In this section...
- Superbly positioned villa
- Outstanding sea views
- Stylish and comfortable
- Beach/tavernas 5min walk
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
Location is always a key factor when choosing our properties. The majority of our clients prefer ‘a room with a view’. Monodendri is one of the most beautiful beaches on Paxos. A 400-metre sweep of white pebbles backed by pine and cypress trees with a turquoise sea lapping at its shores.
In spring and autumn it is a haven for those who prefer a relaxing sojourn with a scattering of like-minded visitors either scattered along the beach or sampling the fresh fish at one of Monodendri’s two waterside tavernas. In the height of summer, late July and August, Monodendri’s personality changes and a different clientele arrive. Families with teenage children, young couples and those who enjoy a more hedonistic lifestyle replace the Grecophiles who travel earlier in the season.
Thanelli sits behind Monodendri Blue and is a spacious and contemporary villa with stunning views over this glorious spot. Perfect for families with teenagers during school holidays while offering a more relaxed feel during the shoulder months. The beach is a mere five-minute stroll down a meandering lane that finishes at Monodendri (longer on the uphill journey back). In the afternoon on hot August days music can be heard wafting up from the beach, but by late afternoon most sunworshippers have departed and you'll have time to enjoy a quiet cocktail in one of the two tavernas before they close before dinner.
Whilst maintaining its own independence and privacy, Thanelli can be rented along with Monodendri Blue and Villa Heleni to provide a spacious venue for an extended family gathering or a group of friends.
- 2-bedroom villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with Greek satellite TV (English-speaking news channels), DVD/CD player
- Kitchen includes full cooker, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (160cm x 195cm bed) with en-suite shower room
- WC and washing machine
- Twin bedroom (90cm x 195cm beds) with en-suite shower room, private balcony
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer
- Simpson Travel pool towels
- Built-in barbecue area
- Private infinity swimming pool 4.5m x 8.6m (depth 1m – 1.75m)
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0829K91000399401
- Corfu airport to Corfu port is either by taxi, minibus or bus 10min
- Waiting time at Corfu port is usually between 1hr to 2hrs at the port café where there is an area to store luggage
- Corfu port to Paxos port is by hydrofoil, sea taxi or ferry and depending on the mode of transport the journey will take between 1hr 10mins to 2hrs 15mins
- Monodendri beach (tavernas) 5min downhill walk (tavernas not open in the evening)
- Lakka 5min drive
- Loggos 5min drive
- Gaios 12min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group B, Fiat Punto or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group C, Grande Punto or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group C – 1.3-1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Sandero Step Way or similar, 1.4 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*
Group I – Suzuki Grand Vitara 7 seater or similar, 2.8 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group G – Cabrio Fiat 500 or similar, 1.2 litre engine, 1 large suitcase*
Group J – Automatic car or similar, 1.2-1.3 litre engine, 3 medium suitcases*.
Group K – Fiat Doblo A/C 7 seater or similar, 1.5-2.0 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
I love Thanelli and being able to walk to Monodendri beach. Ben’s bar is good to eat in and fussy eaters will find something they can eat and there’s an ice cream cabinit (sic). If you feel more adventurous you can try Erimitis beach but be warned it’s a very steep road and it’s very bumpy – it’s also very hard to walk down in flip flops. But at the top of the hill there is a bar which is amazing to watch the sunset from. I would recommend getting a boat – there are great beaches and caves you can swim through. All in all our trip to Paxos was amazing. P.S. PLEASE feed the cats especially the tabby with part of her ear missing as she is pregnant. We have named her Socks as she has four white paws.
India (10) & Alex (9) Cole – August 2019
A beautiful week at Thanelli in Paxos. Fabulously situated and a stunning view to come out to each morning. We loved our week here, thank you.
Mrs Grancaric – July 2017
We booked three properties for a large family birthday celebration and we all had a tremendous time. Something for everyone from ages 2 to 69 – thank you Simpson Travel!
Miss Clark – August 2016
We absolutely love travelling with Simpson Travel. The whole experience is always wholly positive and the quality of everything (website, flights, service, properties) is always excellent and, as a client, you feel valued. We arrived home on Sunday and booked for next year on Monday which, I think, speaks for itself.
Mrs Cannell – July 2016
You get what you pay for with Simpson Travel. The service is outstanding, and travel arrangements, including transfers, are made as easy as possible.
Dr Clark – June 2016
Simpson Travel cannot be faulted on villa quality, location, island reps and just a 100% commitment to service. Got back yesterday and booked for next year.
Mrs Draper – June 2016
Paxos is a delight! Thanelli was beautiful with a super view.
Mr Neal – May 2016
Thanelli is an excellent villa in a wonderful location on a beautiful island. It ticks all the boxes and more. If you ever go there I hope you enjoy your time there as much as we did. Thanks to Simpson Travel and their local people on the island for adding so much.
Mr Elliott – August 2015
Great villa, clean comfortable and perfect location. Swimming pool fantastic and very well used everyday. Hope to be back!
Mrs Dickson – June 2015
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There are few better ways of relaxing than on a luxury holiday in Paxos, where days fill up beautifully with sunbathing, swimming, snorkelling and dining in style, the sea just metres from your table. Amble through ancient olive groves and you’ll catch glimpses of startlingly turquoise bays, the dramatic west-coast cliffs or the Epiros Mountains. In spring, there’s also a haze of purple honesty, wild irises and lilies and a sky that’s alive with birdlife, from hawks to skylarks.
View holiday Booking Conditions