In this section...
- Spacious family villa
- Generous entertaining space
- Outdoor kitchen
- Private heated swimming pool
- Monopoli/Conversano 15-minute drive
- Complimentary lunch or dinner in Monopoli
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
+39 391 7265463.
Villa Rudy is a comfortable family villa, set in quiet countryside between Castellana Grotte and Monopoli offering easy access to the beach clubs of Capitolo and the charming towns and villages of the Valle d’Itria.
The name Rudy has been in the family for generations and downstairs in the spacious living area the original sign, ‘Gran Caffè Rudy 1860’ sits above a bar-area dedicated to their popular ancestral café in Monopoli. In fact, the whole villa is a tribute to good living and good times, with plenty of entertaining space and a wireless speaker system inside and out, a kitchen on both ground and first floor levels and a further outdoor kitchen, perfect for barbecues and evenings by the generous heated pool.
The well-maintained gardens are fully enclosed and a real feature of the property, with emerald lawns, striking architectural features, an elegant fountain and decorative lighting from Grottaglie ceramics, the local business whose distinctive pottery is celebrated throughout Puglia. Soft-seating areas thoughtfully positioned around the plot allow guests to spread out in style and a wonderful veranda on the first floor, accessible from both house and garden, is a charming spot for enjoying a convivial meal with family and friends.
Inside, comfortable furnishing and pretty décor creates a relaxed homely atmosphere and the practical layout offers three en-suite bedrooms on the first floor and a stylish master suite on the second floor, where a cosy eaves room with a cot and kitchenette is a useful addition for anyone travelling with babes in arms.
Villa Rudy makes an excellent base for a restful holiday and is well-placed for exploring the many attractions of this lovely region. Inland, the UNESCO listed site of Alberobello is under half an hour away and over on the Adriatic coast, the stunning cliff-top town of Polignano a Mare can be reached in around 25-minutes. Day trips to the baroque city of Lecce or the extraordinary town of Matera are also easy to navigate and our local concierge is happy to make recommendations for suitable stop-offs on the way.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, ice machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Shower room
- Living room
- Kitchen with oven, hob, small fridge, water dispenser
- 2 double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms
- Double bedroom (can be converted into a twin on request) with en-suite shower room
- Terrace for outdoor dining
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and separate shower
- Kitchenette with induction hob, mini-fridge
- Complimentary lunch or dinner (‘taster’ menu including wine) offered at Il Cavaliere restaurant in Monopoli
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Wireless music system (indoor and outdoor) with Spotify
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Outdoor kitchen
- Shaded dining area
- Private heated swimming pool 11 x 5m (depth 1m – 2m)
- Outdoor and indoor steps (unsuitable for guests with limited mobility)
- Unpaved concrete road leads to villa
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BA07201791000005109
- Nearest mini-market/restaurant 8min drive
- Castellana Grotte 13min drive
- Monopoli (shops, restaurants, cafés, larger supermarkets) 15min drive
- Conversano 15min drive
- Polignano a Mare 20min drive
- Alberobello 25min drive
- Ostuni 45min drive
- Bari 50min drive
- Bari airport 55min drive
- Brindisi airport 1hr drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Villa Rudy is a very comfortable and spacious villa with excellent facilities and lovely gardens and a wonderful heated pool, located in a quiet rural setting. It was ideal for us holidaying as a family with our baby grandson where the villa was very much the centre of our holiday. Excellent service provided by Francesco, Maurizia and Simona who sorted out any issues very quickly.
Roy Polley – September 2020
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions