In this section...
- Spacious contemporary villa
- Panoramic sea view
- Large lawned garden
- Polignano a Mare beach 10-minute drive
Just a ten-minute drive from the centre of vibrant Polignano a Mare, and with some of Puglia’s most unique attractions nearby, few locations exceed expectations quite so memorably. However, Villa Flavia, a combination of pared-down Scandinavian minimalism and contemporary Italian flair, is more than a match for its location, with an expansive garden and beautiful free-form infinity pool, along with all the peace and quiet you could wish for.
Space and light are the essence of this contemporary villa, the owners’ ‘less is more’ vision, brought to life with the help of a dedicated team of architects and engineers. Large windows and floor-to-ceiling glass doors invite the sunshine in at every opportunity, so even if you choose to eat inside rather than out on the covered dining area, there’s not a dark corner in sight. High ceilings, pale tiled floors and natural wood, polished to a shine, only enhance the overall effect of lightness and brightness.
Outside, in addition to a generous terrace, the large lawned garden is a showcase of traditional Mediterranean plants and flowers, including fig, orange and olive trees. The swimming pool is gently shelving with a hydro-massage zone to encourage relaxation – if the view out to the blue horizon, a meeting of sky and sea, wasn’t enough to soothe you. And for an extra indulgence during your stay, a number of additional services, paid for locally, are also available, from private chefs to in-villa massages. You can book them through our local representative.
The local area
For families and groups of couples travelling together, Villa Flavia offers you the perfect base from which to explore the Blue Flag beaches and beach clubs around Polignano a Mare. This coastal town, its picturesque Old Town perched on a cliff edge, is an artistic centre as well as a venue in the annual Red Bull Cliff Diving competition. Whilst your nearest restaurant is just a two-minute drive way for the villa, Polignano also offers a choice of excellent restaurants and plenty of history to tantalise those with a fondness for ancient churches and narrow winding streets. It’s one of many fascinating towns in the area. Another is Alberobello in the unspoilt Val d’Itria, home to the famous trulli village, the ancient conical buildings that are a hallmark of this fascinating destination.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan dining/kitchen/living room, opens out to outdoor dining area
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom (can be converted into a twin on request) with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, opens out to terrace
- Complimentary wi-fi
- Electric entrance gates
- Air-conditioning throughout
- External washing machine
- Outdoor dining area
- There are some open staircase and walls that are lower than 1m in height, so children should be supervised at all times
- Private swimming pool 13m x 10m (depth 0.80m – 3m)
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Triggianello (mini-market/bar/restaurant/bakery) 9min drive
- Polignano a Mare beach 14min drive
- Cala Susca beach 16min drive
- Conversano (shops/supermarkets/restaurants) 16min drive
- Monopoli (shops/supermarkets/restaurants) 20min drive
- Spiaggia di Porto Ghiacciolo beach 25min drive
- Alberobello 35min drive
- Bari 40min drive
- Ostuni 45min drive
- Bari airport 45min drive
- Brindisi airport 1hr drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat Panda or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Lancia Ypsilon or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Volkswagen Golf or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Volkswagen Golf AUT or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 group C, Lancia Ypsilon or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group C – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
View holiday Booking Conditions