In this section...
- Charming Old Town setting
- Private courtyard
- Roof terrace with sea views
- Short stroll to restaurants, bars and beach clubs
Look forward to 2023... The majority of our 2023 holidays are now ready to book. Where prices are not yet available, please secure your preferred dates using our Advance Registration scheme.
Flower-bedecked and full of character, Minik Cottage is not your average Kalkan holiday home. In contrast to the palatial villas that have sprung up around the bay over the last 20 years, this traditional little house in the Old Town wears its history with pride, from the Ottoman-style wooden balcony to the charming roof-level terrace.
Whilst the exterior may be authentically old-Kalkan, once inside you'll find an appealing blend of modern and traditional style, with a well-equipped kitchen and a tasteful, uncluttered living/dining space. The private courtyard on the ground floor is a beautiful spot to sit out and enjoy a drink or a meal surrounded by fragrant jasmine and the bold colours of plumbago and bougainvillea, whilst the delightful second floor terrace enjoys views across the rooftops to the sea. Put your feet up by day and as the sun sets behind the mountains watch the bright lights of Kalkan flicker into life, bringing the promise of another atmospheric evening in this most vibrant and cosmopolitan of towns.
Tucked away in a modest back street, Minik Cottage sits in one of the quieter enclaves in the Old Town, removed enough not to be in the very thick of it, yet close enough to know the beating heart of the place is just around the corner. For those looking to make the most of everything it has to offer, you really couldn’t be better placed. Kalkan’s legendary roof-top restaurants take great pride in offering some of the finest cuisine you could hope to find and down by the harbour, an upmarket selection of bars serve elegant cocktails in sophisticated surroundings.
By day, Indigo Beach Club (free entry for Simpson Travel guests) is just a five-minute walk along the front, or there are boats to whisk you across the bay to Palm Beach or the ultra-classy Mahal Beach Club in less than ten minutes. Minik Cottage is ideal for a couple or a family with older children looking for the convenience and ambiance of a central location, with all the charm and originality of a stay in a genuine Turkish home.
Looking for 10 nights..? Why not add a 3-night stay in a boutique hotel to your villa holiday. To find out more, view our 10-night holidays in Turkey.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
All guests staying in Kalkan are treated to a complimentary Turkish bath (hamam) treatment in the Kalkan Regency hotel's renowned spa and a day trip on the hotel’s traditional gület boat, Poseidon, with lunch and a welcome glass of bubbles included (additional drinks will need to be paid for on board). Tea/coffee and cakes will be served in the afternoon. Please speak to your local representative on arrival to confirm your bookings. Simpson Travel guests also enjoy free entry to Indigo Beach Club and a 5% reduction on any purchase at the Palm Beach Club. View full details on our blog.
- 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Entrance hallway
- Kitchen area with oven, hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher; door onto private enclosed courtyard
- Open plan lounge/dining area
- Shower room
- Double bedroom and door to balcony
- Small double bedroom
- Shower room
- Access to roof terrace with sunbeds and outdoor shower
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Washing machine
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Unsuitable for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues due to narrow access and number of steps
- Optional meze delivery service on arrival (7 different mezes, £11pp, minimum order 2 persons)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Situated in Kalkan Old Town
- Restaurants, shops, bars less than 1min walk
- Kalkan harbour/beach 1min walk
- Indigo Beach Club 5min walk
- Mahal Beach Club by sea taxi from Kalkan Harbour 10min journey
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Kitty Mitchell, our Kalkan rep, was absolutely fantastic - the best overseas rep we have had during ten years of Simpson travel. So helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and full of local top tips.
Julie Crick, May 2022
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Set against a breathtaking mountain backdrop, Kalkan sits on Turkey’s stunning Turquoise Coast: a cosmopolitan, vibrant resort perfect for exploring the timeless beauty of ancient Lycia's pine-clad shores. The pretty town centre is a treasure trove of narrow streets, whitewashed Ottoman Greek houses and inviting boutiques. It's also famous for its harbourside lounge bars and rooftop restaurants serving a variety of delicious food with impeccable service.
Our guests return to Kalkan year after year. To find out why, visit our collection of luxury villas and hotels – and, if you book your Kalkan holiday with Simpson Travel, we'll include a complimentary hamam experience and a day trip along the Turquoise Coast in a traditional wooden gület. Find out more here.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Kalkan
BookingMultiple.mustache file to be converted
View holiday Booking Conditions