In this section...
- Enchanting trulli house
- Val d’Itria location
- Picturesque garden
- Private pool
In a peaceful rural setting, equidistant from the glorious white city of Ostuni, charming Cisternino and fashionable Martina Franca, this converted trulli house has been beautifully restored and renovated with artistic flair and loving attention to detail. The vaulted ceilings, simple elegant furnishings and use of Apulian stone give the inviting interior a warm, up-lifting feel, with natural materials used throughout to further enhance its appeal. The comfortably arranged accommodation is on a single level and offers three bedrooms (two en-suite), spacious living and dining areas and a charming fully-fitted kitchen with delightful views over the Puglian countryside and the villa’s elegant pool terrace.
Outside, the picturesque gardens are a harmonious blend of traditional Mediterranean planting, pretty pathways lined with lavender, and the fragrant aromas of rosemary, citrus and thyme. A lovely open terrace affords ample space for lounging and dining with an attractive shaded area for leisurely al fresco lunches away from the midday sun.
The Val d’Itria is one of Puglia’s most sought-after locations and the region’s highlights are all within easy driving distance of the property. Martina Franca, Locorotondo, Fasano and the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Alberobello all offer a unique insight into Puglia’s rich cultural history and there are some charming restaurants tucked away amongst the narrow streets of the historic town centres. Explore on foot, or hire a bicycle and enjoy the beautiful 30km trail that meanders through this magical part of the Val d’Itria connecting some of its ancient towns and villages. The dazzling hill-top town of Ostuni, is also close by; rising up from the Puglian landscape, it is well worth the climb to the top to enjoy a cooling gelato and the mesmerising views. The sandy beaches of the Adriatic coast, with their crystal-clear waters and well-equipped beach clubs, are within a 20-minute drive and the stunning coastal towns of Monopoli and Polignano a Mare are accessible in around half an hour. For day trips, the baroque wonders of Lecce and extraordinary limestone cave dwellings in Matera can be reached in less than an hour and a half. But whether you decide to spend your days relaxing at Trulli Gianpaolo, or to venture out and explore, a stay in this delightful villa is a unique and enchanting experience.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 1-5)
- Living area with sofa bed, TV (satellite channels), fireplace and direct access to the swimming pool area
- Kitchen with hob, coffee machine, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, direct access to the garden
- Double bedroom
- Small double bedroom
- Terrace with panoramic views of the Val d'Itria
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning in bedrooms only
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath towels provided
- Board games and books
- Outside compartment with washing machine
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private swimming pool 10m x 4m (depth 1.20m - 1.40m)
- Entrance driveway and large private parking area
- Unpaved concrete road leads up to villa
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BR07401232000019852
- Minimarket/café 5min drive
- Restaurant with typical homemade Apulian cuisine and pizzeria 25min walk – road unpaved and not lit at night
- Martina Franca 13min drive
- Beach 15min drive
- Cisternino 15min drive
- Ostuni 20min drive
- Brindisi airport 50min drive
- Bari airport 60min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Great week in a lovely villa. Kitty amazingly helpful for lots of thinks. Favourite place was Locorotondo. We also visited Polignano a Mare, Monopoli, Ostuni, Cisternino and Alberobello (lot of people so wander off the tourist track). All nice in their own way. The beach club, Lido Bambu, was really good, we had a great day there. Beautiful countryside to drive and explore.
The Roberts family – September 2019
Trulli Gianpaolo was exceptional and the service received from Kitty and Simona first class. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in what was a ‘Trulli’ peaceful and beautiful location! Thank you Simpson Travel for a very memorable stay.
Mark W – July 2019
Beautiful trulli villa in a beautiful, off the beaten track location.
Joanna Oliver – June 2019
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions