In this section...
- Elegant historic villa
- Spacious and comfortable
- Heated swimming pool
- Exceptional outdoor area
- Complimentary traditional dinner
- Restaurant 6-minute drive
- Monopoli/Conversano 15-minute drive
Book with confidence...
Read our Covid-19 pledge to find out how you and your money are protected.
An elegant oasis not far from the coast, Villa Favorita was once owned by the Baron of Monopoli, an upmarket town just a 15-minute drive away. As a faithful restoration of his 19th-century home, it's recaptured all the original style and grace, from the floor tiles to the furniture, some of it the Baron’s own. It’s a simply beautiful place to stay and, behind its wrought iron gates, the keeper of some rather opulent secrets…
The first is a summer kitchen, alongside the private pool, that’s so generously equipped (including an oven, fridge, coffee machine, microwave, dishwasher and state-of-the-art Green Egg barbecue) that you could spend your lazy summer days entirely outside. Beside it, there’s a dining table, pool table and sitting area, complete with an original 17th-century Florentine fireplace. And because this is a villa that thinks of everything, there’s also a romantic pergola, draped with sheer white curtains for the most serene of siestas.
The second of Villa Favorita’s secrets is downstairs, where olive oil and wine were once produced – a vast, vaulted, tranquil space reached by a sweeping staircase. It’s surprisingly easy to miss, access being through a small door from the kitchen or a separate entrance outside – but that makes it even more magical: a secret, luminous world with antique furniture, delicate ornaments, piles of soft cushions and an en-suite double bedroom with a separate bath carved from a single block of stone. This fabulous space encapsulates the essence of the villa: it’s a place to luxuriate in life's elegant pleasures and a wonderful platform bed in the living area, serves as an enticing retreat for children and teens.
Back upstairs, you’ll find a double and twin room which share an onyx and marble bathroom and a very liveable kitchen-dining area – and, in the spirit of being thoroughly spoilt, the villa owner includes a complimentary dinner for everyone who stays here. You can also request a chef to cook for you at other times; whether you choose to dine inside or out barbecue nights are particularly popular, with children more than welcome to pitch in with the preparation.
Should you wish to go exploring, Villa Favorita is just off a minor road, making it easy to reach the beaches and upmarket beach clubs just a short drive away, whilst the historic towns of Alberobello (famous for its trulli houses), Castellana Grotte, Polignano a Mare and the ‘White City’ of Ostuni place history, culture and some exceptional restaurants all within easy reach.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 3-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Open-plan dining/kitchen area with TV
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, microwave, espresso machine, two fridges with freezer compartments, dishwasher
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom (beds can be configured into a double on request)
- Bathroom with shower and bath
Lower ground floor
- Living area with flat screen TV
- Double bedroom with stone bath and en-suite shower room
- Large platform bed in living area suitable for two children or teenagers
- Dressing room
- Shower room
- Electric entrance gates
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Insect screens on all windows
- Laundry room
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- 2 outside dining areas
- Outdoor fireplace
- Complimentary traditional Puglian dinner
- Summer kitchen includes electric oven, microwave, filter coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Green Egg barbecue
- Pool table
- Pergola with seating
- Outside shower and facilities
- Private swimming pool 15m x 8m (depth 1.20 – 2.20m)
- Pool is heated up to 25°C, pool temperature can be increased to 30°C for €150/week (payable locally)
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BA07203032000017615
- Check in time – 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Check out time – 10:00am
- Triggianello (mini-market/bar/restaurant/bakery) 6min drive
- Monopoli (shops/supermarkets/restaurants) 15min drive
- Conversano (shops/supermarkets/restaurants) 15min drive
- Alberobello 30min drive
- Ostuni 40min drive
- Spiaggia di Porto Ghiacciolo beach 15min drive
- Polignano a Mare beach 20min drive
- Bari 45min drive
- Bari airport 50min drive
- Brindisi airport 50min drive
Our villas in Italy are sold on an accommodation-only basis, allowing you the flexibility to choose the best flights for you. Our specialists will happily advise on routes and airlines, alternatively please find our flying guide here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess and additional second driver.
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
What an amazing place to stay! We loved every minute of our week at Villa Favorita. The pool and outside area were just spectacular. Glad we had it heated though as it offered us hours of fun playing in the water. Great area to explore – loved Monopoli, Conversano, Polignano a Mare, Locorotondo, Alberobello, etc. So many lovely places and so unspoilt. Many thanks to Angela and Francesco for all their help. So attentive and quick to respond. We will certainly return to this lovely villa.
The Kitson/Dux families – September 2020
Thanks for a great two weeks in Puglia. Fantastic being able to escape and it's so well positioned to explore this lovely part of Italy. We appreciated all the advice and warm welcome and we would love to return.
Mark, Julie, Alex & Evie – August 2019
Thank you so much for a fabulous stay at Villa Favorita. The accommodation is beautiful and idyllic which is just what we needed to recharge our batteries. Francesco – thank you for all your help and providing a perfect start to our holiday. Our thanks to Angela for sorting out our minor concerns at short notice. It has been a fantastic holiday and we will definitely return.
Huw, Bev, Daniel & Toby – August 2019
We have stayed in many villas over the years but Villa Favorita was outstanding!
Michele Crisp – June 2019
We were looking for the perfect place to relax, switch off and take a break from the world….and we found it, right here. Absolutely faultless, everything you could wish for and more. Absolutely loved every aspect of this truly magnificent and unique villa. We hope to return and enjoy the focaccia and tomatoes – heaven. Thank you so much to Francesco who makes this place sparkle!
Angela & Nicholas – May 2019
What a wonderful week we had in this glorious place. We just didn’t have enough time to enjoy all the things on offer. The highlights for us were a visit to the old town of Monopoli and an early morning trip to Alberobello. Above all, family pool fun, billiards and lovely meals and wine. Our thanks to Francesco and the team for making sure that everything was perfect at Villa Favorita.
Musgraves, Jacksons & Harper – August 2018
We would use Simpson Travel again and again. Villa Favorita is amazing and the Simpson Travel representative, Francesco, was just wonderful. No negatives, just an exceptional service.
Julia Jackson – June 2018
As the gates opened, Francesco was there to welcome us. He enthusiastically showed us around Villa Favorita which is a peaceful haven away from the hectic life in the UK. The pool and facilities were amazing and night times very quiet. Francesco was an amazing host.
Alison, Mary, Aimee, Millie & Liz – June 2018
Villa Favorita – absolute perfection and a magnificent building. It was a pleasure to stay there for a week – I wish it could have been longer. Thank you to Francesco and his team, they are certainly on top of their game – I am mightily impressed with their organisational skills.
Eileen Jackson – June 2018
Thank you to Francesco for all the effort he made to welcome us to Villa Favorita as well as the information on points of local interests, restaurants, etc. The villa is lovely and so comfortable, even if we did spend most of our time by the pool. I do hope to return as it could not have been more perfect.
Clive Mackay – June 2018
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions