In this section...
- Imposing 18th century masseria
- Spacious elegant interiors
- Walled garden with pool
- 5-minute drive to Conversano
Book with confidence...
Read our Covid-19 pledge to find out how you and your money are protected.
The narrow country lane leading to Masseria Borgo San Benedetto is fringed with oleander giving its pretty approach an enchanting sense of a journey back to another era. In the dappled shade of the fragrant Scots pines that tower over the entrance to the grounds, attractive wrought iron gates lead onto an impressive courtyard with an abundance of charm and character.
This imposing masseria dates back to the 18th century and has been artfully restored to offer the manifold luxuries of a grand country house whilst retaining the wonderfully informal atmosphere in keeping with its humble origins. Spacious and beautifully appointed interiors are classically furnished resulting in the sort of relaxed elegance that you might expect to find in a boutique hotel, with a full-size pool table a gloriously decadent addition to the living room. Magnificent vaulted ceilings, feature fireplaces, stone flooring and ornate lighting maintain the air of rustic authenticity. Upstairs, the original kitchen area serves as a sociable space for cookery classes and informal meals served with a traditional Italian flavour. This level is also home to four sumptuous bedrooms, each with its own stylish en-suite, and there are a number of terraces with soft seating and delightful views over the fertile countryside.
A walled garden to the side of the property is the romantic backdrop to the lovely pool and makes an enchanting spot for laid-back lounging or dining. Open-air living is further enhanced in the courtyard where a large pergola, cascading with wisteria, provides shade from the midday sun and offers a magical setting for lunches enjoyed the Puglian way – slowly and in good company.
Just three kilometres from the fascinating town of Conversano and its celebrated Michelin star restaurant, Masseria Borgo San Benedetto is a tranquil haven amidst the olive groves where birdsong and the pulse of cicadas are the only interruptions to the peaceful passage of the day. Offering every home comfort and easy access to the regions many attractions, including Polignano a Mare, the Valle d’Itria and the Adriatic beaches, it is a stunning venue for a luxurious Puglian adventure.
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Living/dining area with flat screen TV (Netflix)
- Kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- 2 shower rooms (one suitable for guests with disabilities)
- Small kitchen with hob, espresso machine
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and separate shower
- Double with en-suite Jacuzzi bath and separate shower
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with overhead shower
- Double bedroom (can be converted into a twin on request) with en-suite bedroom and separate shower
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and Simpson pool/beach towels provided
- Roof terrace
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private swimming pool 10 x 7m (depth 0.70m – 1.5m), accessed by Roman steps
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BA07201942000019524
- Michelin star restaurant Pashà 8min drive
- Conversano 8min drive
- Beach 11min drive
- Cozze 14min drive
- Mola di Bari 15min drive
- Polignano 20min drive
- Monopoli 22min drive
- Alberobello 30min drive
- Bari 35min drive
- Bari airport 45min drive
- Brindisi airport 1hr 5min drive
- Matera 1hr 10min drive
- Lecce 1hr 30min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions