In this section...
- Partner Hotel near Paleochora
- Five elegant and spacious suites
- 1-bedroom suites (can be interconnected)
- 2-bedroom suites with private pools
- Communal pool
- Walking distance to beaches and tavernas
- Adults and children over 15 only
Good to know... The communal pool is being built over the winter; we look forward to sharing photographs in the spring.
We hold a great deal of affection for the southwest corner of Crete which, like so much of the island, feels unique and harbours an identity all its own. And though it takes a little more time to get there, the effort is more than rewarded by everything the area has to offer. We are particularly pleased to have found the Amphitheatre Suites here; a charming Partner Hotel whose owners, George and Giota, share our passion for impeccable service and attention to detail.
Extremely spacious and beautifully designed, these elegantly furnished one and two-bedroom suites each enjoy private terrace and well-equipped kitchen area, allowing guests to combine all the easy relaxation of self-catered living with the indulgent joys of staying in a boutique hotel. Two-bedroom ground floor suites have the added benefit of private pools while the one-bedroom suites enjoy use of the communal swimming pool which feels exclusive and intimate.
Daily breakfast is included, a mouth-watering selection of local produce lovingly prepared and brought to your suite, and after such a blissfully carefree start, Giota is on hand to offer advice and assist with ideas for day trips and local exploration if you are keen to venture out.
Beaches, bars and tavernas are a 10-minute stroll away and it’s only 15 minutes’ walk to the colourful and bohemian centre of Paleochora. Quintessentially Greek, there’s a buzz of creativity amongst the narrow streets of the Old Town; enchanting by day and utterly bewitching by night.
Giota can arrange boat trips from the little port here, whisking you across the water to the pale pink sands of Elafonisi, the extraordinary village of Loutro, or perhaps Gavdos - the most southerly Greek island of them all. This glorious corner of Crete has much to discover inland too, including the herb-scented Anidri gorge and the wild, rugged beauty of the Grammeno peninsula – a magical, unspoilt place and the epitome of the road less travelled.
Looking for 10 nights..? Why not add a 3-night stay at a hotel in another part of the island to your holiday. To find out more, view our 10-night holidays in Greece.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Crete
- 5 suites
- Lower level (2 bedrooms) – Harmonia, Hera
- Upper level (1 bedroom) – Demeter, Aphrodite
- Top floor (1 bedroom) – Calypso penthouse
Suites Demeter, Aphrodite and Calypso can be interconnected to sleep up to six people.
All suites (see separate Suites tab for individual details and photographs)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Smart TV
- Kitchen with dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, oven, full hob and Nespresso machine
- Two sun loungers
- En-suite shower room with double basin and WC
- Daily breakfast served in the suite
- Cleaning available on request
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 1042K012A0204501 and 1042K010G162400
- In Greece, a nominal visitor tax applies, known as the Overnight Stay Tax, which varies depending on the accommodation. During your stay at Porto Loutro On The Hill, €0.50 per night per room must be paid locally in cash and will be collected either by the hotel owner or our local representative on their behalf.
Hotel access times
- Check-in time – 4pm
- Check-out time – 10am
- Beach (Pachia Ammos) 10min walk
- Taverna/restaurants/shops (Paleochora) 10min walk
- Paleochora Old Town 15min walk
- Bike hire 15min walk
- Boat trips 15min walk
- Grammeno Beach 7min drive
- Chania airport 1hr 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C2, Fiat Grande Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group D2, Hyundai i30 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C2 – 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D2 – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group CA – Automatic Fiat Grande Punto or similar, 1.2-1.4 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group D3 – Skoda Octavia or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group DA3 – Automatic Seat Toledo or similar, 1.4 - 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group L2 – Skoda Yeti or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
The soaring White Mountains, known in Greek as the Lefka Ori, are at the heart of West Crete’s dramatically beautiful landscape and the villages in their foothills offer traditional Cretan fare in glorious abundance – that’s if Chania’s twinkling harbour lights and waterfront dining don’t entice you first. Spring brings an abundance of flowers, turning hiking trails and gorges into welcome destinations for walkers, and in summer, the many beaches offer sun worshippers a choice of scenic locations to spread their towels.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Crete
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions