In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Finished to a high spec
- Beautiful sea views
- Waterside tavernas at Vathy 5-minute walk
Meganissi has rapidly established itself as a real Simpson Travel favourite, thanks to its signature relaxed pace and authentic charm that have all but disappeared from many of the larger Greek islands. Conscious of the need to protect this delightful landscape, the locals also seem to have perfected the knack of building traditional stone houses with smart contemporary interiors, and Villa Akoni is a fine new example of the style.
The house is one of a trio of villas, each with its own private pool and terrace, overlooking Ambelaki Bay in the north of the island. You can sit here all day long and watch the yachts coming and going in the bay, but the real beauty of this spot is that it’s walking distance from Vathy. The village sits at the head of a deep natural inlet, a magnet for sailing boats in the summer months, and therefore well provided with cafés and tavernas. If you get here at the right time you can get fish straight from the waterside, but if you miss the boat this is still a wonderful spot to people watch and take a lesson from the locals in the art of easy living. Katomeri, with its very traditional architecture and local tavernas is just a couple of minutes away by car, and the pretty beach of Fanari is only a five minute drive.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English speaking news channels); leads out to outdoor terrace/pool
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Separate WC and washing machine
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, leads to private balcony
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room, leads to private balcony
Lower ground floor
- Twin bedroom with sitting area and en-suite shower room
- This room can be accessed externally or internally
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Exterior dining area with barbecue
- Exterior living area
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1m – 1.6m)
- The Google map is a few years old and there is now a further villa next door
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000544401
- Beach (Fanari) 5min drive
- Tavernas/supermarkets (Vathy) 5min walk
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, Citroen C3 or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Note or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, Citroën C3 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage tyres and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group E – Fiat Tipo or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large suitcases & 1 small suitcase*
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
The location of Villa Akoni is superb – amazing views, secluded from the neighbours and such an easy to walk to Vathy and a relatively short drive anywhere. Rebecca, the Simpson Travel representative on Meganissi, is amazing – she was always happy to help with any questions or requests. Chris and Natasha at Preveza also provided a great first introduction to Simpson Travel on the ground – they were so warm and friendly. I will definitely book with Simpson again. It’s about 20 years since I last travelled on a package, always preferring to do my own thing – Simpson Travel has shown me package holidays in a new light!
SG – August 2018
A most stunning service from booking to coming home. Nothing was too much and we had an amazing holiday at Villa Akoni. We will definitely use Simpson Travel again.
Justin – July 2018
Akoni is ideally located with a view of the two lovely bays close to Vathy. The villa is built to very high standards with great views and is very close to the port’s amenities. A short walk takes you to some lovely restaurants and bars which are unspoilt and serve excellent food. An amazing place and tough to beat.
Mr Hatton – October 2017
Meganissi is an idyllic island with breathtaking scenery where you go. We particularly enjoyed the drive to Agios Ioannis via Stravnam and the two local walks around Vathy. We also spent endless hours of pleasure watching the boats come and go from the villa’s balcony. Many thanks to Simpson Travel and Rebecca for a truly wonderful holiday in an excellent villa – we hope to be back soon.
Pat & Richard Jordan – September 2017
A beautiful villa in a fantastic location. This was our third family holiday in Meganissi and this was definitely the villa with the best views. Our teenage children ended up voting for Fanari as their favourite beach – I think it was the reggae beach bar and backgammon that swung it. Rebecca has been absolutely fantastic. We had some very difficult family issues back in the UK at the beginning of the holiday and Rebecca went above and beyond to help us navigate our way through that.
The Massey Family – August 2017
Had a wonderful week here. Thanks to Rebecca for arranging everything so well.
Sue, Mike, Milly and Milla – July 2017
Excellent knowledgeable service. Beautiful villa in excellent location with a very helpful, friendly representative.
Mrs Fisher – July 2016
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
View holiday Booking Conditions