In this section...
- Stylish country hotel
- Relaxed and intimate
- Shared heated swimming pool
- Bonifacio 15-minute drive
Tucked away in the fragrant maquis close to Bonifacio, this stylish intimate 10-suite hotel describes itself as a ‘home from home’, though in reality not many of us can claim an infinity pool in the back garden or a magnificent white sand beach at the end of the road.
There is definitely a relaxed and intimate atmosphere however, thanks to thoughtful touches such as the mini-bar, Nespresso machine and wifi in the bedrooms. Breakfast is a feast of local produce, served either in your room, on the pool terrace or at the huge, communal dining table, as the mood takes you. The views and sense of space are supremely relaxing, but should any trace of stress remain, an indulgent beauty or massage treatment or an exhilarating day out on one of the hotel’s own private boats should take care of it.
Corsica’s most famous beaches – Palombaggia, Santa Giulia and La Rondinara – are around 20 minutes away by car, but if you prefer to let someone else do the driving, hotel staff will take you in their beach buggy to the secluded white sands of Canneto, where your only other companions are likely to be those who have arrived by yacht. For an evening out or a spot of shopping, atmospheric Bonifacio is an easy 15 minutes away by car.
- 2 junior suites
- 8 suites Vue Maquis
- Junior suites with open-plan shower rooms, separate WC
- Suites Vue Maquis with en-suite shower rooms and separate WC (can be interconnected on request), with sea/country views and terrace/balcony
- All double suites (limited twin beds, available on request)
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- Bluetooth speakers
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Mini-bar (payable locally)
- Heated swimming pool 8m x 8m (depth 1.1m – 1.9m)
- Breakfast included
- Lunch and dinner on request and can be served by the pool or on your own terrace
- Snacks available throughout the day between 11:30am-8:00pm (cold meats, Corsican cheeses, salads and sandwiches, ice cream and fruit juices)
- Not suitable for wheelchair users due to different levels accessed only by steps
- Beauty treatments and massages available on request
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 4.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Check-in time – 3.00pm
- Check-out time – 10.00am
- Canetto Beach 10min drive
- Restaurant 10min drive
- Bonifacio 15min drive
- Santa Manza 15min drive
- Figari airport 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Peugeot 2008 or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008, and 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, and 1 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic or similar, or similar*
- 11 guests – 2 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic, and 1 Group C, Peugeot 2008, or similar*
- 12-13 guests – 2 Group K, Renault Grand Scenic, and 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D - Peugeot 3008 or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcase*
Group E – SUV Automatic Toyota CHR Hybrid or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group F – Ford Mondeo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
Group G – Audi A3 Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Peugeot 308 GPS or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group N – 9-seater Toyota Proace or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group X - Citroen Berlingo or similar, 1-1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 1 small suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Hotel Version Maquis was fabulous and spotlessly clean. Staff were so friendly and helpful. We were taken to the beach nearby in their buggy on the second day which was fun. The pool was clean with great views over the maquis. The info book left for us was very comprehensive telling us of drives which were incredible. Stunning scenery and lots to do. Plenty of restaurants in Bonifacio to choose from. We loved it and will definitely return.
Mrs Pritchard – September 2016
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Just across the water from Sardinia, history takes a cosmopolitan turn in the winding streets, imposing citadels and elegant marinas of Bonifacio and Porto Vecchio. A luxury holiday here comes with no shortage of style, and plenty of restaurants, cafés, boutiques and museums. Not far away, you'll also find the family-friendly beaches of Pinarello and pine-shaded Palombaggia, as well as the white sands of Santa Giulia and chic St Cyprien.
View holiday Booking Conditions