In this section...
- Enchanting trulli house
- Valle d’Itria location
- Flexible accommodation
- Private garden
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
Trullo Raffaella has been beautifully converted and offers well-balanced and comfortable accommodation in the magical Valle d’Itria, between the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Alberobello and the fashionable town of Martina Franca. The trulli characteristic of this area were originally designed as agricultural buildings with conical roofs and a keystone that could be quickly removed so that the structure would collapse when the tax collectors paid a visit. But nowadays, these restored little buildings are built to last, with the reassurance of cement holding the limestone tiles in place.
The simple furnishings at Trullo Raffaella allow the beauty of the building to take centre stage, with vaulted stone ceilings creating a lovely light and airy living space. Three bedrooms; a double, a twin and a single, and two separate shower rooms, mean the villa presents a flexible and appealing option for families or two couples travelling together. Outside, the pretty, enclosed garden offers a choice of terraces; one adjacent to the trullo, the other a few steps down next to the delightful pool. Both have elegant pergolas providing shade from the midday sun, making al fresco dining a pleasure at any time of day.
In Puglia, the combination of a rich cultural heritage and exceptional local produce mean you are spoilt for choice when it comes to regional highlights and dining out. The local villages of Alberobello, Martina Franca and Locorotondo all offer something special and unique, or slightly further afield, visit the dazzling white city of Ostuni, or the fantastic coastal towns of Monopoli and Polignano a Mare. The beaches of the Adriatic coast are also within easy reach of the property but whether you decide to spend lazy days at Trullo Raffaella or to venture out and explore, a stay in one of these delightful buildings is a unique and enchanting experience that is not to be missed.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-5)
- Open-plan kitchen living/dining area with TV
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- Single bedroom
- 2 shower rooms
- Complimentary WiFi
- Heating €30/day (payable locally)
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Washing machine
- Table tennis
- Pergola for outdoor dining
- Private swimming pool 10m x 5m (depth 1.3m – 2.6m), ladder access
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): TA07301361000019203
- Check-in time – 4:00pm
- Check-out time – 10:00am
- Locorotondo 10min drive
- Martina Franca (shops/bar/supermarkets/restaurants) 13min drive
- Alberobello 15min drive
- Cisternino 25min drive
- Torre Canne Beach 30min drive
- Monopoli 40min drive
- Ostuni 40min drive
- Polignano a Mare 45min drive
- Brindisi airport 1hr drive
- Bari airport 1hr 10min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
This has been a wonderful break from Covid-19. We have marvelled at Ostuni, checked out the olive oil at Masseria Brancati (Italian organic is best), tested the wine at I Pastini, seen the trulli at Alberobello and wandered round Locorotondo, and enjoyed a relaxing and peaceful week – thank you to Simpson Travel (who rescued us at the last moment from a prohibited trip to Crete) and to Rafaella and Francesco.
The Coleman family – September 2020
Trulli Raffaella was ideally located close to Alberobello, Locorotondo and Martina Franca, which we loved. The trulli was great externally with a lovely garden, pool and facilities. Our hosts were personable and helpful. Our Simpson host, Francesco, was also extremely helpful and responsive on all fronts. Puglia was a total delight and we will most definitively return. Thank you!
John & Maralyn Kitchingman – August 2020
We had an excellent time at the Trulli. It came equipped with everything we needed, including highchair and bowl for our 8-month-old baby. Raffaella even went the extra mile and bought a new travel cot for us to use. The welcome pack was very thoughtful and enough that we didn’t need to shop for food on our arrival day. I would highly recommend staying here.
Mrs Dawson – August 2019
We spent a wonderful week in this trullo – beautiful and peaceful. Enjoyed the lovely pool and lunches outside. It’s been very special being in Puglia. Thank you for everything.
The Howarth family – August 2019
What a lovely week with wonderful weather, fabulous food, delicious wine and idyllic scenery. The rhythm of the week was to enjoy being at the trulli during the day and to venture off to a local town, enjoy an aperitif before a Puglian dinner.
Debra & Nigel – June 2019
We had an amazing time. We can’t wait to return next year. Grazie mille!
Cherry, Jon & Finn – June 2019
The service and support we received from the Simpson representative was exceptional! Nothing was too much trouble and a great support if ever there was a tricky situation. The attention to detail with the welcome basket, greeting from home owners and general friendliness of all connected with Simpson Travel made our holiday so special. Thank you!
The Riddingtons – May 2019
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions