In this section...
- Beautiful contemporary home
- Stylish interiors
- Extensive lawned gardens
- Heated swimming pool
- Walking distance to beaches and restaurants
- Biarritz 5-minute drive
- Simpson family extras available
Reserve your 2024 holiday online with a fully refundable deposit of £500. Simply select your preferred dates or find out more here.
Located conveniently close to Biarritz, this gorgeous villa feels like a wish-list come true, combining traditional local style with a contemporary pool terrace, and an enviably secluded position within easy walking distance of sandy beaches and a couple of superb seafront restaurants.
Enclosed by walls and hedges, and with a nature reserve beyond, the setting feels wonderfully private, with real run-around room for younger guests and plenty of space for breakfast in the sunshine or a snooze in the shade. The house is stone-built and red-roofed in classic local style, further enhancing the relaxed country atmosphere despite the handy proximity of Biarritz, just three kilometres away.
The distinctive asymmetric roofline has been put to good use here, creating a double-height kitchen and dining space so sociable cooks needn’t miss out on the drinks and conversation. And if no-one’s that keen to take on the evening meals, it’s just 10 minutes' walk to the local restaurants of Ilbarritz, or you can indulge in dinner cooked to order without having to leave the villa, thanks to our bespoke catering service. With its heated swimming pool for early and late season, five bedrooms and convenient TV, this villa would make a fine base for a family gathering.
The local area
The villa sits roughly equidistant from both charming Bidart and bustling Biarritz, each just a five-minute drive. The nearest beach is at Ilbarritz (one kilometre), where you’ll also find a surf academy, a golf course and several restaurants. If you’re feeling active, nine holes at Ilbarritz, a restorative lunch in the clubhouse then an afternoon surf is the ultimate south-west summer experience! And if that sounds like hard work, you can just sit and people-watch on the Grande Plage promenade in Biarritz, a favourite parading spot since Victorian times. Biarritz has plenty to entertain all ages and interests, with its celebrated beaches, Belle Époque architecture, boutique shops and famous covered market. If days in the car or hours on the course have left you a little stiff and sore, treat yourself to a relaxing thermal spa at one of the many spa and thalassotherapy centres around the area.
St-Jean-de-Luz is arguably the most appealing town in the area. A fishing-port-turned-holiday-town, St-Jean is known as the gourmet centre for Basque cuisine, with a rich cultural calendar, stylish shops and lovely beaches. A day tour of the Basque villages such as Ascain, Ainhoa, Sare and Espelette makes for a pleasing contrast to the coast; for something different again, don’t miss a trip into Spain and the old town of Hondarrabia or the celebrated cities of San Sebastian, Pamplona and Bilbao, home to the famous Guggenheim museum. Hendaye beach beckons with all manner of watersports and a thalassotherapy spa. For a more typically Basque experience, take a wander around the old town to sample pintxos or perhaps catch a lively game of pelota. Bayonne, capital of the Pays Basque, sits quietly under the tourist radar but rewards visitors with narrow medieval streets and a fine Gothic cathedral, not to mention of course its eponymous jambon. Some of southern Europe’s most majestic mountains are accessible in the Pyrénées National Park. Stunning coastal walks connect from Bidart through Guéthary and St-Jean-de-Luz, and as far as Hendaye on the Spanish border. Drinks, dinner and sunset from one of Bidart or Guéthary’s sea-view restaurants is a holiday highlight.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Aquitaine
- 5 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Open-plan living/kitchen area with Netflix; terrace access
- Fully-fitted kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room and WC
- Double bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite shower room (no WC)
- Master bedroom (160cm bed) with en-suite bathroom with bath, shower and WC, private balcony
- Double bedroom (180cm bed, convertible into 2 x 90cm twins)
- Twin bedroom with 2 x 90cm beds
- Family shower room with WC
- Complimentary WiFi
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and pool towels provided
- Terraces with outdoor dining
- Electric plancha grill
- Table tennis
- Heated swimming pool:12m x 5m, max depth 1.80m, plus a 2m platform for kids that is 0.30m depth; electric cover
- Smoking is not permitted inside the villa
- Pets are not permitted
- Private parking with electric gate
- Nearby activities include surfing, golf, cycling, horse riding, spa and thalassotherapy
- In October the pool will be heated to a maximum of 25°C and some seasonal restaurants, shops and bars may be closed
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
Simpson family extras
- Family favourite range of toys and games, suitable for ages 5-11
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 5.00-7.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Weekly change of linen, bath and pool towels for bookings of two weeks or more
Optional services offered
- Mid-week cleaning 20€/hour
- Chef (pre-booking essential)
- All extra services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Ferry ports
St Malo 730km
- TGV stations
- Local restaurant 3min walk (250m)
- Beach and local restaurant (Ilbarritz) 10min walk (1km)
- Supermarket 3min drive (2km)
- Bidart 4min drive (3km)
- Biarritz centre 5min drive or 50min coastal walk (3km)
We enjoyed an excellent week at the villa. The Villa is spacious and had excellent accommodation for 6 adults and 4 children. The pool and garden were in excellent condition. The Villa is at the end of an unmade road in a very calm location with a woodland behind; it’s all vey tranquil. We saw small deer just outside the gate and birds of prey circling above the woods. The kitchen is very well equipped with all you need and the electric plancha was great for cooking outside. The local beach is a 25 minute walk away and it’s a great beach with good surf and life guards. The children had some excellent surfing lessons. All in all a wonderful holiday. We are thinking of booking again next year.
Jane Lansdell, July 2022
A very comfortable and well set up villa. The owners have provided a well-stocked house with everything we could think of. The location is a great one for exploring the area and Julia, who met us at the house, was friendly and helpful. A great experience.
Chris – October 2019
Every member of staff I spoke to at the office all provided an outstanding service when making my initial enquiry, through to the booking process and answering questions about our stay. The fantastic villa manager, Julia, was also outstanding. So helpful and obliging and someone who genuinely wanted to make sure everyone had a fabulous holiday. She couldn't have done any more!
Mr Templeton – June 2019
The villa facilities and location was just what we hoped for. Julia, the representative, was welcoming and helpful. We didn't need to contact her for any assistance but she let us know she was available.
Mrs Rowlands – June 2019
We had a wonderful time at Villa d’Ilbarritz. The villa was lovely – very comfortable with great outside space, a huge garden and a gorgeous pool. Lots of space to relax as a family, and Julia was absolutely fantastic with help booking surf lessons, recommending restaurants (all excellent) and even providing batteries for the remote control at short notice! She was incredibly helpful and kind and made a big difference to our stay. Thank you!
Mr Bradley-Jones – June 2019
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Steeped in Basque traditions as old as the hills, this destination reflects a very different take on ‘Frenchness’: one that’s also imbued with the colours of Spain just a short drive away. And if swimming, sunbathing, surfing and sandy beaches don’t appeal, you can try a thalassotherapy spa session, watch an adrenaline-fuelled game of Basque pelote or flex your cultural muscle along the narrow streets of ancient towns and pristine villages where museums, galleries and restaurants are in plentiful supply.
Visit our collection of handpicked villas or boutique hotels in Biarritz & The Basque Country to complete your luxury holiday on the Aquitaine Coast.
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions