In this section...
- Innovative contemporary villa
- Light and spacious
- Sandy beach 5min walk
- Sivota harbour 10min walk
Situated on the edge of Sivota village, very close to the peaceful bay of Karvouno, Villa Amalia is one of a pair of innovative contemporary villas just 150m from a sandy beach. The house is light and bright, with fully retractable glass doors that open onto the terrace and a generously-sized private pool. All floors have a balcony or access to terraces, and with an additional living area and kitchenette on the lower floor, this villa is an excellent choice for a couple or a family with older children, who might also enjoy the freedom of being able to wander down to the beach bar and restaurant close by. Bella Vraka beach is also walkable, and has excellent water sports including canoeing and sailing.
This is the perfect location for a lazy holiday for those who don’t wish to drive: just a 10 minute stroll into Sivota, with its pretty harbour and numerous tavernas, cafés and bars whilst groceries can be delivered from the local supermarket. Some excellent excursions can be taken from a tour of the ancient world heritage sights in Albania to a private yacht for the day around Paxos and Anti Paxos.
Villa Amalia is entirely separate from neighbouring Villa Loukas, and screened by hedges for privacy, though both properties may also be combined to offer a spacious solution for two families or a group of friends.
- 2 bedroom villa split over 3 floors (sleeps 2-4)
- Suitable for family of 3 or 4 (not suitable for young children as the twin room has direct access to the swimming pool)
- Steps up to open-plan living/dining/kitchen area
- Small kitchen includes hob, fridge, microwave
- TV/DVD (English speaking news channels)
- Balcony with sea view
Lower ground floor
- Open-plan living area/dining/kitchenette area (mini-oven/fridge)
- Small twin room (can be made into a double with a mattress topper), no sea view
- Shower room
- Direct access to swimming pool
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and balcony with sea view
- Complimentary wifi
- Safe in double bedroom
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Private swimming pool 11m x 4m
- Steep hill down to Sivota Harbour
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0621Κ10000177101
- Beach (Karvourno) 5min walk
- Tavernas/supermarkets 5min walk (down a steep hill)
- Sivota harbour 5min walk (down a steep hill)
- Private sea taxi Sivota to Paxos 30min
- Preveza airport 1hr 20min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Panda or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Fiat Tipo or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group B1 – Hyundai i20 or similar, 1.3 litre engine, 1 large and 1 medium suitcase*
Group I – Fiat Doblo 7 seater or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Villa Amalia was lovely, well equipped and comfortable. The location was perfect for us with easy access to both the beach (great service and sun beds, fab food and service in the restaurant) and the town with it's laid back tavernas and night life. We enjoyed some lazy days and snorkeling at sea and relaxing days on the beach and by the pool. The organisation by Simpson Travel, the ease of travel, the wonderful location and the quality of the accommodation was second to none and really made it a great holiday for all of us Thank you.
Mrs Jeffrey – July 2017
Simpson never fail to disappoint, we booked our wedding / holiday / honeymoon to Paxos in 2013 through Simpson and our Consultant was Zoe Bowyer - It was the trip of a lifetime and exactly what we wished for so booking our next holiday I had every faith that our expectations would be met. We have just returned from a wonderful holiday at Villa Amalia in Sivota, perfect location for us although we were trying to avoid a London flight and stay over as we live in close proximity of Glasgow Airport and Edinburgh Airport however... it just meant our holiday started even earlier and a stay over in London was not such a bad start after all. Our stay over in London was spot on, our flights to Corfu were on time, we were met by the ever so friendly and welcoming Corfu Representatives for Simpson making the transfer easy. We were transferred straight to the Port, the Boat left soon after and again met by the lovely representatives at our final destination. We were provided with everything that we needed and the whole trip was hassle free with everything taken care of. It's always a bit daunting driving in a foreign country with little knowledge of the roads and of course road traffic rules, we got the impression there are not many but the car journey to Sivota from the Port was breathtaking with sea and mountain views along the way not the mention the wonderful view of Corfu, Paxos and Antipaxos... When we arrived at Villa Amalia, it was everything and more of what we were expecting, fully equipped to meet our ever needs, very spacious for the 2 of us and the view of the sea and little islands was just perfect. Our arrival time at our Villa couldn't have been planned any better as it gave me the chance to unpack and we had enough time to explore our surroundings. With a beach at our doorstep and the restaurants and bars within walking distance Sivota was the ideal location for us. We soon got into a daily routine of enjoying the house and poolside, a daily swim in the sea down at the beach to burn off the previous nights cocktails, a spot of sunbathing or a trip out on a boat to explore the islands and then dinner and drinks in the evening. The Villa was very well taken care of by the cleaner who visited the property more than what we were expecting, the Villa was spotlessly clean and the grounds and pool were proudly looked after by the owner of the Villa, it was a pleasure to stay in for the 2 weeks that we were there. We were also extremely looked after by Rado and Klaudia Borys, nothing was too much of a problem to them, they were welcoming and made our stay extremely pleasant... Our trip home was again hassle free with a glimpse of Mr. Simpson himself who was on our flight to Heathrow I just wish I had gotten the chance to thank him for yet again another wonderful holiday... he was standing right next to me at Passport Control... So all in all thank you Simpson Travel!
Mrs Clark – June 2015
We had a very pleasant stay and we were well looked after by Simpson. The beach below the villa is nice with very safe bathing, only five minutes walk. We also liked Mikri Ammos beach - about 5 minutes drive. There are some good restaurants in town - about 10 minutes walk from the villa.
Mrs Hughes – June 2015
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Unspoilt Sivota sits prettily in its own natural harbour just across the water from Corfu. A short walk away you’ll find two pristine sand-and-pebble beaches, with more to explore on the uninhabited islands offshore and along the glorious Epiros Coast. Further afield, and perfect for a short countryside break or day trip, is Zagoria, home to timeless slate-built villages, arched stone bridges and the fabled monasteries of Meteora.
View holiday Booking Conditions