In this section...
- • Luxurious contemporary design
- • Walking distances to beaches and tavernas
- • Large walled garden
- • Sought-after NE Zakynthos location
Naming your villa after the paradise reserved for heroes of Greek mythology does set rather a high bar in terms of expectations, but magnificent Villa Elysian rises confidently to the challenge. Dazzling in fresh white, its strong geometry is softened by the gnarly old olive trees in the walled garden that encircles the house, creating a contemporary oasis in this otherwise quite traditional corner of Zakynthos. Olive farming remains a vital part of the culture and economy here, and the owner’s family still tends the grove that extends beyond the garden walls. Beyond the olives are the island’s other great natural resources: sandy, gently-shelving beaches and an aquamarine sea, conveniently reachable on foot in five to 15 minutes.
Whilst sand between the toes is a singular sensory delight, it’s nothing compared with the style and glamour of Elysian’s pool and terrace, both finished in the same dark stone for a sleek and seamless look. Ultra-comfy loungers provide another reason to linger, and inside, the elegant understatement continues all the way from the living area to the master bedroom, complete with its own glass-fronted roof terrace. For younger guests, the walled, lawned gardens provide the perfect play space, with a little dappled shade from the olive trees and a small slide and swing set. Pool and garden lighting make these grounds even more seductive as darkness falls, so you could start your evening with drinks on the terrace before strolling to one of several local tavernas. For a wider choice and a more resort-style environment, Elysian is very conveniently located equidistant between Tsilivi to the south and Alykes to the north, each just a 10 to fifteen-minute drive away and both with sandy beaches to enjoy. This mid-island location also means that all the most celebrated sights, from Shipwreck Cove and the Blue Caves to Zakynthos town and the turtle nesting beaches, are between 20 and 50 minutes’ drive away.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open plan kitchen/living/dining area; sliding doors lead to terrace
- Hi-spec modern kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with en suite shower; doors leading to terrace, pool and garden
- Twin bedroom with views to rear of property and olive grove
- Shower and WC
- Double bedroom with en suite shower/WC; two terraces with sea views
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Washing machine
- Smart TV
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outdoor dining area
- Private swimming pool 8.8m x 4.5m (depth 1.45m maximum)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT):
- Mini-market 300m
- Beach 350m
- Tavernas 600m
- Amoudi village 7min drive
- Tsilivi harbour (boat hire) 10min drive
- Zakynthos Town 25min drive
- Zakynthos airport 30min drive
- Shipwreck Beach viewpoint 40min drive
- Blue Caves 50min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Ford Mondeo or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Ford Fiesta or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. Please note that damage to the undercarriage, wing mirrors, windscreen and tyres is not covered by insurance.
Group C – 1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group K – Automatic Suzuki Baleno or similar, 1.2 -1.4 litre engine, 2 large and 1 medium suitcases*
Group P – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase
Group V – Volvo V60 Station Wagon or similar, 3 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase
Group W – Minibus 9 seater or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
*Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide.
We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Edgar Allen Poe described Zakynthos as 'the flower of the Levante' and today, nearly 200 years later, this multi-faceted destination remains among the least developed of the larger Greek islands. The north in particular retains a timeless feel, thanks in part to its more rugged landscape that makes travel a little slower but infinitely more rewarding. There’s beauty and drama in towering cliffs and forest-clad mountains, but also hours of family fun on golden sandy beaches. From sleepy Agios Nikolaos in the north to the vibrant capital Zakynthos Town, you’ll find luxury villas and romantic honeymoon suites in some of Zante’s most idyllic locations
View holiday Booking Conditions