In this section...
- Stylish and contemporary villa
- Delightful countryside views
- Shaded balcony for al fresco dining
- Bar/restaurant 15-minute walk
- Cisternino/Ostuni 15-minute drive
Although it’s built with the same luminous stone that sets Puglia’s historic towns and villages apart, La Vista makes a decisive and stylish departure from traditional architecture. Boldly contemporary, the villa’s straight lines and crisp corners etch it out with precision against blue skies. However, if you want to escape the pace of 21st-century life, this is the place to do it.
The views are stunning and, aside from the roofs of distant trulli peeking above the olive trees and woodland of the Valle d’Itria, there’s little to disturb the feeling that the rest of the world is very far away, although Cisternino, described as one of Italy’s most beautiful towns, is less than 15 minutes by road. Here you can enjoy the luxury of numerous places from which to appreciate that unspoilt landscape: terraces, al fresco dining areas, the generous infinity pool and through the large sliding glass doors of the villa itself.
The two double rooms and a twin leading off the living-dining area are the epitome of comfortable minimalism, the whiter-than-white walls and kitchen units creating a sense of lightness and brightness and echoing the natural luminosity of the pale local stone that has made towns such as Ostuni, just 20 minutes away, some of Puglia’s most photographed.
If you want to revel in a sense of seclusion and yet have everything you need within easy reach, La Vista is an obvious choice. It’s about a 15-minute walk from Casalini for a bar and restaurants, which are best for lunch unless you take a torch as the road there is unpaved and unlit. Otherwise some of the Val d’Itria’s most celebrated towns and villages are less than half an hour away, including Locorotondo, Cisternino, Martina Franca and impressive Ostuni, as are sandy Torre Canne beach and the White Ostuni Beach Club. A few minutes more on the road and you’ll reach Alberobello, the UNESCO-listed home of many of Puglia’s famous trulli houses and enchanting in every way, with plenty of shops and restaurants to explore once you’ve soaked up the history.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area, sliding glass doors open to terrace
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Double bedroom; door opens to terrace
- Twin bedroom (beds can be configured into a double bed on request) with balcony
- Shower room
Lower Ground Floor
- Laundry room with washing machine
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath and pool towels provided
- Balcony for outdoor dining
- Heated private swimming pool 12m x 4m (depth 1.1m – 1.5m), heated in May and October
- Some drops and walls that are lower than 1m so children should be supervised at all times
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Check in time – 4-8pm
- Check out time – 10am
- Casalini (bar/restaurant/mini-market) 15min walk (road unpaved and not lit at night) or 5min drive
- Cisternino (shops/restaurants/supermarket) 15min drive
- Ostuni 15min drive
- Locorotondo 20min drive
- Torre Canne beach 30min drive
- Savelletri beach clubs 30min drive
- Alberobello 30min drive
- Monopoli 35min drive
- Brindisi airport 45min drive
- Bari airport 1hr 20min drive
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat Panda or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Lancia Ypsilon or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Volkswagen Golf or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Volkswagen Golf AUT or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 group C, Lancia Ypsilon or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 small suitcases*
Group C – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
View holiday Booking Conditions