In this section...
- Comfortable and charming house
- Delightful sea views
- Spacious open-plan living area
- Paxos Beach Hotel with all amenities 5-minute walk
- Gaios 5-minute drive
This two-bedroom stone house is a charming mix of traditional and contemporary styles. A very large, airy open-plan sitting/dining room and kitchen has several French windows leading out to a shaded terrace and a garden full of bright climbers, on one side of which there is a swimming pool. Inside and out the property feels spacious and relaxed.
Set just above the small coastal road between Gaios and Mongonissi, this house has a delightful view across the sea towards Corfu and the mainland as well as to Panagia Island and its monastery. The Paxos Beach Hotel lies below the house to one side, virtually invisible in its gardens, and guests staying here may use its facilities including a tennis court.
Whilst maintaining its own independence and privacy, The Stone House can be rented along with Villa Flora and The Artist's House to provide a spacious venue for an extended family gathering or a group of friends.
- 2 bedroom single-storey house (sleeps 2-4)
- Large open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (DVD use only), DVD/CD players
- Kitchen includes cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer
- Washing machine in separate utility area
- Double bedroom (150cm x 190cm bed); patio doors lead to terrace and pool
- Shower room
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 195cm beds) with en-suite shower room; patio doors lead to small courtyard
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Shaded terrace and pool terrace
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 0.9m – 1.7m)
- Due to the number of steps up to this property it is not recommended for people with walking difficulties
- The Stone House does not offer WiFi due to the inability to install a telephone line at this property
- Shared driveway to this villa is on a steep incline
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000403601
- Use of Paxos Beach Hotel and beach 5min walk (facilities payable locally)
- Tavernas and shops (Gaios) 5min drive/25min walk
- Transfer Corfu airport to Paxos by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take between 1hr 10min to 2hr 15min)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Simpson Travel made the whole experience seamless – they’d thought of everything from being met at every stage to a welcome pack of food essentials in arrival. The property was lively and Stuart, our Simpson representative in Paxos, was friendly, extremely helpful yet discreet and thoughtful.
Blaise Douglas – August 2019
We will miss our stunning view plus the peace and quiet that is The Artist’s House.
Tom & Carolyn – June 2019
All very good. The Simpson Travel representative was very helpful. We found Genesis probably the best restaurant in Gaois. Loggos was very peaceful. Relaxing bars overlooking the sea. Beaches all pleasant – some rather stony, not much sand. Second holiday with Simpson Travel, no doubt we will be back.
Terry & Diana – September 2018
Newbies to Paxos and have absolutely loved it! This house has suited us – a family of 4, mum, dad and our two 6’3” ‘boys’ – extremely well. Such a lovely place to stay and a great location. There is boat hire from Captain Nikos at Loggos plus drinks at Roxi which is a ‘must do’.
The Binks – July 2018
Our first time in Paxos and we think it's wonderful. The villa, the view and the pool are all wonderful and we have had a relaxing time sunbathing, swimming, reading and eating. We particularly liked Vitoumi beach on Anti Paxos and Mongonissi beach on Paxos, especially when the sunbeds were on the beach. People were friendly everywhere and the Simpson Travel staff were very helpful – thanks David, for all your advice. As always one week has gone too quickly – I'm sure we'll be back.
Sue & Andy – June 2017
Our rep Kate in Paxos was very helpful and obliging. The villa was lovely and we had a great holiday. Many thanks for all your help.
Mrs Dring – August 2016
This is our third booking with Simpson Travel and our first time to Paxos. We have learnt from our past experience that booking with Simpson gives you assurance and peace of mind – receiving a quality level of service and villa. With Simpson, it's not about resolving issues, it's about there being no issues. Everything is planned and executed, just like a well-rehearsed play. We booked The Stone House not only because of its location overlooking the sea, but because of the dappled shade that the olive trees provide in the garden. We spent many of our lunches under the trees, with a bottle of rosé wine, watching the boats go by on the sea. The villa was immaculate in terms of its internal furnishings. It had a modern kitchen and a beautiful, light and cool living area. Such a delight to come back to after being in the hot sun. As always with Simpson, the bed was large and comfortable, with quality linen and pillows. We would recommend The Stone House, Paxos and Simpson Travel to anyone.
Ms Gil – June 2016
We loved The Stone House, perfect position to walk into Gaios. We are sad to be going – Paxos is a wonderful island – the people are incredibly friendly to everyone.
Mrs Meynell – July 2015
We loved our week on Paxos at The Stone House. So many great memories to take away. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.
Mrs Harris – May 2015
Wonderful holiday in Paxos, super welcome hamper, great support team and a villa with picture perfect views! We have not travelled with Simpson Travel before but will certainly do so again.
Dr Hughes – May 2014
A first-class experience right across the board. The best travel company we have ever used. A faultless offering!
Mr Wilson – September 2013
We have just returned from another superb holiday with Simpson Travel, this time to Paxos and Corfu. We received excellent information about the two destinations both in England, whilst researching and booking, and in Greece, from the local reps. Our properties were charming and comfortable in stunning locations. Thank you Simpson Travel!
Mrs Mutton – August 2013
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions