In this section...
- Elegant historic villa
- Spacious and comfortable
- Outstanding outdoor area
- Restaurant 6-minute drive
- Monopoli/Conversano 15-minute drive
An elegant oasis not far from the coast, Villa Favorita was once owned by the Baron of Monopoli, an upmarket town just a 15-minute drive away. As a faithful restoration of his 19th-century home, it's recaptured all the original style and grace, from the floor tiles to the furniture, some of it the Baron’s own. It’s a simply beautiful place to stay and, behind its wrought iron gates, the keeper of some rather opulent secrets…
The first is a summer kitchen, alongside the private pool, that’s so generously equipped (including an oven, fridge, coffee machine, microwave, dishwasher and state-of-the-art Green Egg barbecue) that you could spend your lazy summer days entirely outside. Beside it, there’s a dining table, pool table and sitting area, complete with an original 17th-century Florentine fireplace. And because this is a villa that thinks of everything, there’s also a romantic pergola, draped with sheer white curtains for the most serene of siestas.
The second of Villa Favorita’s secrets is downstairs, where olive oil and wine were once produced – a vast, vaulted, tranquil space reached by a sweeping staircase. It’s surprisingly easy to miss, access being through a small door from the kitchen or a separate entrance outside – but that makes it even more magical: a secret, luminous world with antique furniture, delicate ornaments, piles of soft cushions and an en-suite double bedroom with a separate bath carved from a single block of stone. This fabulous space encapsulates the essence of the villa: it’s a place to retreat to and luxuriate in.
Back upstairs, you’ll find a double and twin room which share an onyx and marble bathroom and a very liveable kitchen-dining area – and, in the spirit of being thoroughly spoilt, you can ask for a chef to cook for you. Choose to dine inside or out – barbecue nights are particularly popular and children are more than welcome to pitch in with the preparation.
Should you wish to go exploring, Villa Favorita is just off a minor road, making it easy to reach the beaches and upmarket beach clubs just a short drive away, whilst the historic towns of Alberobello (famous for its trulli houses), Castellana Grotte, Polignano a Mare and the ‘White City’ of Ostuni place history, culture and some exceptional restaurants all within easy reach.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan dining/kitchen area with TV
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, microwave, espresso machine, two fridges with freezer compartments, dishwasher
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom (beds can be configured into a double on request)
- Bathroom with shower and bath
Lower ground floor
- Living area with flat screen TV
- Double bedroom with stone bath and en-suite shower room
- Dressing room
- Shower room
- Electric entrance gates
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Insect screens on all windows
- Laundry room
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- 2 outside dining areas
- Outdoor fireplace
- Summer kitchen includes electric oven, microwave, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Green Egg barbecue
- Pool table
- Pergola with seating
- Outside shower and facilities
- Private swimming pool 15m x 8m (depth 1.20 – 2.20m)
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
- Deposit of 30% of the total package price is required to book this holiday
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4-8pm
- Check out time – 10am
- Triggianello (mini-market/bar/restaurant/bakery) 6min drive
- Monopoli (shops/supermarkets/restaurants) 15min drive
- Conversano (shops/supermarkets/restaurants) 15min drive
- Alberobello 30min drive
- Ostuni 40min drive
- Spiaggia di Porto Ghiacciolo beach 15min drive
- Polignano a Mare beach 20min drive
- Bari 45min drive
- Bari airport 50min drive
- Brindisi airport 50min drive
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat Panda or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Lancia Ypsilon or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Volkswagen Golf or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Volkswagen Golf AUT or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 group C, Lancia Ypsilon or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group C – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
As the gates opened, Francesco was there to welcome us. He enthusiastically showed us around Villa Favorita which is a peaceful haven away from the hectic life in the UK. The pool and facilities were amazing and night times very quiet. Francesco was an amazing host.
Alison, Mary, Aimee, Millie & Liz – June 2018
Thank you to Francesco for all the effort he made to welcome us to Villa Favorita as well as the information on points of local interests, restaurants, etc. The villa is lovely and so comfortable, even if we did spend most of our time by the pool. I do hope to return as it could not have been more perfect.
Clive Mackay – June 2018
Villa Favorita – absolute perfection and a magnificent building. It was a pleasure to stay there for a week – I wish it could have been longer. Thank you to Francesco and his team, they are certainly on top of their game – I am mightily impressed with their organisational skills.
Eileen Jackson – June 2018
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
View holiday Booking Conditions