In this section...
- Beachfront Partner Hotel
- Unspoilt north east location
- Sea view restaurant and bar
- Gym and treatment rooms
- Walking distance to tavernas
- 12km from Zakynthos Town
Advance Registration... select your dates and reserve your 2023 holiday online, with a fully refundable deposit of £500.
Zakynthos offers some of the finest beaches in Greece, many of which attract big crowds in the height of summer. But tucked away in a peaceful spot on the charming east coast of the island, Porta del Mar sits in spacious gardens meandering down to the unspoilt shoreline; a tranquil gem fronting the clear waters and golden sands of Psarou Beach. There’s a distinctly barefoot feel to this island haven, which wouldn’t look out of place in the Caribbean with its series of open-sided terraces and thatched seating areas, set against the exquisite blue backdrop of the Ionian.
An intimate, family-run hotel with just eight traditional villas and five luxury apartments, Porta del Mar offers a variety of accommodation; from studios and 1-bedroom suites ideal for a romantic break, to spacious 2-bedroom villas, perfect for blissful family escapes. Whether contemporary or more rustic in style, all are comfortably furnished and thoughtfully designed to take full advantage of the superb seafront location with well-equipped kitchenettes and a private terrace or balcony to sit back and soak up the view.
There’s an enchanting sense of informality about the place and yet the owner’s passion for service and keen eye for detail elevates everything far above the ordinary. The hotel facilities are excellent, with a delightful infinity pool, gym, treatment rooms and superb seafront bar and restaurant serving traditional Zakynthian recipes brimming with fresh local produce. The hotel wine-cellar boasts a proud collection, and tastings can be arranged for those keen to discover the Greek wines making a name for themselves on the global stage. Cookery lessons are also available in the hotel kitchen, focussing on well-loved local dishes or, for a more Italian flavour, guests can create their own pizzas on Sunday evenings throughout the summer, cooked al fresco in the clay oven in the gardens. Porta del Mar also plays host to a weekly barbecue evening and for something extra-special the hotel staff are happy to arrange a private candlelit dinner overlooking the water, on a beautiful terrace away from the main restaurant.
Down by the sea, a number of canoes are available for hotel guests looking to take to the water and explore the stunning coastline, or a short stroll along the sand you’ll find diving and windsurfing when you’re in need of something a little more adventurous. But relaxation is the order of the day here and nothing is too much trouble for the owners of our exceptionally well-run Partner Hotel. The idyllic beachfront location, just 12km from vibrant Zakynthos Town, makes it an ideal venue for couples and families keen to explore the island but it’s equally suited to anyone simply hoping to drop and flop and enjoy some first-rate hospitality. Porta del Mar is a wonderful new addition to the Simpson portfolio - we couldn’t be happier to have found it.
- 3 one-bedroom traditional cottages (sleeps 2-4)
- 4 two-bedroom traditional cottages (sleeps 2-6)
- 1 traditional studio – Erato (sleeps 2)
- 2 one-bedroom luxury apartments (sleeps 2-4)
- 1 two-bedroom luxury apartment (sleeps 2-6)
- 2 King suites (sleeps 2)
- See Suites tab for further details
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Summer dressing gowns and slippers
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool/beach towels provided
- Baby cot and highchair (on request)
- Wheelchair access
- Daily maid service
- Twice weekly linen change
- Restaurant and bar (barbecue nights, pizza evenings)
- Outside shaded dining area
- Shared swimming pool
- Sunbeds and umbrellas
- Breakfast available upon request (paid locally)
- Canoes and bicycles available (paid locally)
- Spa treatments available
- Gift shop
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Psarou Beach directly below accommodation (accessed via steps)
- Local tavernas 5min drive
- Mini-market 5min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Ford Mondeo or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance
Group C – 1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group K – Automatic Suzuki Baleno or similar, 1.2 -1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcases*
Group P – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase
Group V – Volvo V60 Station Wagon or similar, 3 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase
Group W – Minibus 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
*Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Edgar Allen Poe described Zakynthos as 'the flower of the Levante' and today, nearly 200 years later, this multi-faceted destination remains among the least developed of the larger Greek islands. The north in particular retains a timeless feel, thanks in part to its more rugged landscape that makes travel a little slower but infinitely more rewarding. There’s beauty and drama in towering cliffs and forest-clad mountains, but also hours of family fun on golden sandy beaches. From sleepy Agios Nikolaos in the north to the vibrant capital Zakynthos Town, you’ll find luxury villas and romantic honeymoon suites in some of the island’s most idyllic locations.
View holiday Booking Conditions