In this section...
- Beachfront Simpson Hotel
- Restaurant and Beach Club
- Boat hire & non-motorised water sports
- Adult Only suites outside peak weeks
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Short walk to local tavernas
Good to know... Our exclusive Simpson Suites at San Nicholas are Adult Only except during peak weeks. Families with children are accepted from 28 May - 4 June and 9 July – 3 September 2023. We are pleased to offer a 25% discount on the accommodation price for the second room occupied by children under 18 during this period.
The beautiful south of Lefkada holds universal appeal. Though sleepier than the north, the glorious blue Ionian is playground enough for most and nowhere celebrates its appeal better than the San Nicholas Hotel. Spectacularly situated at the edge of one of the island’s unspoilt bays, just a short stroll from the charming waterfront village of Mikros Gialos, it attracts those seeking effortless relaxation in luxurious surroundings, underscored by first-class service. With a fabulous beach bar serving snacks and light lunches throughout the day, attractive poolside restaurant, direct sea access and a range of non-motorised water sports, it’s an appealing option for a romantic escape or a perfect base for a fun-filled family break during peak holiday weeks.
The proud owners of San Nicholas share the same values we hold dear in our Simpson Hotel Collection and we are delighted they have agreed to partner with us, giving our clients exclusive access to eight stylish suites set apart from the main building. Enjoying full access to the hotel’s superb facilities, this charming enclave of Simpson Suites enjoys a particularly picturesque spot in the grounds and all rooms have a private outdoor seating area with sea view. It’s an easy stroll through the gardens to the restaurant or pool and there’s even a lift to whisk you up and down to the beach bar and water’s edge. Though communal areas are shared with non-Simpson guests, you will find the same attention to detail pervades throughout this effortlessly sophisticated hotel, alongside the exceptional levels of service we prize so highly.
Our eight contemporary suites are positioned on two levels; the four Penelope Suites set along an upper terrace and the Nafsika Suites below. All enjoy the dazzling view across the bay and though idyllic just for two, the layout works well for families who wish to book multiple rooms during peak weeks. Additionally, the Nafsika Suites can be interconnected to accommodate up to four and are well suited to those travelling with children under 11.
Despite the luxurious surroundings there’s a lovely relaxed vibe at the San Nicholas, entirely in-keeping with its location close to the authentic little village of Mikros Gialos. Just a 5-minute stroll away, a handful of unfussy tavernas and bars line the delightful crescent-shaped beach, and the slightly off-the-beaten-track setting means it never feels too over-run with tourists, even in high summer.
The best way to explore the island from here is undoubtedly by sea and the hotel concierge can arrange boat hire directly from the beach club. Potter along the coast to Syvota or head across to Meganissi for lunch by the harbour in Vathy before heading back for an atmospheric evening under the stars in the hotel’s highly regarded restaurant. This is Lefkada at its best.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
- 8 suites exclusive to Simpson Travel, located a short distance from the main hotel
- Lower level – Nafsika Suites 401, 402, 403 and 404
Central Nafsika Suites 402 and 403 can be made up as twin or double rooms and interconnected with 401 and 404 respectively.
- Upper level – Penelope Suites 501, 502, 503 and 504
Penelope Suites are all doubles and cannot be connected internally
- Restaurant with poolside dining area (open 7.30pm until late)
- Daily breakfast included (served 8am - 11am)
- Pool bar serving snacks and light meals (open 10am - 7pm)
- Beach bar serving snacks and light meals (open 10am - 8pm)
- Sunbathing platform with sea access
- Lift to beach bar
- Lounge with pool table and games
- Swimming pool 28m x 5m (depth 0.6m – 1.6m)
- Children's pool 9m x 8m (depth 0.5m)
- Boutique shop selling jewellery and locally made products
- Some communal areas are accessed by several flights of stairs, may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- In Greece, a nominal visitor tax applies, known as the Overnight Stay Tax, which varies depending on the accommodation. During your stay at San Nicolas, €0.50 per night per suite must be paid locally in cash and will be collected either by the hotel owner or our local representative on their behalf.
All suites (see separate Suites tab for individual details and photographs)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Satellite TV
- Sea view
- Furnished terrace
- Two sun loungers
- 1.90m – 2.00m double beds (suites 402 and 403 can be made up as twin beds on request)
- En-suite shower room with double basin and WC
- Complimentary bathroom products
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Room service
- Daily cleaning
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT):
The following equipment hire and excursions are available:
- Single canoe/kayak 15€ per hour
- Double canoe/kayak 20€ per hour
- Stand-up paddle boards (SUPs) 15€ per hour
- Paddle boat 20€ per hour
- 30hp boat hire - no licence required, available to pre-book.
Prices:14 May - 30 May: £85 per day, 01 Jun - 30 Jun: £90 per day July/Aug/Sep/Oct: £110 per day.
- 225hp rib hire - licence required, prices on request
- Daily skippered private motorboat cruises - West Lefkada & Meganissi, Meganissi & Scorpio and Kasto, Kalamos & Meganissi, prices on request
- Local tavernas and shops (Mikros Gialos) 5min walk
- Nydri town 25min drive
- Lefkada town 45min drive
- Preveza airport 1hr 15min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.1 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Nissan Note or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Peugeot 301 or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 suitcases and 1 small suitcase*
Group J – Nissan Juke SUV or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group K – Nissan Evalia/Fiat Doblo or similar, 1.5 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group L – Nissan Primastar or similar, 1.8 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M2 – Automatic Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 1.6 - 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Charmingly traditional, Lefkada is an authentically Greek holiday delight fringed by award-winning beaches. The stunning colours of the landscape are a vibrant force of nature; uplifting, brilliant shades of shocking pink, green and translucent turquoise. Central to all this is Lefkada Town, with its pretty car-free streets, excellent choice of restaurants and waterfront bars and lovely bohemian vibe. It is well-suited to both couples and families and Lefkada is an excellent choice for one of our popular kids' clubs.
To make the most of your luxury holiday in Lefkada, we offer a selection of handpicked villas and a stylish adult-only Simpson Hotel so you can enjoy this beautifully relaxing Greek Island to the full.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Lefkada
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions