In this section...
- Spacious contemporary villa
- Panoramic sea view
- Large lawned garden
- Polignano a Mare beach 10-minute drive
Early bird offer... Many of our 2022 holidays are now on sale and we're promising this year's prices when you book before 30 June 2021. The offer only applies to properties where 2022 prices are listed but all other properties can still be reserved online using our Advance Registration scheme.
+39 391 7265463.
Just a ten-minute drive from the centre of vibrant Polignano a Mare, and with some of Puglia’s most unique attractions nearby, few locations exceed expectations quite so memorably. However, Villa Flavia, a combination of pared-down Scandinavian minimalism and contemporary Italian flair, is more than a match for its location, with an expansive garden and beautiful free-form infinity pool, along with all the peace and quiet you could wish for.
Space and light are the essence of this contemporary villa, the owners’ ‘less is more’ vision, brought to life with the help of a dedicated team of architects and engineers. Large windows and floor-to-ceiling glass doors invite the sunshine in at every opportunity, so even if you choose to eat inside rather than out on the covered dining area, there’s not a dark corner in sight. High ceilings, pale tiled floors and natural wood, polished to a shine, only enhance the overall effect of lightness and brightness.
Outside, in addition to a generous terrace, the large lawned garden is a showcase of traditional Mediterranean plants and flowers, including fig, orange and olive trees. The swimming pool is gently shelving, perfect for laid-back relaxation when the view out to the blue horizon, a meeting of sky and sea, isn’t enough to soothe you. And for an extra indulgence during your stay, a number of additional services paid for locally are also available, from private chefs to in-villa massages. You can book them through our local concierge.
The local area
Villa Flavia offers you the perfect base from which to explore the Blue Flag beaches and beach clubs around Polignano a Mare. This coastal town, its picturesque Old Town perched on a cliff edge, is an artistic centre as well as a venue in the annual Red Bull Cliff Diving competition. Whilst your nearest restaurant is just a two-minute drive way for the villa, Polignano also offers a choice of excellent restaurants and plenty of history to tantalise those with a fondness for ancient churches and narrow winding streets. It’s one of many fascinating towns in the area. Another is Alberobello in the unspoilt Val d’Itria, home to the famous trulli village, the ancient conical buildings that are a hallmark of this fascinating destination.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan dining/kitchen/living room, opens out to outdoor dining area
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Bedroom 1 - Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 2 - Single bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 3 - Single bedroom accessed via bedroom 2, opens onto garden
First floor (via internal spiral staircase or external stairs)
- Bedroom 4 - Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, opens onto balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Electric entrance gates
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Washing machine (in ground floor shower room)
- Outdoor dining area
- There are some open staircase and walls that are lower than 1m in height, so children should be supervised at all times
- Private swimming pool 13m x 10m (depth 0.80m – 3m)
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4:00 - 8:00pm
- Check out time – 10:00am
- Triggianello (mini-market/bar/restaurant/bakery) 9min drive
- Polignano a Mare beach 14min drive
- Cala Susca beach 16min drive
- Conversano (shops/supermarkets/restaurants) 16min drive
- Monopoli (shops/supermarkets/restaurants) 20min drive
- Spiaggia di Porto Ghiacciolo beach 25min drive
- Alberobello 35min drive
- Bari 40min drive
- Ostuni 45min drive
- Bari airport 45min drive
- Brindisi airport 1hr drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Had a great few weeks in the villa and Puglia. Francesco was a brilliant rep with lots of excellent recommendations. Highlights were Ostuni (busy) and Locorotondo (as pretty with less people) plus wine tasking at I Portini and olive oil tour and tasking at Masseria Bracanti (the last tour the children enjoyed a surprising amount!!). Polignano also nice to wander around and have a drink or even to jump off the rocks if feeling brave! However, always hard not to keep coming back to the swimming pool.
The Cruise family – August 2019
We had a perfect week in Villa Flavia. First time in Italy and we will definitely be coming back! Francesco was an amazing rep and helped with book a boat and getting a birthday cake. The local town is lovely – most restaurants are all Mediterranean food – hard to find a restaurant if you don’t enjoy fish. Overall the weather and pool was brilliant.
The Manley family – July 2019
Villa Flavia is beautiful, with an amazing pool and gardens. Full of flowers, bees, fruit! Our rep, Francesco, was extremely helpful and responsive. The villa is peaceful and charming – it is really difficult to leave the villa!
Mr & Mrs Edgar – June 2019
We’ve had a fantastic holiday. We so enjoyed the pool and garden and will take home great memories. A big thank you to Francesco for settling us in and always around if we needed him. A holiday to remember – love Italy.
The Kirbys – June 2019
We had an amazing two week holiday in Villa Flavia. The pool is fabulous and we made the most of it with the gorgeous weather. The villa is wonderful too and we enjoyed it all. It really was a fabulous holiday and Francesco, the Simpson Travel representative, was superb throughout – booking dinners and events for us and always there when we needed him. All in all we had a wonderful holiday and came home with lots of happy memories.
The Stewart Clan – August 2018
Thank you for our holiday in beautiful Villa Flavia. We enjoyed every minute. Puglia is a gorgeous region and this villa is in the perfect location to explore the nearby towns, villages and countryside. Thank you also to Francesco, the Simpson Travel representative, who helped us settle in, gave us fantastic tips and booked us tables at lovely restaurants and beach clubs.
The Law-Keens – July 2018
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions