In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Finished to a high spec
- Beautiful sea views
- Waterside tavernas at Vathy 5min walk
Meganissi has rapidly established itself as a real Simpson Travel favourite, thanks to its signature relaxed pace and authentic charm that have all but disappeared from many of the larger Greek islands. Conscious of the need to protect this delightful landscape, the locals also seem to have perfected the knack of building traditional stone houses with smart contemporary interiors, and Villa Taphian is a fine new example of the style.
The house is one of a trio of villas, each with its own private pool and terrace, overlooking Ambelaki Bay in the north of the island. You can sit here all day long and watch the yachts coming and going in the bay, but the real beauty of this spot is that it’s walking distance from Vathy. The village sits at the head of a deep natural inlet, a magnet for sailing boats in the summer months, and therefore well provided with cafés and seafood tavernas. If you get here at the right time you can get the day’s catch straight from the waterside, but if you miss the boat this is still a wonderful spot to people watch and take a lesson from the locals in the art of easy living. Katomeri, with its very traditional architecture and local tavernas is just a couple of minutes away by car, and the pretty beach of Fanari is only a five minute drive.
- 3 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-6)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English speaking news channels); leads out to outdoor terrace/pool
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Separate WC and washing machine
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room; leads to balcony
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
Lower ground floor
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Room can be accessed internally or externally
- Complimentary wifi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outdoor living area
- Outdoor dining area with barbecue
- Private swimming pool 8m x 4m (depth 1m – 1.6m)
- All properties with wifi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (EOT): 0831K91000544401
- Tavernas/supermarkets (Vathy) 5min walk
- Beach (Fanari) 5min drive
- Transfer Preveza airport to Meganissi by taxi or minibus and sea taxi or ferry (depending on the mode of transport and the departure port, the journey will take about 1hr 30mins)
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4-5 guests – 1 Group D, Nissan Tiida or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Polo or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with no excess charge. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres, wing mirrors and windscreen are not included in the cover.
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 1 large and 1 small suitcase*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group F – Automatic Opel Astra or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group K – Opel Zafira or similar, 1.8 litre engine, no suitcases with full occupancy*
Group L – Opel Vivaro or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 6 medium suitcases*
Group M – Nissan Qashqai SUV 2WD or similar, 2.0 litre engine, 2 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
A fantastic holiday from start to finish. Thank you for all you help, knowledge and input. Can't wait to use you again.
Mrs Corley – August 2016
Another excellent holiday with Simpson Travel. As usual all arrangements were seamless, and the introduction of the BA flights from Heathrow last year have made a huge difference. Meganissi was a beautiful, unspoiled island and the Simpson Travel Rep Rebecca was extremely helpful. The standard of villa was good and had the added attraction of just being over a five minute walk down to the bars and tavernas in the evening.
Mr Wilford – July 2016
Another fabulous holiday with Simpson Travel. The location and villa was every bit as beautiful and comfortable as we hoped. The description and pictures may not even have done it justice! The Simpson Travel team did absolutely everything to make our holiday as relaxing and enjoyable as possible with an excellent personal service. Thank you Simpson Travel :) x
Mrs Jones – July 2016
Our choice of Greek properties is as diverse as the islands themselves, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
Local life potters along as it’s done for centuries and there are no bustling resorts on Meganissi, just three flower-filled villages – and yet you’ll still see luxury yachts moored in the harbours. Warmly welcoming, this island is also beautifully unspoilt; its coastline dotted with gleaming white beaches, some accessible only by boat or kayak. Inland, the rolling hills make for wonderful walking country, with shady pine forests and spectacular blue seas beyond.
To complete the picture, we offer a selection of handpicked luxury villas in Meganissi to help you make the most of this exclusive island.
View holiday Booking Conditions