In this section...
- Romantic retreat
- Stunning views
- Village setting
- Stylish and spacious interiors
- Short walk to restaurants
This romantically-situated villa on the edge of charming Islamlar offers very generous space for two, nestled into a pretty little garden with breathtaking valley views. Virtually the whole of one side of the villa is floor-to-ceiling glass, filling the rooms with southern sunshine and offering stunning views across the pool to the green forested hills beyond, even from the shower! The house is comfortably equipped to contemporary standards, with patterned floor tiles lending a touch of local style.
Your holiday at Yasemin Evi includes a hire car, but with so much within walking distance you may prefer to explore on foot. Islamlar village is just a 10 to 12-minute walk away, where you’ll find plenty of local shops and a choice of restaurants, many with fresh mountain trout on the menu. The walk takes you past traditional village houses, grapevines and open farmland, a timeless landscape that feels deliciously removed from the distractions of modern life. For a rather more strenuous leg stretch, the celebrated Lycian walking trail runs past Islamlar, with a path leading all the way to Patara beach (16km). There are much easier routes to the sea of course; drive or take a taxi to Kalkan (around 15 minutes) for an afternoon lazing at a beach club or dinner in one of its renowned rooftop restaurants.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Islamlar & Üzümlü
- 1 bedroom villa (sleeps 1-2)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English-speaking news channels), DVD player, leads to garden and pool
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, water cooler, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, leads to garden and pool
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Private swimming pool 3.5m x 6.5m (depth 1.75m throughout), accessed via Roman steps
- Meal delivery service available from local restaurants
- 35 steps up to front door
- Partially paved countryside road leads up to villa
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
British passport holders travelling to Turkey require a tourist visa in advance of travel. The visa is issued via the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System at the following website www.evisa.gov.tr and is charged at USD20. Please refer to www.evisa.gov.tr or the Turkish Consulate if you do not hold a British passport. Please note that passports need to be valid for six months or more from your return date to the UK.
- Village restaurants (Islamlar) 15min walk downhill
- Kalkan (shops/restaurants/beach clubs)15min drive
- Patara beach 25min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Opel Astra saloon automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
*Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
Islamlar is such a relaxing place for a holiday and Yasemin Evi is a special place to stay – very private and secluded but within walking distance of shops and excellent local restaurants. It's several degrees cooler in Islamlar than at the coast – be aware it's a very hilly area – and we appreciated being able to escape from the bustle and the heat with the villa's floor to ceiling windows wide open bringing the outdoors in and letting the breeze blow through. Kirsti, our Simpson rep, provided a wealth of useful tips and suggestions for our stay and was easy to get hold of when we had queries. Following her advice, we enjoyed a diverse range of experiences in this fascinating area. Having a car was essential, but it was easy to get around and we didn't have to travel far to experience them all, leaving plenty of time to relax back at the villa. This was our second Simpson Travel holiday, and it won't be our last.
Helen & John – September 2019
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A pretty mountain village just above Kalkan Bay, Islamlar is a place of bucolic tranquillity and rustic architecture set against the dramatic backdrop of the Taurus Mountains. In the heart of Islamlar you will still find a truly traditional way of life, unchanged throughout the centuries: an old tea house, a bakery where flour is still ground by millstones and shepherds herding their sheep among the olive trees.
Nearby is Islamlar’s even sleepier neighbour, Üzümlü. This traditional village is wonderfully unspoilt – a place where you can fully immerse yourself in the every-day comings and goings of rural Turkey.
But should you wish to experience a more cosmopolitan expression of Turkish hospitality, Kalkan with its beach clubs, vibrant waterfront bars and rooftop restaurants, is just a short drive away, giving you the best of all worlds.
To complete the picture, visit our handpicked selection of lovely villas in Islamlar & Üzümlü.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Islamlar & Üzümlü
View holiday Booking Conditions