In this section...
- Spacious contemporary villa
- Idyllic mainland setting overlooking Kalamos & Kastos
- 5mins walk to the beach
- Use of private jetty (shared with Apollo & Hermes)
- 5min drive to Vathiavali Beach Club
- 45min drive to Lefkada Town
2024 Holidays... 2023 Prices
Our 2024 holidays are now priced online and with our early bird promise, you can enjoy December 2022 prices when you book by 31 December 2023. View Price Freeze Terms & Conditions here.
The Varko Villas enjoy a privileged position on the Greek mainland, with uninterrupted views across the Ionian Sea towards Kalamos, Meganissi, and Lefkada. The natural beauty and tranquillity of their immediate surroundings is a real draw for anyone seeking contemporary comfort in a blissfully unspoilt setting, with a spectacular shingle beach just a two-minute walk away.
Afroditi is one of three thoughtfully designed villas overlooking Varka Bay; ideal for a couple seeking a romantic escape. The stylish open plan living area and balcony are on the upper level, perfectly placed to drink in the extraordinary blue vista, though the delightful view across the pool and garden from the stylishly appointed bedroom on the ground floor is no less appealing.
The dreamy location invites a slower pace of life and a chance to immerse yourself in total relaxation. But for more adventurous souls, there is plenty to recommend in this area too. Varko’s pretty beach and pristine waters are heaven-sent for snorkelling enthusiasts and there is a private jetty at our guests' disposal for those eager to hire a boat. Set off for lunch on Meganissi or Lefkada, venture a little further to the enchanting islands of Kalamos and Kastos, or simply explore the pretty inlets of the mainland coast.
A short 10-minute drive from the villa, the quaint village of Pogonia is home to two traditional tavernas and a kafeneio, the perfect place to savour the regional produce and soak up a little philoxenia (the warm welcome of strangers) from the locals. Extend your journey by another ten minutes and you'll find yourself in Palairos, a coastal town in Greece's Etoloakarnania region with an abundance of bars, restaurants, cosy cafés, bakeries and well-stocked supermarkets. For history enthusiasts, the Mycenaean ruins of Ancient Palairos are nearby too, offering a chance to delve into the rich tapestry of Greece's past and unearth the ancient secrets of the area. Slightly further along the coast is Mytikas with its spectacular 4km beach and ferry service to Kalamos and Kastos.
We are delighted to welcome the Varko Villas to our Greece programme. A 45-minute drive from Lefkada Town, they open up a new and exciting part of the mainland for Simpson clients whilst giving easy access to the well established and ever popular islands of Lefkada and Meganissi. Booked alone, Afroditi offers a luxurious and romantic haven for a couple but with the option to book neighbouring Apollo and Hermes too, travelling with friends or family means everyone can enjoy this idyllic spot in their own sweet way.
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 2)
- Double bedroom (180cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC; leads to pool terrace
- Open-plan kitchen/dining/living area; leads to garden
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, fridge-freezer, oven, hob, Espresso machine
- Living area includes Smart TV and has balcony access
- Complimentary WiFi
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Cleaning and linen change on Sunday and Wednesday
- Electric barbecue
- Outdoor dining area with shade
- Chlorine swimming pool 7.5m x 3.5m (depth 1.5m)
- Parking area and garden shared with neighbouring villas
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence application (EOT): 1227869
- Beaches: Varko beach 5min walk, Vathiavali beach 30min walk/5min drive, Agios Ioannis beach 40min walk/6min drive, Potamaki beach 12min drive
- Vathiavali beach club taverna 5min drive
- Taverna and mini market Pogonia 8min drive
- Supermarket 16min drive
- Palairos 20min drive
- Preveza airport 40min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Nissan Note or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – Automatic Nissan Micra or similar, 1.1 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular kids' clubs.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions