family friendly
- Private countryside location
- Close to Villeneuve-sur-Lot
Maison Garonne sits in an acre of private, gated grounds close to Villeneuve-sur-Lot. The house is ideally suited to a family holiday, with space for up to 10 in five bedrooms and a very large oak-floored living room. If you’re travelling with children, the highlight here might be the 14-metre swimming pool, or the extensive landscaped gardens, with plenty of room for little ones to run around or roll themselves dizzy down the gently sloping lawns. And if it’s too hot to play out, there’s table tennis and a darts board in the cool of the basement indoors.
For adults, the space, peace and privacy of Maison Garonne make it easy to relax from day one, whether you’re relaxing out by the pool with a Kindle, a cocktail or both, or gathered on the dining terrace for an informal French feast. And once you’ve wound down into full holiday mode there’s plenty to discover in the immediate area, from fortified Pujols or the limestone caves of Lastournelle, to the water lily gardens at Le Temple-sur-Lot, the oldest water plant nursery in the world. A great part of this area’s charm comes from its relative obscurity, but if you want to see some of the more famous sites in the neighbouring Dordogne region, places such as Périgueux, Sarlat or La Roque Gageac are all doable as day trips from Maison Garonne.
The local area
The closest small town is Ste-Livrade-sur-Lot (3km), which has shops, a handful of restaurants and a historic old centre. The Lot valley is particularly rich in natural beauty, with many walking and biking routes, plus horse riding, canoeing and fishing widely available. Highlights include Villeneuve-sur-Lot (7km), a lively town overlooking the Lot River with a pleasant pedestrian shopping area leading to a beautiful square. Pujols (10km) is classified as one of France’s 'most beautiful villages', while riverside Agen (25km) is a gastronomic centre renowned for its famous prunes. For a longer day out, Bergerac and Bordeaux are 60 and 90 minutes away by car respectively, while younger visitors might prefer the Happy Forest high ropes park, the small Z’Animoland zoo near Agen or the Walibi theme park near Roquefort.
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps up to 10)
- Entrance hall
- Living room with TV/DVD player, (UK Freeview channels); leads to outside area
- Large dining/kitchen area with air-conditioning, leads to covered patio overlooking the swimming pool
- Fully equipped kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, microwave, American fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Air-conditioned master bedroom with double bed (1.5m), en-suite bathroom (Jacuzzi mechanism is not operational), patio doors to garden
- Utility room with washing machine, iron and ironing board
- Double bedroom (140cm bed) with sofabed, en-suite shower room with WC
- Double bedroom (150cm bed)
- 2 double bedrooms (140cm beds)
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, twin basins
- Separate WC
- Games room with table tennis and dartboard
- Complimentary WiFi
- Private swimming pool 14m x 6m (depth 0.9m – 3.3m), Roman steps, security alarm
- Security deposit £750
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00-7.00pm (arrival 7.00pm-9.00pm at a supplement)
- Check-out time – 10.00 am
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels provided
- Weekly linen change for stays of two weeks or more
- Shopping service available
- Restaurants/shops/supermarket (Ste-Livrade) 5min drive
- Pujols 10min drive
- Grotte de Lastournelle 10min drive
- Villeneuve-sur-Lot 15min drive
- Parc Walibi (water park) 40min drive
- Bordeaux airport 1hr 30min drive
- Toulouse airport 2hr drive
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange your flights for an extra charge of £25 per person, plus the cost of the flights themselves.
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in France to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
Bergerac 60km/1hr 10min drive
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London City||British Airways||Sunday||All season|
|London Stansted||Ryanair||Sat/Sun||All season|
|East Midlands||Ryanair||Sunday||25 Mar – 21 Oct|
|Liverpool||Ryanair||Saturday||31 Mar – 27 Oct|
|Leeds Bradford||Jet2||Saturday||26 May – 29 Sep|
|Southampton||Flybe||Sunday||1 Apr – 9 Sep|
|Birmingham||Flybe||Sat/Sun||1 Apr – 9 Sep|
Bordeaux 130km/1hr 30min drive
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||British Airways||Sat/Sun||All season|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Sat/Sun||All season|
|London Luton||easyJet||Sat/Sun||All season|
|Liverpool||easyJet||Sat/Sun||12 May – 1 Sep (Sat)
1 Jul – 2 Sep (Sun)
|Belfast||easyJet||Saturday||12 May – 1 Sep|
|Edinburgh||Ryanair||Saturday||31 Mar – 27 Oct|
|Southampton||Flybe||Saturday||26 May – 25 Aug|
|Birmingham||Flybe||Sat/Sun||31 Mar – 2 Sep|
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the Dordogne’s forest-covered hillsides to the undulating countryside of Lot-et-Garonne, these fertile landscapes have long played their part in human history – the famous Lascaux cave paintings testify to that. For a taste of spectacular coastline on your holiday, head to Charente-Maritime or find a lakeside beach that’s perfect for a picnic – this region is known for its abundant food and excellent wines. Choose a restaurant in an ancient village square and enjoy the sense of history repeated.
And for a place to stay in Dordogne and the South West, explore our collection of luxury villas.
View holiday Booking Conditions