In this section...
- Spacious contemporary villa
- Idyllic mainland setting overlooking Kalamos & Kastos
- 5mins walk to the beach
- Use of private jetty (shared with Afroditi & Hermes)
- 5min drive to Vathiavali Beach Club
- 45min drive to Lefkada Town
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
Nestled in an enviable location on the Greek mainland, Varko Villa – Apollo offers uninterrupted views of the Ionian Sea, extending towards the enchanting islands of Kalamos, Meganissi, and Lefkada. Thanks to the natural beauty and tranquillity of its immediate surroundings, this single-storey haven promises contemporary luxury in a blissfully unspoilt setting, with a spectacular shingle beach just a leisurely stroll away.
Two-bedroom Apollo is one of three meticulously designed villas overlooking Varko Bay, presenting an ideal base for smaller families or a couple seeking a relaxing escape. If you’re travelling with friends, nearby Afroditi and Hermes make the perfect companion villas - not too close for comfort ensuring everyone has the privacy and space they need. The stylish open-plan living area and elegantly appointed bedrooms are bright and airy creating an effortless flow between inside and out and the pretty gardens are immaculately kept with plenty of room to lie back and enjoy this unique spot. If you simply want to drop and flop, embrace a slower pace of life and immerse yourself in total relaxation but more active souls will find plenty to do in the region too. Varko's inviting beach and crystal-clear waters are a haven for snorkellers, and a private jetty is available for those eager to explore the azure waters in a rented boat. Set off for lunch on Meganissi or Lefkada, visit the enchanting islands of Kalamos and Kastos, or take a picnic and explore the pretty inlets of the mainland coast.
Just a short 10-minute drive from Apollo, the quaint village of Pogonia awaits with its two traditional tavernas and a kafeneio — a perfect place to savour the regional produce and experience the warmth of the locals. Extend your journey a little further, and in just ten minutes, you'll find yourself in Palairos, a coastal town in Greece's Etoloakarnania region, where you’ll find an abundance of bars, restaurants, cafés, bakeries, and well-stocked supermarkets. Nearby, history enthusiasts can explore the Mycenaean ruins of Ancient Palairos, adding a rich and enlightening layer to the Greek cultural tapestry.
We are delighted to introduce this high-spec villa to our programme. A 45-minute drive from Lefkada Town, it offers a gateway to a new and exciting part of the mainland for Simpson clients, with easy access to the well-established and ever-popular islands of Lefkada and Meganissi.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan kitchen/dining/living area; leads to garden and terrace
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, fridge-freezer, oven, hob, Espresso machine
- Living area includes Smart TV
- Double bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC; leads to terrace
- Twin bedroom (2 x 90cm beds that an be made as a double) with en-suite shower room with WC; leads to terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Cleaning and linen change on Sunday and Wednesday
- Electric barbecue
- Outdoor dining area with shade
- Chlorine swimming pool 7.5m x 3.5m (depth 1.5m)
- Parking area and garden shared with neighbouring villas
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence application (EOT): 1227869
- Beaches: Varko beach 5min walk, Vathiavali beach 30min walk/5min drive, Agios Ioannis beach 40min walk/6min drive, Potamaki beach 12min drive
- Vathiavali beach club taverna 5min drive
- Taverna and mini market Pogonia 8min drive
- Supermarket 16min drive
- Palairos 20min drive
- Preveza airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – Automatic Nissan Micra or similar, 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular kids' clubs.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions