In this section...
- Exclusive Partner Hotel
- Stunning cliff-top setting
- Spectacular ocean views
- Private pathway to sandy beach
- 5-minute walk to Bidart village centre
There are no two ways about it, our new partner hotel in the beautiful village of Bidart enjoys some of the finest views along this esteemed stretch of coastline. Perched above the glorious sandy beach of Plage du Centre, the stunning cliff-top setting affords a magnificent vista across the lawned gardens to the ever-changing seascape of the Atlantic Ocean and the golden sunsets that have inspired poets and artists from around the world. And if it’s discreet sophistication and understated luxury that you’re after (complemented by the sort of elegant hospitality that the French deliver so effortlessly) you need look no further.
The hotel’s charming host, Florian Bouget, ensures guests feel pampered but never pressured, offering a concierge service that’s both equable and efficient - and always delivered with a smile. The choice of 1-bedroom suites or a 3-bedroom apartment make Hôtel La Villa L’Arche suitable for either couples or families seeking a tranquil base close to the lively cosmopolitan resorts of Biarritz and St. Jean de Luz. All are tastefully furnished, offering sumptuous beds dressed with immaculate linens, high-quality contemporary bath or shower rooms, a private balcony or terrace and those inspirational ocean views.
Daily breakfast may be enjoyed on the hotel terrace or in the privacy of your suite, the perfect continental-start to a day of leisure along the Basque Country coastline. Relax by the inviting heated pool or take the private path down to the glorious beach below, enjoy a therapeutic massage and jacuzzi or step out and conquer the coastal path; however you spend your days you’ll be captivated by the spellbinding views and warm traditional atmosphere of this very special spot.
The Local Area
Often overshadowed by its more famous neighbours, Bidart’s appeal should not be underestimated. Smaller, quieter and more traditional, it’s a civilised little place, offering a couple of delightful restaurants and bars and a number of useful shops. But the atmosphere in the central square electrifies when the locals arrive for a high-octane game of pelote and an evening by the fronton is not to be missed. The local beach, Plage du Centre, is as lovely as any along this coastline yet all the glitz and glamour of Biarritz is just a 15-minute drive away when you’re in the mood for some serious French chic and high-living. Hôtel La Villa L’Arche is also a wonderful base for anyone looking to explore a little further afield and enjoy a day trip to Spain or exploring the rugged mountains of the Pyrenees. With its intimate atmosphere and stylish air of informality, this is a truly blissful place for a memorable escape.
- 4 Ocean Deluxe rooms with terrace or balcony (sleeps 2)
- 2 Junior suites with terrace or balcony (sleeps 2)
- 1 apartment with ocean views (sleeps 6)
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- 2 two-storey buildings separated by pool/gardens (one for rooms/suites/communal areas, other for apartments)
- For details and images of individual rooms/suites/apartment, please see Rooms/Suites tab
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air conditioning
- Satellite TV (limited English-speaking channels)
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Concierge service
- Reception service
- Continental breakfast included with the rooms and suites only (can be taken in rooms, terrace or lounge)
- Bar service (wine, beer, cider, soft drinks, tea, coffee)
- Shared heated swimming pool 4m x 14m
- Massage treatments available (payable locally)
- Underground parking €10/day (limited spaces, pre-booking essential – not suitable for large vehicles)
- 20% discount on treatments at St Jean de Luz Loremar Thalasso & Spa
- In October the pool will be heated to a minimum of 25°C and some seasonal restaurants, shops and bars may be closed
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Hotel access times
- Check-in time 3pm
- Check-out time 12pm
- Plage du Centre beach 2min walk, accessible directly from the hotel gardens
- Plage d’Uhabia beach 4min walk (300m)
- Nearest restaurant 4min walk (300m)
- Bidart village (shops and restaurants) 7min walk (700m)
- St Jean de Luz Loremar Thalasso & Spa 15min drive (8km)
- Biarritz airport 20min drive (8km)
Just a big thank you for your help with our stay at Villa l’Arche. Bidart is a wonderful little place. We enjoyed the restaurants and views from the hotel. Florent and his staff were magic. We had an exceptional stay.
Mavis and Jim Annys – September 2020
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Steeped in Basque traditions as old as the hills, this destination reflects a very different take on ‘Frenchness’: one that’s also imbued with the colours of Spain just a short drive away. And if swimming, sunbathing, surfing and sandy beaches don’t appeal, you can try a thalassotherapy spa session, watch an adrenaline-fuelled game of Basque pelote or flex your cultural muscle along the narrow streets of ancient towns and pristine villages where museums, galleries and restaurants are in plentiful supply.
View holiday Booking Conditions